jimmy hamilton

rembrant2coo

vi,m very to pass on this message MR JAMES HAMILTON FROM  (NANS PRIDE )FAMEhas passed away this morning at the age of 87  88 on march the 1st jimmy will be remembered for all the right reasons 1st class  pigeon man and 1st class administrator to the sport of racing pigeons and wel ken  face the fancy will be at a great loss without him .      god rest you auld ain i,m shedding a few tears for you mate .

I was sick to my stomach when I was told the news of Jimmy's death.

Jimmy was a complete one off. I will miss his chat at sales and functions and on the phone. He was quick to pick up the phone to encourage you if you had been fortunate enough to get "a good one from the national"  and during our chat would invariably tell "me" how a certain pigeon of his had been prepared before it "scored" from the distance and give freely of his ideas and methods.

This is all to sudden and shocking for "me" especially when I hear he was in such great "form" just last weekend.

Jimmy was a great pigeon man, a great pigeon official and a great pigeon orator, but more than anything he was quite simply a great man.

He is a great loss to not only the Scottish fancy but to the whole of "Pigeondom" as he liked to call it.

I will miss him.