ets rule change

cowman

how about people putting up some pics of traps that comfirm to the the new rules and those that don`t i`m thinking of taking the rpra to small claims court to get my money back for the trap i bought 21/12/08 that was legel and that now is not maybe if everyone in the same boat done the same the rpra will think twice before changing rules that were ok in one year and not the next.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how about people putting up some pics of traps that comfirm to the the new rules and those that don`t i`m thinking of taking the rpra to small claims court to get my money back for the trap i bought 21/12/08 that was legel and that now is not maybe if everyone in the same boat done the same the rpra will think twice before changing rules that were ok in one year and not the next.

Put up a picture of your trap surely it cant be that difficult to bring it within the rules,I have 3 differant types that were O.K. before and all I have done is put a row of bob wires at the front of each one so that the bird is now confined when it is timed.

The way I read it is that most if not all the commercial traps which have been sold do comply with the new rule if you regard a folding landing board capable of closing the loft to be a 'door'. Provided the ETS sensors are inside the loft the bird will be legally clocked whether or not the 'door' is closed behind it. JMO but I am sticking to it until proved otherwise. As an ETS official of my club I am advising all members of my thoughts.

As i have always said if someone gets stopped for using a trap that he thought was legal i cant see what the rpra could do. they never have once released any pictures of whats legal and whats not, never mentioned any commercial traps to say if they are legal or not. Everyone interprets the written word differently, they wouldnt stand a chance in the court of law if they stripped you of results if they felt your trap didnt conform and felt it did.

Until they release pictures they will never put this subject to bed.

Jas.

More chance to pee in the queens ear hole from 50 yards into a head wind.

Any what's the matter of of a simple converstion? :-/ :-/

Or are you moaning that you have lost a few seconds of those already had over the manual clocker?  :-/

Yep they have to 'Confine' the bird to clock it in. So that means you can't clock your birds on the poutside landing board eh! Tough, get real and back the RPRA for A. once being fair to all when they could, and B. bite your tongue because the RPRA are well aware that Manual clockers still out vote the ET'S brigade by over 2 to 1.

Mind do feel sorry for you, only having 14 seconds advantage now... 5 minutes tops to alter the inside of the trap you bought that has to be altered. :o :o :o

As i have always said if someone gets stopped for using a trap that he thought was legal i cant see what the rpra could do. they never have once released any pictures of whats legal and whats not, never mentioned any commercial traps to say if they are legal or not. Everyone interprets the written word differently, they wouldnt stand a chance in the court of law if they stripped you of results if they felt your trap didnt conform and felt it did.

Until they release pictures they will never put this subject to bed.

Jas.

Oh you mean 'Ignorance is Bliss eh'! No it's not, and once set, as most will be sorted by the Clubs Sec and told - as you have already admitted, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Mind the real silliness of that ignorance is if you had a great bird winning in a hot, prestigeous race and got disqualfied, your' let your bird down, your selve down and be branded ever more as a cheat and a right plonker! .... And quite rightly so too!

Get real and have the common decency to be a little more fairer to the Manual clockers. Think it is the hieght of repugnance and selfishness. Boo hoo can only get 14 second on a manual clocker :'( :'( :'(

The way I read it is that most if not all the commercial traps which have been sold do comply with the new rule if you regard a folding landing board capable of closing the loft to be a 'door'. Provided the ETS sensors are inside the loft the bird will be legally clocked whether or not the 'door' is closed behind it. JMO but I am sticking to it until proved otherwise. As an ETS official of my club I am advising all members of my thoughts.

My sensors are inside the loft but with having bob wires at the back of the trap the birds can come back out after being clocked so to comply with the new rule I have put the bob wires on the front,so the bird goes through the bobs onto the sensor and on into the loft but cant get back out.

My sensors are inside the loft but with having bob wires at the back of the trap the birds can come back out after being clocked so to comply with the new rule I have put the bob wires on the front,so the bird goes through the bobs onto the sensor and on into the loft but cant get back out.

does the NEHU have the same rules ?

No idea Mate you would have to check their rules.

just i know ov a few blokes who made their own and birds can walk in and out wi no bobs on them and was wondering if they know the rules thats y i was askinif NEHU have same rules  ;)

Guest vander mungo

wont matter where pads are,confined or not some non ets fancier will still complain were cheating them.cant they let the people who want to move forward alone,do these people still have black and white tvs,or have they moved on to coloured ones.leave the guys who want to move forward alone or follow suit

Guest southern and mason

just i know ov a few blokes who made their own and birds can walk in and out wi no bobs on them and was wondering if they know the rules thats y i was askinif NEHU have same rules  ;)

its got 2 b on the inside ov ya loft kev its not alowd out the loft  :)

Read it again Tony - where a bird goes through an open door and is then clocked there will be no need to close the door behind it. I take the view that a folding landing board which is used to close the loft is also a door.

Alen, that very senario was covered for the very likes of that case. Answer simply that it has no bearing. Nor should it. Once in your hands it is confined. Whether you let it our again isniether here nor there. Further the RPRA made it clear that though many will come up with these selfish scenario, they won't wash. And quite rightly so, and yes I have the ET. No i don't want even more unfair advantage. Yes I m prepared not to use it when one club the member don't have it. And Yes all the 'Good' ponts are fine and should be adhered to the spirit that they are intended, and for those that it helps great. For those of you that wish to cheat Tough, I hope you all get caught that do!. And Yes I know I get more advantage every week over a manual clockerand moreso as the season(s) go on.... And so do you!

And yes I am more than willing to give any manual clocker 15 to 20 seconds on the first bird and 12 seconds there after Are you?

So Boo Hoo cry till the salt runs dry. For you are simply just moaning about losing a little of your advantage That gives you even now a 1/4 of a mile over a Manual clocker. dare I say 'Improve and try harder  to win. Put more time and effort into it as the ET brigade spout out regularly.