I THINK WE WILL CALL IT A DAY

Guest WINGS 04

IS IT BECAUSE OF THE LOSSES ETC, AS WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT, AND GET PUT DOWN, JUST THINK WHAT WOULD U DO WITH UR TIME, I OFTEN THINK THE SAME BUT THEN I SAY WHAT WOULD I DO, MAYBE U ARE IN A DIFFERENT SITUATION AS I AM RETUIRED, HAVE A FEW DAYS TO THINK ABOUT IT THINGS ALWAYS GET BETTER WITH TIME, SORRY ABOUT UR MOTHER,

Sorry to hear that bud. Try and keep your chin up. Been there , know how you feel but it will get better. May not seem like it now but try and keep your pigeons as they will help occupy your time a little.

Guest TAMMY_1

ARE YOU CUCKOO ? YOU HAVE FLOWN THE BEST ALL YEAR IN YOUR CLUB HARDLY EVER OUT THE FIRST THREE. TAKE AN ASPRIN GO TO BED EARLY[ LEAVE THE GINGER ALONE] AND YOU'LL FEEL BETTER IN THE MORNING RAB PLUS YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT WRITES TO ME ALL THE TIME. GIVE YOURSELF A SHAKE MAN AND WAIT FOR THE DOOS THE MORN

sorry to hear about your mum but the days do get better in time i lost my dad when i was 10 years of age and that was when my uncle got me into pigeon racing and for some reason they help with the pain then 2 year later i lost my mum and again the pigeons help with the pain, it just something about the birds they help with the pain my mum loved our feather friends, you got to look at it in the way that your mum will always be deep in your heart with you every day of your live. just give it time and from what ive read on the forum you have had a good old bird season so next year aim higher and every fancier get losage bests of wishes on what you decide and im 34 years of age now                    

i know things have been extremely tough for you, but please think about it carefully, the way youve been flying in the last few years have been fantastic,,, please wings we dont want you to go,i know how youve been feeling, and its not a nice feeling , but if you keep going the way youve been going, im pretty sure you would be hitting the nationals next,,,,,,and beleive me if you pack up youll miss them,,,,keep going pal things will improve and youll make it,

RAB I HAVE BEEN THROUGH WHAT YOU ARE GOING THRUOGH AND AT TIMES FELT THE SAME BUT TO BE HONEST IT WAS THE BIRDS THAT HELPED ME THROUGH BECAUSE I HAD SOMEWERE TO GO AND BE ON MY OWN WHEN NEED BE. DONT BE TO QUICK MATE I HAVE SEEN YOUR SET UP AND YOUR BIRDS A VERY NICE TEAM OF BIRDS TO. KEEP THE CHIN UP MATE AND STICK IN WITH THE BIRDS THEY NEED YOU AND I THINK YOU WILL FIND YOU NEED THEM GOOD LUCK MATE AND ALL THE BEST.

hi mate sorry to hear that but let me tell u my mum passed away 2 weeks ao 2 day and the fact of getting into this sport soon and the people on the forum id be f____d and all my family so dont make any drastic desisions untill u are ready would yur mum want u 2 give up something u love so much all the best

irish paul

hi wings

sorry to hear of your mum mate

i to have been told my mum has not got much time as well and just a few weeks ago she was cleaning the loft for me too

now shes just happy sitting looking out the window from her bed

keep the head you might regret giving them up so think long and hard  give yourself some time

good luck keep strong

rab is one of the most helpfull guys on this forum i met him at blackpool when i was starting up a true gent,im sure your club mates would miss you,we all would.

i am sorry to hear about your mom,my mother died recently so i no what your going through.

but i agree with paul ,would your mother want you to pack up a sport which she saw you have such fun and enjoyment,take time and think it through mate

all the best

Well have had two great mates and flyers that chose that same cause. Both though when one was a daughter, the other a grand daughter. Both helped and stayed around the lofys with their Tutors. Both felt it was a constant reminder. Oe has built a shrine like seat in front of the loft, and just kept her favourites.

But I feel my mum would wish me to carry one enjoying and live me life and get the enjoyment. Not till after the grieving is over granted.

Jim's wife - another fancier - wie often wanted Jim to pack up, but he couldn't. Whe she passed on he gave them up instantly...

Time hurts as it heals, just hope you get the strength soon to carry on, and hopefully with the fond memories of your mum a part of your hobby.

I wish you well.

I'm really sorry to hear about your mum Wings.  You know, they do say that you should not make any big decisions or changes for a year after a bereavement.  Although you may  be 'going through the motions' at the moment, you may well find, as time passes, that once again you begin to enjoy the birds  Think carefully, don't be hasty.

Thinking of you.

Sue :K)

Sorry to hear about your loss.

No matter how expected this sad event is, its always a shock when it does happen.

My mum died aged 52 in 1982. Took me a long time - 20 years - before I could even go back to visit her grave in Bothwell Park Cemetary, Viewpark, Lanarkshire. Started pigeons later same year, 2002, after a 30 years gap.

Although this is a tuff time for you, try to celebrate your mum's life.

She will be with you for the remainder of yours, so don't mark her passing with another sad ending - don't give up the birds.