ETS   Time penalties

Pompey Mick

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at a recent open race one fancier had a bird which for some reason did not registar,instead of re-registering the bird as you could do he got it rubbered twice and got his stb set the following day,thinking about it later i thought what a good way to make sure you clocked in should i loose the power,so it makes sense in open races i think to be prepared  and thats what i did last week,got my stb set just in case.never had any problems with my ets just a fear the power might fail?.

Rose ,That is not correct regarding the the Race rubbers in Belgium

You only have to time in One Rubber within 5 minutes of clocking with the ETS

If you use an Conventional Clock you time in Both Rubbers but for what reason they are Duplicates,

We take the second Rubber to the Club house and give it to the Clock Person, When we verify a pigeon and international means every bird, we give the wing mark, Rubber Number, or Gummi, as it is known over here and the time of Clocking

In Holland for there National Races in conjuntion with the International Races, they have to clock in Both Race Rubbers, that is why He was 2nd Dutch National Pau and  1st International Pau The International Rules the Man was correct he did everything right for the International Win

Steve

at a recent open race one fancier had a bird which for some reason did not registar,instead of re-registering the bird as you could do he got it rubbered twice and got his stb set the following day,thinking about it later i thought what a good way to make sure you clocked in should i loose the power,so it makes sense in open races i think to be prepared  and thats what i did last week,got my stb set just in case.never had any problems with my ets just a fear the power might fail?.

Only one problem with that Alex and that is in Scotland the SHU rules state only one clock can be used in a race. You can set Two at the National but have to state which is your first clock and the spare can only be used if your firsrt clock fails.

Was a time when it was allegded a Garage Door on remote caused a ET Clock to gain or lose a minute via clicking up or down ... I personally don't believe that. Sure there was and were no doubt teething problems, but I reckon mostly they are about fool prove. Yes if quick a slight of hand worked (works) and dead birds have won in that scenario.... but that is long gone, and again that is down to the Marking station to get that right.

The only thing that i can say about the ETS system we have is That it has never let us down,

It has helped me a lot once you start getting older you are not so fast at catching a pigeon anyway and there must be some Oldsters besides me posting on this forum they would know,

My brother has had Metal Plates in his Right leg from the Hip to the knee now for 17 years, they can never be taken out, the leg from the knee to the foot he has no feeling or very little so he is slowed down. I have a nerve problem in my right wrist, and i can be carrying a bucket of pigeon corn and the next second it is on the ground it just drops of of the hand, Same with pigeons i have held a pigeon in the right hand, the next second it it gone No warning it just happens, so i for one am glad of the ETS, i find it more relaxing for both the pigeon and us, But everyone to there own choice

Steve

Agree with the above Expat! and that has never been a cause or an issue with me, I am all for the ET! But the simple realiy that I find the Pro ET brigade are keen on, are protecting any and every second advantage. Or simply not willing to state that 'Good part' about the ET. It comes as a package surely, and those, be it through their lofts being a precarious location, or the cost, especially with the younger generation and their out lays, are being penalised because they can'e enjoy the same merits that the ET affords others, so again I say I will have one if the lub etc. penalise me 15 seconds or so on my first arriva, and 5 seconds on each after.

Agree with the above Expat! and that has never been a cause or an issue with me, I am all for the ET! But the simple realiy that I find the Pro ET brigade are keen on, are protecting any and every second advantage. Or simply not willing to state that 'Good part' about the ET. It comes as a package surely, and those, be it through their lofts being a precarious location, or the cost, especially with the younger generation and their out lays, are being penalised because they can'e enjoy the same merits that the ET affords others, so again I say I will have one if the lub etc. penalise me 15 seconds or so on my first arriva, and 5 seconds on each after. Because I am a realist and a fair minded sportsman! Besides I would, don't want any unfair advantage like ...

Roland,

Can you please tell me where 'fair' starts., Is it the size of you loft,should big lofts be penalised 10 secs a foot to keep us on a fairer footing? Should we put constraints on the number of pigeons kept and the size of the stock loft say an extra 5 secs for every pigeon entered over 10 birds  How  much should we be allowed to buy pigeons for, the phrase 'not afraid to put his hand in his pocket' springs to mind, 10 secs for every £500 spent. How about training, 20 secs for every toss a week perhaps. What about the workers, I am away from my birds for up to twelve hours a day, I am up against flyers with unlimited time and fat wallets, I reckon I should get 10 mins a race.

ETS is just another facet of pigeon racing which can depend on your financial ability as do an awful lot of the others. No-one is disputing that birds will be clocked quicker with ETS, but they are still only getting what they are entitled to, it does not make your birds fly faster. It has been stated time and time again that pigeon racing is not 'fair' and fairness is just not an issue when you talk of these systems.

You join the sport and take your chances  when i was young we moved our pigeons in the same town 8 times on other peoples properties just to be able to keep pigeons, as soon as we got settled and the birds started to win a prize or two we had to find somewhere else, but it was the love of pigeons which kept us looking for a place to put a loft, In the end an old fancier took pity on us and we became settled for a few years until he died, then we had to get the birds out in a week, So Frank Hall in London sold them for us we took them to him and he looked after them until the sale. Philip lived inone room i lived at home so the house run down as it was I said we must buy it but with what So i sold my van Hocked my Medals won in Karate competitions to the Pawn broker sold the pigeons and everything else i could get a pound for . We had 5 weeks to get a morgage and a deposit of 2.500 pounds this is 1977, We did it and i was in hospital at the time the solicitor came in and said the house was ours, I had injured myself in a lesson but there was no pain when i heard that news, We dug out the ground round the house by hand with two shovels and filled up two big lorries of muck to drop the ground level before putting in a damp course, The interest Rate was 12.4% rising later to 15.4 % but we got by.

all because of Pigeons, what is this letter about. it is a about deterimation and will power, without those two things none of us can survive, All these new things like ETS is a little perk but none of these things matter or counts for anything really

nothing  cannot be better than the feeling of euporia you get when a pigeon drops in after flying all day in a long race and you here the ding of the ETS or click of the T3 as you time it in, that is how it felt when he came from the  Barcelona International

Steve

Pompey Mick and Co, what is fair... and what is not! What just chalks up more fanciers leaving through short sight and selfish motives, Now that is very unfair, ... to the rest of us that have increased prices to make up for the ones leaving through being unfair! Isn't it about time that ppl woke up and smelt the coffee, that is the very attitude that has caused so many to leave our sport!

And all the selfish ones can say is something silly like'They would have left anyway'! and 'If it was for that reason it would be for another' ... so isn't it about time those that have, that thing most are there just to bolster their coffers, took a step backwards and looked in the mirror. For sure as eggs are eggs, those winning will still win so why BEING SELFISH AND STRNGLE THE VERY LIFE BLOOD OF OUR SO CALLED SPORT, AGAIN THE GRAS ROOTS.

Roland,

Can you please tell me where 'fair' starts., Is it the size of you loft,should big lofts be penalised 10 secs a foot to keep us on a fairer footing? Should we put constraints on the number of pigeons kept and the size of the stock loft say an extra 5 secs for every pigeon entered over 10 birds  How  much should we be allowed to buy pigeons for, the phrase 'not afraid to put his hand in his pocket' springs to mind, 10 secs for every £500 spent. How about training, 20 secs for every toss a week perhaps. What about the workers, I am away from my birds for up to twelve hours a day, I am up against flyers with unlimited time and fat wallets, I reckon I should get 10 mins a race.

ETS is just another facet of pigeon racing which can depend on your financial ability as do an awful lot of the others. No-one is disputing that birds will be clocked quicker with ETS, but they are still only getting what they are entitled to, it does not make your birds fly faster. It has been stated time and time again that pigeon racing is not 'fair' and fairness is just not an issue when you talk of these systems.

Talk about jumping through hoops to try and justify something! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pigeons will not be clocked quicker by ETS if they do not walk over the Antenna , no more will they be clockedi f they miss the open door etc

Meaning that you have to get the pigeon in the correct place on the loft or in the loft to clock

Life is nor Fair, but Life is what you make it

Take my next door Neighbours The Husband has a New BMW coupe

The Wife a NEW 4+4, every week they get a fellow come to the house to Valet the Cars

They have Three Kids and they Have four Holidays abroad a year,

My Brother and myself Never have a hoiiday away, Not for 20 years. We clean the car if needed

The difference in the style of living of two Families 50 m apart, and this is a general thing in life, None of it matters well not to us,

If we want something we put a little by when we can and when we can pay for it we buy it. But we are as Happy as those people up the road who are well off and we do not envy them at all

My guess is most Fanciers who cannot afford to buy an ETS has a few Drinks at the Club and possibly more other nights

Well there is the ETS cxclock waiting for them in a bout one year or less they can buy one, Race mark your birds have one drink , go home and put the rest you would have downed your throat into a jar

But how many have the willpower to do this, very few can disapline themselves to do such a thing, SO' what do they do Carry on drinking with there mates and moan I cannot afford to buy an ETS system

I'm not trying to justify anything, just pointing out that cost is not a reason or excuse for penalising anyone or anything.

If you are a competitive pigeon fancier and something comes onto the market that will increase your chances of winning, be it pills, potions ,pigeons or clocking systems, (the last one was the T3 and its thimble holder)you will do your best to obtain it.

As for ETS, I will not buy one, I am happy with the T3 and open door, but I will race against ETS systems without crying my eyes out. That said,  I will have one if its by courtesy of a grant, I'd be a fool not to, and so would every member of the anti-ETS brigade.

Well the radar police here just sent me a ticket for one of my birds speeding down the Freeway. I knew it was coming as when the bird clocked it there was a message stating it had been clocked doing 65 in a 55 mile per hour zone. I was glad for the speed,but not thatthe band could be traced to my ETS system. I will have to ask if they could come over and help me clock on race day as I have 6 docking jacks that can be used. If you all think this is true I can sell you some sunny weather in a can you can open on race days  :P