Benzing Ets

PIGEON_MAN

Was reading with interest a letter in the BHW about ETS printouts the guy was saying the BENZING ETS prints out the arrival times with 10ths of a second showing ie 10.30.30.5,could someone verify this,if it is so then how do you enter the correct timing into your race result programme or does yours take 10ths of a second,as he says could be the differance to winning or losing a very fast race if rounding up or down is required.

Was reading with interest a letter in the BHW about ETS printouts the guy was saying the BENZING ETS prints out the arrival times with 10ths of a second showing ie 10.30.30.5,could someone verify this,if it is so then how do you enter the correct timing into your race result programme or does yours take 10ths of a second,as he says could be the differance to winning or losing a very fast race if rounding up or down is required.

Yes, interesting one as RPRA rule states no rounding up permitted in the calculation.

The problem is with the result software,, they do not allow you to add tenths,, but bricon,,unikon do not show tenths,,

benzing do show tenths but the G2 does not even show the race point,, I think all ets systems should have the race point printed out as a rule.. to write a race point onto a maarking sheet is wrong,, what happens if you write the wrong one down or forget to write it in,,

ant

How did the G2 get approved then as rule 238 says that the competitors name,loft number,date and race point must be printed on the race entry form,also if people are rounding up or down the 10ths to the next second then this is also against RPRA rules,would be interested to hear what people or club secs have to say about the BENZING G2.

If that is so then the system doesnt comply with RPRA rule 238,your club should not have excepted this clock.

Well i canny make it do it!!! The clock was the first on the go 5 Years ago so probs the new tauris does. Been writing it in without complaint from anybody as yet and to be honest i cant see wot problems could arise with the name of the race in ink.

Well i canny make it do it!!! The clock was the first on the go 5 Years ago so probs the new tauris does. Been writing it in without complaint from anybody as yet and to be honest i cant see wot problems could arise with the name of the race in ink.

Perhaps Scottish rules are differant,problems never seem to arise until someone as a good pigeon in a national race or something like that then people moan when they get disqualified.

i think its good that we can time on in tenths of a second and all ets companies should follow benzings lead -and its time that they printed out GPS location-----part of the promotion of one ets company was that it would be available as an upgrade never heard of it being available.

never mind rounding up or down either use it or ask benzing to put out an upgrade to cancel tenths off or get unions to make other ets systems upgrade to print tenths out.

you can't round times up or down,, the time given is the second the bird was clocked,,

I run benzing for my club and we have the M1 ,, this clock does the race point,, the G2 only prints race 1, race 2 and so on,, what happens when you get to race 15 of the season,,

ets should only show the second clocked,, benzing do show the decimal but we have a couple of benzing M1 clocks whish gain upto 5 seconds for a long race that should never happen also..

ant

i think its good that we can time on in tenths of a second and all ets companies should follow benzings lead -and its time that they printed out GPS location-----part of the promotion of one ets company was that it would be available as an upgrade never heard of it being available.

never mind rounding up or down either use it or ask benzing to put out an upgrade to cancel tenths off or get unions to make other ets systems upgrade to print tenths out.

You might be interested in this information reguarding the tenths of a second I have found out it says,DO NOT use the digit (ie tenths)when calculating the pigeons velocity,this is disreguarded,velocities can only be calculated using hours,mins and seconds,so I think this answears the guys letter in the BHW.

you can't round times up or down,, the time given is the second the bird was clocked,,

I run benzing for my club and we have the M1 ,, this clock does the race point,, the G2 only prints race 1, race 2 and so on,, what happens when you get to race 15 of the season,,

ets should only show the second clocked,, benzing do show the decimal but we have a couple of benzing M1 clocks whish gain upto 5 seconds for a long race that should never happen also..

ant

5 seconds thats a lot is it not? I must admit I thought that was near impossible wae ETS

ant

5 seconds thats a lot is it not? I must admit I thought that was near impossible wae ETS

I have heard of clubs that allways put there ets clocks and T3s down as correct when working out velocities but believe me they do sometimes comes off a second or 2 fast or slow,never had a ets as much as 5 seconds though.

I have heard of clubs that allways put there ets clocks and T3s down as correct when working out velocities but believe me they do sometimes comes off a second or 2 fast or slow,never had a ets as much as 5 seconds though.

Had a second either way which makes nae difference. We set oor clocks wae a radio clock is that the same for most

I will say the 4 or 5 second difference is for races set on wednesday for a sat race,, but I have them here in front of me,, 3 seconds for a thursday set and a sunday read out,, the M1 is the most expensive system on the market but I will say it is all down to the weather,, the worst variation is on hot days..

ant

Had a second either way which makes nae difference. We set oor clocks wae a radio clock is that the same for most

Even a second can make a differance on a very fast close race,we set our ets clocks with a radio clock but they can still be fast or slow when chacking off.

Even a second can make a differance on a very fast close race,we set our ets clocks with a radio clock but they can still be fast or slow when chacking off.

Ye but the protion of that second that the sixtieths built into your velocity calculator,will let you have, on a very fast day then surely youd be better countin the tenths of seconds. Swings and roundabouts for me.