LONGEST RACE

Guest TAMMY_1

Guest TAMMY_1

What is the longest race members have competed in , and has either won it or timed in from ?

longest I have been at is Falaise last year just over 500 miles, never won it right enough but felt good to time in from

Guest NUMA

saintes 2005  490 miles first time i sent to this race point, won the race and was clear of the next bird in the club by 70 mins. to say i was pleased would be an understatement, good fed position to. i'm sending the same bird back for another go this season.

sent a bird to maidstone got it at 22.00  race was over though at 19.00 but again i was well pleased

flying with my dad  got a few from nantes 600  miles bit of a buzz getting one from over the water  with the snfc in the good old days

Sent to bourges 7 times which is 550miles to my loft. Won it 2 times and was 2nd 3times, always on the 2nd day though, normally early morning. Just need that extra special pigeon to make it on the day me thinks, as mine generally come back fresh enough tp have made it on the day.

HERE IN SOUTH AFRICA MATJIESFONTEIN IS THE LONGEST RACE FOR THE FANCIERS STAYING UP NORTH - 1056 KM.  LAST YEAR I HAVE FLOWN THIS RACE AND BASKETED 10 BIRDS - 7 PIGEONS CLOCKED - 7 PLACES IN CLUB AND 5 IN FED. CLUB POSITIONS WAS 4, 12,13,14,15,20,24 OUT OF 30 PLACES.  THE BIRDS HAVE BEEN LIBERATED ON THE SAT AT 06:45 AND THE WINNING BIRD WAS CLOCKED AT 07:10 SUNDAY MORNING.  SELDOM THAT WE RECEIVED BIRDS BACK THE SAME DAY DUE TO HOT WEATHER IN THE LATER PART OF THE RACING SEASON.

Geordie fantastic, well done.

Ian I think we have diluted a lot of the ols british birds. They were built for stmina to last the distance. I do not believe that the continental birds we have brought in have the same characteristics. When I look at the eyes of these pigeons, they suggest to me that they are excellent at 15/16 hrs at vel of 1100/1200, but when it comes to down to 700/800 yd a minute which is what it takes coming into the SW/W wind for a top top bird at 600/700 mile, I don't think they can do it.

I have a feeling Chris Gordon is nailing it by crossing the Busschaert into the old English strains, he's just giving them that extra pep but still with the capability of flying all day and up the next morning.

Just a thought on my part I have not seen any Scottish distance birds so haven't got a clue of their capability and of course I would assert that I would be able to judge the distance and velocity they could perform at, but that is a statement not a challenge, if you think I'm talking through me backside, not a problem.

the best thrill of the lot that gets the adrenalin going is timing a bird from 400,500 mile the ultimate in pigeon racing and what pigeon racing is all a bout succeded a few times timed a yearling hen from lille in france at 1 minute past nine at night to be 40 open great feeling  ;D ;D ;D even better feeling when her mother was timed in from rennes snfc 28 sec 200 th odd open  ;D ;D ;D ;Dthat being the longest  :D :D :D

Best was a YB flying Thurso 1989. Bred in June, sent three just under the 500 miles. Was 1st and second bird in the fedand nigh the Midlands...  No didn't win it, but the third came  home on Xmas Day... Been a day early might not have had Rook Pie for Xmas dinner lol.

What is the longest race members have competed in , and has either won it or timed in from ?

longest I have been at is Falaise last year just over 500 miles, never won it right enough but felt good to time in from

Rennes only up to fed level right enough you couldnae dae any better where I live!

Don't need no edivence here mucker, no need to tel me fibs, ... I ain't your wife ...

Besides why should anyone doubt you!!!!

what are you on about?