why bid for birds and not pay ?

clyde

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bakes
why do some folks bid for birds on this site and dont pay for them ?

dont no mate proberly to try to get someone else to pay more for them if you cant afford the birds why bid on them some think ive never understud  :(

Guest bigda

trying to inflate the  value , or wanting some one to pay more,  or they  havent 2 happennys to rub together,  and  have a illness  or a  want  with them   ??)

dont no mate proberly to try to get someone else to pay more for them if you cant afford the birds why bid on them some think ive never understud  :(

you see it all the time bakes men bidding to raise the price was at clearance sale in cockfield a little village near us this blokes m8 was sat sat in the corner when this hen came up he kept bidding cos this clown in the room said he'd go upto £1200 and thats exactly what it went for

why do some folks bid for birds on this site and dont pay for them ?

A think some people want others to think they have money when they have nowt, but its a disgrace that people bid and get what they are bidding on and cant pay for them at the end.  :-/ People like that who get the birds on a final bid and dont pay at the end, should be banned from bidding for any other birds for 3 months. JMO but i hope something gets done to stop this in the future,  ;)

A think some people want others to think they have money when they have nowt, but its a disgrace that people bid and get what they are bidding on and cant pay for them at the end.  :-/ People like that who get the birds on a final bid and dont pay at the end, should be banned from bidding for any other birds for 3 months. JMO but i hope something gets done to stop this in the future,  ;)

too right

it would be interesting to know how many didnt pay bidding on last day i think the heros sale went on far to long some people has money one week a few bets on the nags what happens nothing for the doo sale [ try having a sale friday sat sun long enough if advertised for a week previous only a suggestion cheers ]

Should be banned from the site.

Guest lenwadebob

I think we have a duel problem on here, Firstly newbies coming on, bidding and then disappearing, so banning them wouldn't serve a purpose. Secondly IF there was a rule in place to ban established members from bidding on future sales/auctions if they default, and also name and shame, it may make people stop and think before bidding without intention to buy.

never going to buy at these auctions again better to make a donation,

never say never as you have bought from them and paid promptly. in both sales i have done. you might get a couple of cracking yb,s.then the next time you see them for sale it might be one of the charity ones on hear. so please don,t let the time wasters take away your chance of helping a good cause and hopefully getting a couple of good yb,s in return . ;)

i think Cemetary and LenwadeBob, have a combination of the right and a fair answer . new members to have at least 2oo posts before able to bid , and if established and do not pay a 3 month ban on future sales ,do it twice and a complete ban on sales ?? what do you think?? .   andy.

yip thats fair

I don't think makeing new members post 200 time etc before they can bid is needed if they are verified genuine when they register.

Admin need to be far more on the ball when there is an influx of applicants during a sale. I had a few people ring with phone bids that tried to register and never received any acknowledgement, I even pm'd Fifer myself with no reply!

If members don't pay then permenant ban from bidding, whats the point of 3 months?

JMO

i think Cemetary and LenwadeBob, have a combination of the right and a fair answer . new members to have at least 2oo posts before able to bid , and if established and do not pay a 3 month ban on future sales ,do it twice and a complete ban on sales ?? what do you think?? .   andy.

it is not all newbies that dont pay.i hope the member amie does not mind me using HIM as an example. when i did the  W PRYDE sale for the arson attack on his lofts. i would look at the bids i had on the sale in the morning on the thread or by pm.each morning i looked i would see 4 or 5 bids on different lots form a newbie  amie. i thought i was going to be messed about so did one or two other members. at the end of the sale any lots that the new member amie had the highest bid on where paid within a few days of the end of sale.

if only all new members where the same.

agree something needs doing, but on some auctions on site there is momey spent on advertising in the weelies, which is to bring others into the sale,  :-/

any one bidding on any sale especially a charity sale should be named and banned from all further auctions the  birds should be offered to the under bidder  and all bids shown for each bird  JMO    cant afford to buy dont bid to knock the price up for the honest bidder total disgrace  and dishonest  bang out of order name and shame and show every bid on the birds

Guest lenwadebob

it is not all newbies that dont pay.i hope the member amie does not mind me using HIM as an example. when i did the  W PRYDE sale for the arson attack on his lofts. i would look at the bids i had on the sale in the morning on the thread or by pm.each morning i looked i would see 4 or 5 bids on different lots form a newbie  amie. i thought i was going to be messed about so did one or two other members. at the end of the sale any lots that the new member amie had the highest bid on where paid within a few days of the end of sale.

if only all new members where the same.

Gary, I wasn't implying that all newbies don't pay, but what I would like to see is a period of incubation for newbies, albeit a period of time or number of posts. Certainly sellers and donors need some sort of protection. Likewise established members, who by now MUST have read at least one thread where this has been discussed, should be deterred from false bidding with the implementation of a rule that will name and shame and ban them from bidding when they offend. Obviously if a winning bidder has the decency to make either the seller/auctioneer or Admin aware that payment will be late, then arrangements will be made to accommodate them.