Welcome Back

Guest TAMMY_1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE NEW SET UP ,THINK ITS NAFF , TO HARD TO FIND THINGS ON IT AND TO MUCH LIKE PIGEON CHAT SET UP WHICH I HATE WITH A PASSION ,

YOU CANT SEE THE NEW POSTS ON SUBJECTS COMMING UP ON SCREEN LIKE YOU DID BEFORE , YOU HAVE TO SCRATCH ABOUT LOOKING FOR THINGS .

IS IT GOING BACK TO THE OLD FORMAT OR IS IT STAYING LIKE THIS ON DOT ORG .

0 OUT OF 10 FROM ME , DONT THINK WILL BE USING IT MUCH NOW

CANT EVEN WORKTHE PM, NOW :angry::angry: :angry:ALSO THE NEW SETTINGS ARE TO BIG FOR MY COMPUTER SCREEN ONLY GET HALF THE PAGE WIDTH ON THE SCREEN ;);)

give it a chance lol there are a few ways of viewing the forum the one i use is view new content top right corner best suits me also think its very similar to the portal view on the old syle basics

the pm system i think is a major plus to send a pm just click on the members profile and on the left hand side under where the members photo is u will see a few options

press send message and its pretty easy from there ;)

on the new settings being to big for your screen not to sure on that one but im sure someone will be able to help ;)

one thing im finding awkward is the members names keep jumping around

on the members online list at the page bottom

is it going to be set to come up in alphabetical order like to old site

then you can tell at a glance if the member you wish to contact is online or not

missed the site but why change if its not broken...............

Clearly the old format was broken it kept on crashing , pm system kept going down and members were loosing all there posts , which was frustrating for both users and Admin :)

WELL NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE NEW SET UP ,THINK ITS NAFF , TO HARD TO FIND THINGS ON IT AND TO MUCH LIKE PIGEON CHAT SET UP WHICH I HATE WITH A PASSION ,

YOU CANT SEE THE NEW POSTS ON SUBJECTS COMMING UP ON SCREEN LIKE YOU DID BEFORE , YOU HAVE TO SCRATCH ABOUT LOOKING FOR THINGS .

CANT EVEN WORKTHE PM, NOW :angry::angry: :angry:ALSO THE NEW SETTINGS ARE TO BIG FOR MY COMPUTER SCREEN ONLY GET HALF THE PAGE WIDTH ON THE SCREEN ;);)

After a few days you'l find your way round no problem ;) 3 options to find recent activity and view new content at top right hand side and last 24 hours just above users online , you can check read on a board and can clearly see if read new posts ectra , give it time and you'l get used to it , i call it new shoe syndrome look good seem nice but uncomfortable till broken in ;) a few days you'l see the benifits :)

stop moaning lol

The Portal setup is different.

The Portal is now based on newest TOPICS.

For a similar drill-down of new posts to the old forum, hit the "View New Content" link which is just under the search box on the right.

We're using the .org for a couple of weeks while the rest of the site is moved onto the new server. Once that's complete we'll be using .com again - and staying that way :)

The settings and PMs do work a little differently, hopefully with a little practice they'll become as familiar as before.

Do you know your screen resolution? - for me to check the settings page widths.

Guest llcoolj

Hi Guys, what a relief. I was in the verge of commiting suicide. The worlds best pigeon fancier site is back. ;) This might take some time to figure out what is where.

Thank you all at PB, for making sure we have a smooth operation in using this wonderful site.

All the best to each one of you. CIAO