sonic cat deterrents any good?

the wee red hens

Bought ours from Boddy & Ridewood but binned it as cat was sat directly above it on the fence.

If you have a decent fence around the garden you could get some carpet grips the cats soon learn when they step on them

thats where I returned mine to, and thay are still selling them,

My temper got the better of me though it was not in a position to be returned lol  ;D

My cat trap has never failed though, in fact i leant it to a friend from Scotland when he moved here and got a call the day after saying something was in there _ yeah there was it was a Yorkie Terrier  :) ;D

not in a position to be returned/ should have said the cat did it,

• 3 months later...

I live next door to a pigeon racer and i have 6 cats.

When the call goes up the birds are coming in, i get my cats in to give them a fair shot of landing. We live in a built up area which has lots of cats anyway so although mine are in, there ay be a few others around that might stop them from landing.

He has an audiable alarm which goes off if anything goes into his garden or near the lofts.

The neighbour 2 doors down does a lot of gardening, no pigeons but obviously doesnt want the cats so he invested in a sonic alarm and according to him it does work. As soon as the cat breaks the beam, the sound only the cats can hear starts and gives em a bit of a shock, so they run the other direction.

I dont know what make it is but i can find out if you would like me to.

The best deterrent is a water blaster. Cats neither like the Pssst noise of when it goes off, or being drenched.

The only problem with that is you need to be vigilant but if you had an audible alarm at least you dont have to stand watching out the window all day!

Once cats have a taste of the water blaster its gona be a really stupid cat that goes back for more  :-/

Julia

Bought mine from regency lofts years ago and it still working apart from one white cat which was deaf it cost �110 but was worth evey penny the cheap ones are not as good

Also bought one of these years ago  didn,t work for me,threw it away biggest waste of £110 i,ve ever made.

I have one of the cheaper kind, paid B&R £20 I think, and its supposed to keep most things at bay because its multi-frequency.

Mine has a very limited range, 50 feet, not wide enough to keep a cat out of the garden, but it points along the front of the loft and nothing has ever crossed that line.

Have posted before of looking at paw prints in the snow first year I put it up, came from opposite side of house that loft and deterrent are on, walked a straight line never nearer then 30-odd feet away from loft, turned and walked out way it came in. Before installation, I'd seen marks it left behind trying to climb sloping glass roof on my loft veranda, flat pads at bottom turning to scrapes further up when it began to slide (that's how I knew I had a cat, only thing I know with retractable claws).

My new neighbour has a cat, so I'm thinking of installing the movement sensor water-gun type to cover all the garden in front of the loft.

i bought the one for sale in the racing pigeon know its costly but when i moved in the house had no one living in it for about 6 months so cats were using the back yard as there place to p*ss and sh*t now i knew i was getting a few birds so i bought one straight away i seen the results got rid of most cats in about 2 days within the week there was one left and never see him no more either he was a tom cat and i think he might have been the leader of the area so did int like leaving u should see when he hit the sensor the hair would stand up on the back of his neck and he would just leave will admit to it taking a little under a week but then again it also says that on the box that it can take a bit longer in some cases  just what i have found i see the odd cat around but never see any where the sensor is working