Lanarkshire Fed Secretary

Agree it is impossible for a working man (or woman) to run a fed of this size. Surprised Gareth thinks £6000 is reasonable but doesnt think snfc is worth 18k with three times the membership. I am in a small fed compared to lanarkshire but we are lucky because our sec does it for nowt

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree it is impossible for a working man (or woman) to run a fed of this size. Surprised Gareth thinks £6000 is reasonable but doesnt think snfc is worth 18k with three times the membership. I am in a small fed compared to lanarkshire but we are lucky because our sec does it for nowt

the snfc only have six races

and am not saying it is an easy job just pointing out a fact

Guest Gareth Rankin

It is reasonable when you consider that other prestigious National clubs in the UK are paying secretary's salary's of £8000 per year with 2000 members compared to Lanarkshires 462 members, this number will no doubt this year will be down to below the 450.

Guest Gareth Rankin

Strange post from you Gareth as you won't do the job to concentrate on earning a decent living for you and yours!! The man leaving the post will tell ANYONE clever enough to listen to him that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a Working man to do his main job, run the Fed and Manage a team of racing pigeons, something would have to give and it would NEED to be his pigeons as the other 2 you get Paid for. jmo

John what im trying to say is how on earth do you justify to the members any more of a pay rise than 60%, jumping from approx £3800 to £6000 is quite a jump when there is mass unemployment especially when there ways to modernise and streamline the job.

Worth noting:-

1.We have declining membership.

2.There are only 45 birds on the feds weekly result.

3.Computer software packages will make it easier not only with the result but with dealing with finance movements between clubs and the fed.

4.Im have been told that there is a race program out there that if every club used it, then an email could be sent to the fed from each of the clubs with the result, then when fed secretary uploads to his computer then the result is made up automatically.

There has be a happy medium in what the new salary should be but remember it is no more than a part time and seasonal job.

John what do you believe would be an acceptable salary for the job.

Gareth there is a lot of work to modernise and streamline and for £6000 will be well short of what is required to get the proper

man /woman to do the job

now if you said to the person can you implement the changes then after three years the job might become a seasonal job and only be worth £115 per week (£6000) less tax and national insurance

now £220 per week(£8500) less tax and national insurance will insure the person we need to implement the changes needed to modernise our fed and that will take hours of work

after 2 or 3 year we could look again

what we talking about here. secretary does this also include

the treasures post and the transport managers job also as Ian Henderson

did them all for £3,813 so define the job. I do believe the

position should be filled from within the sport and not by

someone who is only in it for the money J.M.O

wullie was Ian Henderson not from outside the sport when he started?

WHAT WOULD THE MEMBERS OF THE FED OAN HERE THINK IF I TOLD YOU I KNOW SOMEONE WILLING AND CAPABLE TO DO THE JOB BUT WOULD BE LOOKING FOR APPROX A 30 HOUR A WEEK CONTRACT ON MINIMUM WAGES MEANING A WAGE OF APPROX £8500 A YEAR NOT EXACTLY A KINGS RANSOM BUT IN RETURN HE WOULD BE WILLING TO RUN A FED YOUNG BIRD SALE AND A BIG SHOW TO OFFSET THE COST OF PAYING THE EXTRA WAGES FOR THE FED????<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-family: arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">

I believe this is the best option for the Fed, it would ensure the new man/woman has time to make the changes required and bringing in extra income from sales/show to cover the extra expenditure would mean very little impact on the finances of the Fed. With the right person running it the Fed may well MAKE money from the new Secy and not Lose money by paying a wage.jmo

Guest WHITE DOO

Spilt it up in to 3 job and you will more inside fed look at taking one.

as an outsider looking in--the right guy will take your fed to another level------look at what happened with jim savage and his friends at ayrshire with a modern run late bred sale, some great pigeon men fly into scotland and if the right man promoted it just think what could be achieved .

i wish you all the best in your choice but stop thinking about how it was run but how it could be run with forward thinking.

ALL THE BEST

I also am an outsider and perhaps should not comment but I can assure you it is definitly not a seasonal job.The secretary of a modern pigeon organisation is involved in the administration each week of the year the responsibility and calls on his or her services are never ending.A knowledge of the finer details of pigeon racing is essential as the secretary is frequently the final arbitrator in disputes and the first person telephoned by unhappy fanciers.Computer literacy is of course essential and it has been found in our organisation (the Solway) that renumeration is best fixed by the members annually by the AGM with all expenses detailed.

Guest homestead

I also am an outsider and perhaps should not comment but I can assure you it is definitly not a seasonal job.The secretary of a modern pigeon organisation is involved in the administration each week of the year the responsibility and calls on his or her services are never ending.A knowledge of the finer details of pigeon racing is essential as the secretary is frequently the final arbitrator in disputes and the first person telephoned by unhappy fanciers.Computer literacy is of course essential and it has been found in our organisation (the Solway) that renumeration is best fixed by the members annually by the AGM with all expenses detailed.

:emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping:

:

:emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping:

Guest Gareth Rankin

all this talk about a new secretary what about the one who is leaving and has been a well and trully trusted servant of the LANARKSHIRE FED what does he get :emoticon-0138-thinking: for all he has done for the past 39 years

Fantastic service Ian has given to the fed, would imagine that a gift will be on the way at some stage.

all this talk about a new secretary what about the one who is leaving and has been a well and trully trusted servant of the LANARKSHIRE FED what does he get :emoticon-0138-thinking: for all he has done for the past 39 years

Ian was consulted on this and an appropriate gift is being sorted for him the now Sammy. Have to say he didnae ask for the earth, in fact what he suggested himself was Paltry so it'll be took out of his hands and will be decided by the delegates. That's what i THINK is going to happen.

Ian was consulted on this and an appropriate gift is being sorted for him the now Sammy. Have to say he didnae ask for the earth, in fact what he suggested himself was Paltry so it'll be took out of his hands and will be decided by the delegates. That's what i THINK is going to happen.

:emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

WHAT WOULD THE MEMBERS OF THE FED OAN HERE THINK IF I TOLD YOU I KNOW SOMEONE WILLING AND CAPABLE TO DO THE JOB BUT WOULD BE LOOKING FOR APPROX A 30 HOUR A WEEK CONTRACT ON MINIMUM WAGES MEANING A WAGE OF APPROX £8500 A YEAR NOT EXACTLY A KINGS RANSOM BUT IN RETURN HE WOULD BE WILLING TO RUN A FED YOUNG BIRD SALE AND A BIG SHOW TO OFFSET THE COST OF PAYING THE EXTRA WAGES FOR THE FED????<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-family: arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">

I believe this is the best option for the Fed, it would ensure the new man/woman has time to make the changes required and bringing in extra income from sales/show to cover the extra expenditure would mean very little impact on the finances of the Fed. With the right person running it the Fed may well MAKE money from the new Secy and not Lose money by paying a wage.jmo

THAT IT NOW SETTLED JOHN IN THE HUDDLE IN THE CORNER LAST NIGHT :emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle:

this fed, should be away out on its own, an self sufficient

and have at lest 2 HIRED transporters, and a MEDIUM sized trailer the gravy train must stop as far as basket repairs go and trailer maintenance

would save at least £20,000 if we had our own guys driving the hired Hi ABS.7.5 tons

geraldy do a demountable body that would work well if we hired a 7.5 tom hi ab and a ordinary flat bed and have the lift of body designed to suit where we could store it when not in use all made from aluminium

this from there web We are your partner for:

Pigeon transporters up to 8000 pigeons

Trailers and articulated trailers

Demountable bodies

Hiring 2nd hand transporters occasionally available

Rebuilding and alteration of used transporters

Equipment for the pigeon sport

page

After discussion 2 proposals will be brought to a delegates meeting (TBA) to decide which is the best of them, the gift will then be given to Ian at the Presentation evening on February 10th.

After discussion 2 proposals will be brought to a delegates meeting (TBA) to decide which is the best of them, the gift will then be given to Ian at the Presentation evening on February 10th.

is he gettin a cup or a watch :emoticon-0126-nerd: