what distance

How far do you fly yearlings.And is a channel race into scotland to far

personally maidstone is the furthest a would give them and then again only the ones that have not proved them selves as young birds or yearlings upto that point

For the past 3 years i have sent every old doo left in the loft that is ok health wise and feather wise to Maidstone ( 362mls ) but i may change that this year as i have a few good sprinters that were brought in last season

most of my yearlings go to maidstone, have sent an odd one when we had the fed 500 miles race, was 2nd fed with a yearling timed at 8.44pm on the night beaten  by 4 mins. (remember that eddie 2 ;))

I was going to send my yearlings to the lanarkshire fed channel race.but after some consideration, all going well will either be going to maidstone with fed or arras with snrpc.

would be more adventageous i think to send your yearlings to falaise lanark fed & snfc with a strong entry from the west section,probably less birds from the west at arras snrpc. :) :) :)

would be more adventageous i think to send your yearlings to falaise lanark fed & snfc with a strong entry from the west section,probably less birds from the west at arras snrpc. :) :) :)

was going with fed because of big birdage into one area,have changed my mind because we are going with the snfc .and if i want to risk my yearlings in national race will go with my own national to arras if not will only go to maidstone all going well.big decision will have to see.

if you send them to maidstone you will be going yourself as we are going to wincanton for our last race thought yi would no that vincent

No that now cheers wincanton it may well be then

Guest Gareth Rankin

Would have to agree with Redandyellow if you are going to send a team of yearlings to the channel flying back into the west of Scotland it be advantageous to send them with the federation were there would be a large entry from the one area competing back to.

In the past we used to have 5 races from 500+ miles to accommodate this we use to send 2 year olds + to the SNFC races from France and send yearlings to the fed race in which they done reasonably well in performance and return's as well this then stood these yearlings in good stead as 2 year olds.

Cheers

All my yearlings go to the coast if possible.I only send yearlings or 2yr old latebreds to these races as my national candidates are usually stopped at 260 mls before the big event.I won 1st open West Coast Combine Sartilly 510mls with a yearling flying 15 and a half hours on the wing into a north wind.They are well capable if bred and prepared right.

arras at 460 would seem like the better option if the coast is not avaiable with your fed. weather and wind will play much more of a part than birdage. jim benvie won the the shorter of the snrpc races two years ago with a yearling. stuart mullan timed a yearling and topped the west area and was well up the open result in the same race. jim benvies pigeon completed the double this year when he wonthe Gold Medal Reims race with the snrpc.