Snfc & Wing Stamping

Chris Little

Can someone please tell me the exact wording in the SNFC 2010 rule book regarding wingstamped birds, my rule book has went walkies.

Our youngbirds are wingstamped with our telephone number only, no name or address...... is this deemed as acceptable for entry in this weekend's race.

Cheers guys

think you have to smudge it

i would think it would not be acceptable chris

they say your bird in basket can be identified last year my birds had phine number rings on and was told that they had been removed and was handed them back but at the same marking station birds with ets rings with tel numbers on them went through when asked what the difrence was told the ets rings with number on them cant come off

can someone please explain why this is to me

i would have thought that the unions or feds would like members to have stray birds returned as quickly as possible and without having to go threw the unions or feds

jack doesnt have racers but everyone of his fantails are close ring rung with phone number rings like everyone who puts a phone number ring or wing stamped on a bird we do it in the hope of a bird going missing we get a phone call i honestly dont understand this ruling there could well be a very good reason for it hope someone can put me right

I yer youngun drops in at say Ecclefechan on the way tae Glasgow in a bit o a tough race or where returns are patchy. The wing is opened andthe phone number called owner drives the one hour wae the clock in his car and cranks the handle.

Think this wot the rule is for.

Obviously no self respectin fancier would do this and only stamps the wing so that he/she can have their bird returned quickly if lost but thats wot the rule is there to cover. In the modern day world of technology I could get a bird in and put its ring number on here or other forums and achieve the same thing with lesser odds of success.

I yer youngun drops in at say Ecclefechan on the way tae Glasgow in a bit o a tough race or where returns are patchy. The wing is opened andthe phone number called owner drives the one hour wae the clock in his car and cranks the handle.

Think this wot the rule is for.

Obviously no self respectin fancier would do this and only stamps the wing so that he/she can have their bird returned quickly if lost but thats wot the rule is there to cover. In the modern day world of technology I could get a bird in and put its ring number on here or other forums and achieve the same thing with lesser odds of success.

it happened on here last year in a snfc race someone in manchester put up a birds ring number within minutes he had the number of the owner the bird dropped in at 18.00 from the national race that day there was hardly a bird in scotland that night

i did check the result but the guy from up here was not on the result

they say your bird in basket can be identified last year my birds had phine number rings on and was told that they had been removed and was handed them back but at the same marking station birds with ets rings with tel numbers on them went through when asked what the difrence was told the ets rings with number on them cant come off

I have removed my phone number from the ets rings of the birds Iam sending to the national.

Birds with phone numbers still on the ets ring will have to be removed before the bird is marked.

Race rule 22 'birds stamped with owner's name & address will not be allowed to compete'. Glad subject was brought up, cos I thought it only applied to YBs. Mine are tel. number only, but we are told at YB race marking to delete these too. Bo'ness supplies a felt tipped pen for that purpose.

surely the tele numbers on the ETS rings are just stickers and come off easy, i have them