training in opposite direction

edthekid

Every year the young birds first 4 tosses are in the opposite direction,get a bit of stick from club mates,but does them no harm.Personally i think it serves them well.

It sure does mate thats why i train my where ever i'm going ;) ;)

I no a lot of guys who train there birds in defferent directions, dosent doo them no harm, infact it does them good, makes them use there head when they shouldnt be where they are.

Alf but you are.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dafty ;):P :P :P ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I used to do it all the time when I lived in Aberdeen. I would train north, south and west ( couldn't train east as it was the north sea and i didnt have a boat   ;) ) I think it did the birds good taught them to think. I will add though i only did this once i felt they had a good line coming from the right direction so to speak. I took them wherever i was working it did them no harm.

Paul.

its not a probem to them they will home from any direction

the only thing i was told was if you train twice a day dont train from 2 directions

on the same day as it can screw them up

anyone else heard of this ?

dave

when first had pigeons 23year ago,gave 2 winning birds to a lorry driver friend of mine took them over the forth to alloa for a toss,completely different direction too normal got 1 back lost the other,only talking about 20 miles.the bird that got lost had won from cheltenham 280 miles,puzzling.

similar thing happened to me last year my freind took them about 80 mile past me :)they found their way about after about 9 hours :)

I train wherever I go, usually against the wind. Can have some right sticky tosses by doing it. All depends really on what you want to achieve. If you want them to think and spend more time on the wing then do it with the risk of having a bad one (losses with babies).

If you want to win sprint races it is probably better to train on a line