Kolr Cancellation

Ian McKay

I have taken the decision to cancel the Kingslea One Loft Race because of continual problems within the loft which seem never ending. This decision has not been made lightly but has to be made before I try and race the birds then all sorts of problems arise.

Everyone who was to participate will get a full refund.

This may seem to be a drastic step but I would rather do that than try to continue knowing something is not right. I am not blaming anyone or anything because I am in charge of the loft and birds. I have had them tested, droppings and throat swabs. Droppings came back clear but the cultures indicated a bacterial infection. Treatment has been given and the birds are flying well but I have lost confidence in them which leads me to this decision.

I know I have let all of you down but would rather do the right thing and return fees paid than try to blunder my way through racing which is questionable. Looking back on Old bird racing I have to question how long I have had the problem.

As regard the private syndicate, most of you who know me, will agree that I have had to think about this long and hard. My integrity is most important to me.

PB & KOLR is a syndicate which started for members and friends of Pigeon Basics which is the premier internet pigeon forum in the UK

All participants will get there fee returned if it has been paid. I will need PB members to PM me your address please.

The birds, as you can see from pictures on the website, look in great health but I know this not to be the case.

http://www.kingslea1loftrace.co.uk/

School Syndicates: The prize fund is quite safe in the treasurers account I have contacted 80 schools by E-mail, sent 80 letters and got very few replies which is disappointing

This money was raised by pigeon fanciers to promote our hobby and that is what it will be used for hopefully next year.

I have kept pigeons since 1972 and never been through a year like this. The most frustrating thing about it is not knowing what to do. I will get more testing done to see if I can pin point the problem but as racing starts on Saturday 24th July it will be too late to save KOLR for 2010.

I can only hope you understand my frustration but cannot / will not start to race because this starts the payouts and would be unfair if I could not complete the program.

Should things sort themselves out, I may race some birds but not until I know they are all OK.

Finally may I apologize to all concerned?

I will look very carefully at this turn of events and decide where I go from here.

Guest Davy Fleming

Hi Ian, One must surely have the greatest respect for anyone like yourself who tries to promote the sport like you have and then run up against problems like this and then come on the forum and admit what the problems are. Would say you are a credit to yourself and the sport in general for the honesty and integrity you have shown. But, and I don't use the word "but" lightly, as I think you may be just jumping the gun that wee bit as would think that this is a problem that can be sorted easily enough. Ian I may be wrong because I certainly don't know the severity of the problem. Would be prepared to discuss it with you if you like, to try and help. You can PM if you need any help. GOOD LUCK IAN on whatever you do mate

Well this was a surprisehttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif however I realy feel for you and all who help with the KOLR, As I am fully aware of the time, dedication and finance that you put into it. I AM ALSO OF THE MIND THAT I DO NOT WANT MY MONEY RETURNED, please put it to the cost of running the lofts, as it is unfair in my opinion that you will be financially out of pocket through no fault of your own, As stated already, it is typical of you to be honest and upfront with all those involved, but I expected nothing less from you Ianhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

Thinking of you m8http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

Brian

Guest Gareth Rankin

Shocked to see this has been cancelled Ian but given the circumstances I appreciate the stance you have taken, you have always used a professional approach when it comes to all sections of the KOLR venture whether that be birds health, promotion of the sport and securing the financial side of things.

All the best what ever the future brings with this venture.

I would just like to point out that i was under the impression that there was more than one race taking place from Ian's loft and used the £20 to identify which race/competition that i was asking about. I IN NO WAY INTENDED TO INSULT IAN OR QUESTION HIS INTEGRITY. I do hope this clears that up. ;)

I would just like to point out that i was under the impression that there was more than one race taking place from Ian's loft and used the £20 to identify which race/competition that i was asking about. I IN NO WAY INTENDED TO INSULT IAN OR QUESTION HIS INTEGRITY. I do hope this clears that up. ;)

Thanks John

There would have be 4 syndicate races going on at the same time with the same birds:

Syndicate one 40 Schools

Syndicate two 40 schools

The above money was raised by pigeon fanciers to promote pigeon racing this will still be the case but for 2011

The normal fanciers friends syndicate 55 entered funds will be returned

PB syndicate for the forum funds will be returned

As explained in the letter on the forum and on the website monies PAID WILL be returned

Ian

Guest Hjaltland

Hello Ian,

You can only take decisions based on what's in front of you. I have to say that over the years you have shown yourself to be a man with considerable conscience and integrity..:rolleyes:

I'd taken part in KOLR over the past two years and appreciated that this work is for good causes so I hope it can continue once the health problems are sorted.. that's animal work for you, there are no guarantees.

I hope you get to the root cause and we'll see you up and running next year. Well done for biting the bullet..

Cheers

Kenny

Well this was a surprise however I realy feel for you and all who help with the KOLR, As I am fully aware of the time, dedication and finance that you put into it. I AM ALSO OF THE MIND THAT I DO NOT WANT MY MONEY RETURNED, please put it to the cost of running the lofts, as it is unfair in my opinion that you will be financially out of pocket through no fault of your own, As stated already, it is typical of you to be honest and upfront with all those involved, but I expected nothing less from you Ian

Thinking of you m8

Brian

Thanks Sapper

Will be in touch with you

Ian

Hi Ian, One must surely have the greatest respect for anyone like yourself who tries to promote the sport like you have and then run up against problems like this and then come on the forum and admit what the problems are. Would say you are a credit to yourself and the sport in general for the honesty and integrity you have shown. But, and I don't use the word "but" lightly, as I think you may be just jumping the gun that wee bit as would think that this is a problem that can be sorted easily enough. Ian I may be wrong because I certainly don't know the severity of the problem. Would be prepared to discuss it with you if you like, to try and help. You can PM if you need any help. GOOD LUCK IAN on whatever you do mate

I have sent you a PM Davy

Ian

Hello Ian,

You can only take decisions based on what's in front of you. I have to say that over the years you have shown yourself to be a man with considerable conscience and integrity..:rolleyes:

I'd taken part in KOLR over the past two years and appreciated that this work is for good causes so I hope it can continue once the health problems are sorted.. that's animal work for you, there are no guarantees.

I hope you get to the root cause and we'll see you up and running next year. Well done for biting the bullet..

Cheers

Kenny

Cheers Kenny it will be up and running next year

Ian

its one of those hazzards in pigeons, but what you have just done Ian shows your dedication to the cause, and that what ever you do must be done to top standards, you are a AMBASSADOR to the sport m8, like sapper I would like to see any refund to me going towards the cost of testing birds or something m8,

Well this was a surprise however I realy feel for you and all who help with the KOLR, As I am fully aware of the time, dedication and finance that you put into it. I AM ALSO OF THE MIND THAT I DO NOT WANT MY MONEY RETURNED, please put it to the cost of running the lofts, as it is unfair in my opinion that you will be financially out of pocket through no fault of your own, As stated already, it is typical of you to be honest and upfront with all those involved, but I expected nothing less from you Ian

Thinking of you m8

Brian

I agree entirely with your sentiment Brian.

I supported uptill - gave donations etc. and sponsored upto this coming season. Unforetunately other expenses took precedent. But I can honestly say hand on heart I would also say to Ian as Brian,'Cover your' losses and put the rest where you deem it will do most good'.

Then if some dosh, still got to some good causes then that would be an added bonus. - Knowing Ian, the hard work and endeavour he has put into these ventures, I feel he will feel mostly bad for these cause that will miss out. Granted he will feel for those that have put their hand in their pockets, but mainly moreso for the causes. JMO. I remember well Albear stating the same when the P.O.B folded regards his sale. 'Roly, haven't missed any money, so put it the HELP the Hero's' fund. A great gesture, a great man that is sorely missed via me on here incidently. Likewise Brian, I am proud of you a true sport and gent.

Ian

I'm gutted for you mate as I know how much this excellent venture means to you. :(

However, well done for recognising you've got a problem and for biting the bullet, a decision I know you must have dwelled over and one that hasn't been taken lightly.

Your integrity and respect has only been further strengthened, as already stated.... you're an abassador to our sport, not enough of your type knocking around.

I am sure you will bounce back in 2011 ;)

Will keep a close eye on your spy this week :D:D

Thinking of you m8

Brian

I agree entirely with your sentiment Brian.

I supported uptill - gave donations etc. and sponsored upto this coming season. Unforetunately other expenses took precedent. But I can honestly say hand on heart I would also say to Ian as Brian,'Cover your' losses and put the rest where you deem it will do most good'.

Then if some dosh, still got to some good causes then that would be an added bonus. - Knowing Ian, the hard work and endeavour he has put into these ventures, I feel he will feel mostly bad for these cause that will miss out. Granted he will feel for those that have put their hand in their pockets, but mainly moreso for the causes. JMO. I remember well Albear stating the same when the P.O.B folded regards his sale. 'Roly, haven't missed any money, so put it the HELP the Hero's' fund. A great gesture, a great man that is sorely missed via me on here incidently. Likewise Brian, I am proud of you a true sport and gent.

Thanks for the kind words

NO charities will lose out No schools will lose out it just moves on to 2011

My losses are negligable

Testing is sponsored bt Med Vit

All food is sponsored by an EX Fancier

Harkers sponsored the Hormoform. I will pay for this for 2011

Cranswick gave me 10 bags. I will pay for this for 2011

I will NOT be taking or keeping any money from the race

Finances as you can see from the bank statement are not an issue my pride is hurt more than anything else

I must also consider my club mates and cannot race till I get the sorted

Ian

I'm gutted for you mate as I know how much this excellent venture means to you. :(

However, well done for recognising you've got a problem and for biting the bullet, a decision I know you must have dwelled over and one that hasn't been taken lightly.

Your integrity and respect has only been further strengthened, as already stated.... you're an abassador to our sport, not enough of your type knocking around.

I am sure you will bounce back in 2011 ;)

Will keep a close eye on your spy this week :D:D

Thanks Chris

The decision was mine and mine alone I consulted all who help and they said it was correct for the birds,paying customers and Schools

Will move on to next year no problem

Watch the spy I gave him a big basket :D :D :D :D :D

Cheers

Ian

WELL DONE IAN ON BEING SO TRUTHFULL AND UPFRONT ABOUT WHAT HAS HAPPENED WITHIN THE LOFT GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE ALL THE DOOS ARE OK MATE ;)

ALL THE BEST AND GOOD LUCK.....ALAN

[/quote

Thanks Alan

More bad news cannot get testing done for another 7 days that makes results at least 9 days for droppings and 11 days for cultures

Ian