H M the Queen

Back garden fancier

Guest bigda
Lets hope someone makes the most of this chance and get all the publicity they can for it could be just what we need  ;D

your right rose  hope the RPRA get there finger out and  spend a couple of grand on this with the media, and  drive this right home

a perfect opportunity, not like they way  they allowed  the film valiant to  portrayed the sport

Guest bigda
If they miss opportunity like that I think they will be very foolish  Perhaps should email Peter and point out what a golden opportunity it is case he misses it  ;D

wouldin"t you know peter is on holiday till 5th of july but hope some one in charge has the sence to give a back hander to the reporter  to print the real  story, the one  we want printed, not the one of there choice we  need to take charge of what  gets printed :o :'(

Guest bigda
Gives you lot of confidence in the way the rpra is run dont begrudge anyone having a holiday but i wouldnt say it was the ideal time
                                                                                                                     oh just sights to see and things to do you know :X 8) 8)

Guest bigda
Well i would have thought it is a job that having a holiday in probably the most important part of the year is not really on unless there is someone else to take on the job in their absence perhaps whoever takes on the job might think bit differently see its being advertised again

come back when dust settles and no hard questions  ;) ;) :X 8)

she was on the prize list a couple of years ago as a friend of mine had the place after her, cant remember what, i think it was in the 30s. and i think i am right in saying my friends bird was bred by sapper,

WHAT!!! Sapper was breeding birds in the 30's 8) 8) 8)

Guest bigda
Just read the ad for the job look at the last paragrah  ;D

GENERAL MANAGER

ROYAL PIGEON RACING ASSOCIATION

SALARY NEGOTIABLE PLUS PENSION AND COMPANY CAR

The current general manager is retiring in November after 10 years service.  His successor will be an all round manager and administrator with proven experience in personnel and accountancy management, experience of servicing a committee, an ability to work on his/her own initiative, and a confident public speaker with experience of dealing with government and professional bodies.  

Knowledge of pigeon racing would be an advantage but an ability to relate to our members who come from all walks of life is essential.  The successful applicant will need to be flexible with his/her outlook as the job may entail occasional weekend and evening work. The general manager will be expected to maintain the public relation role and promoting the RPRA and pigeon racing in general

ah but, but, thats for the new guy just to make things harder  ;)

WHAT!!! Sapper was breeding birds in the 30's 8) 8) 8)

;D ;D ;D   no i meant the place in the race, not sure what it was but my friend from Nottingham got youngsters from sapper and it was one of them that was on the results beside the\ queens bird, ;D