Apple Cider Vinegar

The use of Apple Cider Vinegar in pigeon racing

The old secrets that still work well today - that old-timers home remedy. It is a tonic acetic acid, contains 19 minerals and 93 components that can help your pigeons stay in top racing form. ACV has been known to have numerous health benefits, it can fight infection, promote digestion, prevent sickness, it is anti-fungal and has a gentle detoxification agent. It boosts the immune system, cures flu, sore throats, sinus infections - a total natural organic, anti-bacterial, anti coccidial that is effective in killing the 0-157 strains of e-coli bacteria and salmonellas.

ACV's vitamin content includes vitamin G, E, A, B1, B2, B6, pro vitamin Beta-carotene, vitamin P - it can improve the health of your birds. Yes ACV has many outstanding qualities that are beneficial to you and your birds.

Reasonable dosage.

5ml of ACV per 1 litres of water can be given to the birds two times a week. Avoid overdosing. In too great a quantity it can damage good intestinal bacteria.

After a week using ACV the pigeons general plumage becomes soft and shiny, they move around with purpose, the birds look great at all times. When held, they feel glossy, feathers feel silky soft and glide through your hands.

Benefits

Increased moulting of down feathers

Pink breast muscles

Less scales

Good dropping

Increases egg supply

If the loft has ongoing problems a fancier can put ACV in the water for one or two days per week as part of an ongoing health management programme, a failure to respond indicates a more serious problem and vetinary assistance may be required.

The use of Apple Cider Vinegar in pigeon racing

The old secrets that still work well today - that old-timers home remedy. It is a tonic acetic acid, contains 19 minerals and 93 components that can help your pigeons stay in top racing form. ACV has been known to have numerous health benefits, it can fight infection, promote digestion, prevent sickness, it is anti-fungal and has a gentle detoxification agent. It boosts the immune system, cures flu, sore throats, sinus infections - a total natural organic, anti-bacterial, anti coccidial that is effective in killing the 0-157 strains of e-coli bacteria and salmonellas.

ACV's vitamin content includes vitamin G, E, A, B1, B2, B6, pro vitamin Beta-carotene, vitamin P - it can improve the health of your birds. Yes ACV has many outstanding qualities that are beneficial to you and your birds.

Reasonable dosage.

5ml of ACV per 1 litres of water can be given to the birds two times a week. Avoid overdosing. In too great a quantity it can damage good intestinal bacteria.

After a week using ACV the pigeons general plumage becomes soft and shiny, they move around with purpose, the birds look great at all times. When held, they feel glossy, feathers feel silky soft and glide through your hands.

Benefits

Increased moulting of down feathers

Pink breast muscles

Less scales

Good dropping

Increases egg supply

If the loft has ongoing problems a fancier can put ACV in the water for one or two days per week as part of an ongoing health management programme, a failure to respond indicates a more serious problem and vetinary assistance may be required.

Where did you get that info from?

• 1 month later...

i use cider vinegar and honey three times a week in the drinker, and to be honest i cant see any difference to the birds what so ever..........but will continue to use it until i find out one way or the other if it is of any benefit.

i think you are using honey in its more natural state there is little point

I believe ACV to be a very good source of minerals and vits. The problem with it is the way it is produced. Manufacturers of juices of all types will ruin it by reducing it for transportation and storeage. This is done by heating it to make it into a concentrate. The concentrate will be rehydrated by adding water when they want to sell it.

The only ACV of any use as a health aid is the one that is produced by cold pressing and left in it's pressed condition without messing about with it. Now that causes a problem because the pressed ACV is not all that easy to find. Honey is much the same because a lot of it is spoiled by the mixing process that the producers use to make up the stuff you see on the shelves on the Super Markets. The best honey is produced and bottled by the producer/beekeeper. If you try it, you will know the differance immeadiatly.

Most of the time the foodstuffs that are sold in the Supermarkets are awful because they are more concerned with making money than selling the best food. The meat is not hung, the fruit is bitter and ripened off the tree after refidgeration, and the vegitables are contaminated with sulphate of ammonia and weed killers. I think it is quite hard to find good wholesome food these days which includes ACV.

I have used it most days in my drinkers since racing finished and the birds look great and have had a very good moult. Not sure if it is stronger enough to race on but defo will use it during the winter again.

i used it every day as well just stopped for a week with just plain water then they will be back on it monday to friday with pro biotic at the weekends

I believe ACV to be a very good source of minerals and vits. The problem with it is the way it is produced. Manufacturers of juices of all types will ruin it by reducing it for transportation and storeage. This is done by heating it to make it into a concentrate. The concentrate will be rehydrated by adding water when they want to sell it.

The only ACV of any use as a health aid is the one that is produced by cold pressing and left in it's pressed condition without messing about with it. Now that causes a problem because the pressed ACV is not all that easy to find. Honey is much the same because a lot of it is spoiled by the mixing process that the producers use to make up the stuff you see on the shelves on the Super Markets. The best honey is produced and bottled by the producer/beekeeper. If you try it, you will know the differance immeadiatly.

Most of the time the foodstuffs that are sold in the Supermarkets are awful because they are more concerned with making money than selling the best food. The meat is not hung, the fruit is bitter and ripened off the tree after refidgeration, and the vegitables are contaminated with sulphate of ammonia and weed killers. I think it is quite hard to find good wholesome food these days which includes ACV.

great post 100% agree