Sparrowhawk

ALF

HAD THE KAMAKAZIES OOT FAE BEFORE 8 THIS MORNING ALL BACK IN AT 9.45 PRESENT AND CORRECT PUT THE COCKS OUT 25 OF THEM AND 30 MINS LATER THE HAWK CAME OUT OF NOWHERE BUT LUCKILY THE CROWS WERE IN THE TREE NEAR THE LOFT AND SEEN IT COMING AND THE NOISE LET THE DOOS KNOW SOMETHING WAS UP BUT THEY HAD ONLY JUST LANDED AGAIN WHEN SHE HAD ANOTHER GO THIS TIME SCATTERING THEM EVERYWHERE AND 1 EVEN FLEW IN THE DOOR OF THE LOFT expletive remove.....

Na good Alf, had that las year, it had 4 attacks in 3/4Q hour when i was standing in garden, Desparate or wit, while i chased it off one bird which went under nebours shed, i turned to put bird in loft only find bop had went into Avairy, unblieve-able. :( :( seen one yesday pratice,n its run up to lofts when birds were out, so will be Alert this this season,

It's the same story everywhere guys, I had an email of a guy who had been in hospital to have a knee replacement operation, he reported that already this year that he has lost 15 birds. It's that bad his neighbours are knocking on his door asking him to remove the carcases from their gardens.

We have two old birds already taken off the loft, we've even started to lob trees down and an old telegraph pole, to stop it sitting there waiting for the birds come out.

Were dreading letting the youngsters out.

got a roll of that hawk deterant in the BHW, got a strip on both my atic room windows,also cut a bit and put it up on a pole, keeps changing colours in the sun, birds sitting about the loft in bath etc , and 2 hawks in the sky for ages never came above me, so dont know yet, time will tell,

Guest TAMMY_1

got a roll of that hawk deterant in the BHW, got a strip on both my atic room windows,also cut a bit and put it up on a pole, keeps changing colours in the sun, birds sitting about the loft in bath etc , and 2 hawks in the sky for ages never came above me, so dont know yet, time will tell,

what issue is that in Archie ?

its in the 27th January BHW page 110, SUPER HAWK DETERRENT £24-99, you can phone them, J.C. RAINES, 0758/204108, you get a roll of it, was thinking about getting another roll of the site and giving 2-3 members a bit to try,

How many metres in a roll

How many metres in a roll

30 Metre

Irri Tape

30 Metre Hawk Repeller Ribbon, Sretch Lines of tape between posts at a height of one meter above ground level.

Alternitavely use a may pole by stretching lines from a tall centre stake and pegging them into the ground, thats the instructions,

I have placed strips inside my attic windows back and front, but also made a flag of a piece a metre long which blows in the wind, looks good when the sun shines on it changing colours .its 2 inch wide

sparrow hawk had a pop at my later breds this afternoon, came from no where and tried to nab a red cock... despite me chasing it around the garden the hawk seemed to show little fear until i lobbed the watering can at it... LITTLE BUGGER! get ya next time... :emoticon-0179-headbang:

sparrow hawk had a pop at my later breds this afternoon, came from no where and tried to nab a red cock... despite me chasing it around the garden the hawk seemed to show little fear until i lobbed the watering can at it... LITTLE BUGGER! get ya next time... :emoticon-0179-headbang:

why do they always pick reds out first ,anybody know why.

MIGHT BE SOMETHING IN LETTING THEM OUT AND GETTING STREETWISE AS MY KAMAKAZIES HAVE BEEN OUT ALL WINTER AND ONLY LOST THE 1 TO A HAWK BUT THAT WAN WAS RELOCATED BUT DONT THINK I WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT WITH WHAT I THINK ARE MY BEST RACERS :o :o :o:emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Guest bluemorning

if the ground is frozen up your way or covered in snow the small birds feed in hedgerow bottoms and are hard for the spars to catch thats when they will pay more attention to your birds keep them in a few day while thi weather passes.

solway feeders do great larson trapps for magpies,dont complain do something about it,lost three birds early march last year the sparrow dissapeared after my delivery from solways,the trapp will be put out again and the poor fantail will have to run the guantlet again when the problem comes back and we all know the problem will return.

Guest jim lad

Yes MRS hawk was fitter than your bird, mine are out every day and losses are rare

definateley going to look in to this next year one of ,the most enjoyable parts of the of the sport for me is watching the pigeons excersize round the loft sadly this isnt happening just now :(