Split Liberations

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has different ideas human nature i suppose however because of this nothing will change and these posts/debates will continue for the next 30 years

There wont be any pigeon racing going on in 30 years, thats if things keep continuing the way they are.

What good would that do? If members dont want the races they wont support them but at the moment they obviously do.

Agree people send to them through choice and there has been some terrifc performances and will be in future but its to the detrement of federation birdages and to the birdage of the channel events-which I think most people would agree is what SNFC is all about.

Theres another thread cutting about saying a similar thing but I think the best long term solution for feds would be to look into amalgamating for the further Inland races and later young bird races.

From the SNFCs point of view if there were no inland Nationals you'd have a bigger entry into yer Gold Cup

not in faviour of split libs for any of our national races

if the first lib are up and away 15 or 30 minutes later lib 2 goes

lib 1 is away and on the way home lib 2 hits rain and goes to ground or has to detour by miles to get round it

or the otherway round and lib 1 hits rain

to my thinking they are both flying 2 differant races

with possibly 2 differant weather conditions enroute

jmo

That is exactly my point Davy, our birds have been racing 2 different races for years and for years the west have had no chance of winning the race when the strings were cut. When i win at anything i like to think my opponent has had an equal opportunity to what i had when the bell rings so to speak, the way the YB national is run just now does not give every bird in the basket that chance. I know the wind determines where the winners will be, we can't do anything about that, however we can try to rectify the problems that are within our scope. jmo.

Agree people send to them through choice and there has been some terrifc performances and will be in future but its to the detrement of federation birdages and to the birdage of the channel events-which I think most people would agree is what SNFC is all about.

Theres another thread cutting about saying a similar thing but I think the best long term solution for feds would be to look into amalgamating for the further Inland races and later young bird races.

From the SNFCs point of view if there were no inland Nationals you'd have a bigger entry into yer Gold Cup

The young bird race has no effect at all on federation birdages except North of Scotland as i think they were the only fed racing last weekend. If the west want a better chance in the ybn I think they need to bite the bullet and all go down the west route and also get some distance on their birds before the national at least 2 races around 150/170 miles. They are training their birds to come up the east and dog leg and then complain when they do the same at the national. Bang some heads together and form a combine to go to Stafford or similar the week before Leicester. As far as a split lib goes FORGET IT.

The young bird race has no effect at all on federation birdages except North of Scotland as i think they were the only fed racing last weekend. If the west want a better chance in the ybn I think they need to bite the bullet and all go down the west route and also get some distance on their birds before the national at least 2 races around 150/170 miles. They are training their birds to come up the east and dog leg and then complain when they do the same at the national. Bang some heads together and form a combine to go to Stafford or similar the week before Leicester. As far as a split lib goes FORGET IT.

Why not just include liecester in the L/SHIRE yb race programme and go with the snfc.

In 7 years up to this year 4 west section birds have been in the first 100 Open, 3 in one year and 1 in another.

That is SEVEN HUNDRED Open positions and only FOUR have been taken in the west i would suggest that anyone who thinks this is a true representation of the calibre of birds or fanciers in the west then you aught to go back to square one in perception of reality.

The West were never in a million years gonna win with that wind last weekend but going back to JADE's point it'd be interesting to know how many birds in the top 20 the last 7 years have actually been further than Leicester in the weeks beforehand :emoticon-0138-thinking:

As much as i want to start my Yb's at 100mls and race them to 200mls+ in my Fed, there are far more Fed members who Don't want that and it is their race program to decide. Some of them are anti SNFC and imo quite rightly aren't interested in helping me or anybody else get their doos ready for a National race, they just want to race against the guys around them and get as many of their doos to the yearling stage as they possibly can.

Guest Gareth Rankin

Not sure, but the Belgiums have Semi-National winners and i am sure that this means different liberations which is not necessarily from the same liberation site.

Combine races, you are spot on.

Dog legging, once again you are correct, but its a good job they did because there was no pigeons could come up from the Solway with the weather we had on Sunday. But with dog legging fanciers are trying to make the best out of a bad situation, i.e. Hawks and Hills.

I dont think that ANY national race is fair. The reason being the wind factor and the distance factor.

shortest distance on the Leicester result=184 miles.

longest distance being =352 miles.

Surely these 2 birds are in a different class ie middle/sprint, and distance.

So how can this be an equal race?

Thats like a marathon runner being in the same race as sprint to middle distance runner. And for the marathon runner to win would have to maintain the same speed as the sprinter did for it to get home.

In my opinion it would have to be done by distance and have different categories

ie

group one would be up to lofts up to 200miles

group two would be from 200 miles to 270 miles

group three would be from 270 miles to 350 miles

This is only an idea, and not a clue how the finer points would be addressed, ie basketing ect.

To make it even more fairer is to have an east race point and a west race point, in the space of 2 weeks and then the velocities would be taken from the both races to achieve the winner of each group.

Could it work? not a clue.

my opinion only

delboy you say section f wont take you back so how come you left it to go to sect e in the first place and why was it allowed , im just wondering as i was not around then .thanks

I didnt leave, my club went with Lanarkshire and then Midland feds, we were then put in section E, however, most of the club went back to Glasgow fed( sect F ) and myself and J &J Hood were knocked back :emoticon-0179-headbang: Bad crack and discrimination imo

I didnt leave, my club went with Lanarkshire and then Midland feds, we were then put in section E, however, most of the club went back to Glasgow fed( sect F ) and myself and J &J Hood were knocked back :emoticon-0179-headbang: Bad crack and discrimination imo

del spoke 2 a guy at snrpc sale ,< LATE BREDS > AND ASKED him why ? you could not get in he said you will never get in ,ask why he would not say < bad crack >

del spoke 2 a guy at snrpc sale ,< LATE BREDS > AND ASKED him why ? you could not get in he said you will never get in ,ask why he would not say < bad crack >

He cant tell ye because there is no reason other than success is grudged. If I was in section F , I would have won the section around 18 times and won about 150 diplomas in the last 10 years.Now, Jim Donaldson has a great record in his section, but we are not allowed to attain such a record, now you see why im not wanted in sect F.This also applies to J & J.Hood, they would have won numerous diplomas as well. Everyone around me is in sect F and im not allowed , terrible. By the way, the yb nat last week, I would have been 1st 2nd 3rd sect F

Scandalous. Anyone who keeps someone out because they cant beat them should be ashamed of themselves. You know who you are !!!

Yes Jade and Ive had no help from our governing body, the SHU. They told me if I wanted a club to fly in, I would have to start one myself. Thats gospel truth

He cant tell ye because there is no reason other than success is grudged. If I was in section F , I would have won the section around 18 times and won about 150 diplomas in the last 10 years.Now, Jim Donaldson has a great record in his section, but we are not allowed to attain such a record, now you see why im not wanted in sect F.This also applies to J & J.Hood, they would have won numerous diplomas as well. Everyone around me is in sect F and im not allowed , terrible. By the way, the yb nat last week, I would have been 1st 2nd 3rd sect F

Great flyin Derek, damn shame for both you and sectionF cos you would have had a real high profile in the media!!!!!