how many young birds will you race

jonl6280

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will have approx 65 young birds to race - the furthest they will go will depend more than anything on how they mature and develop over the next 6-8 weeks as many have just been weaned.

The furthest race we have is Perth (weather permitting)which is approx 276 miles - So depending on there maturity and a few other factors i hope some can go there but the most vital thing is i need to produce a good team of yearlings from that team.

47 to race, all will go the full program this year 201mls, stopped them last couple of years at 100mls, but first testing race as yearlings and they struggle so this year, no mercy, they will have to go all being well.

i have about 70 to race but its my first year back so i am only concerned with teaching them so will be lightly raced probably four races out to 150 miles. the problem is i cant decide wether to fly north or south

where ever u feel the strongest competion is mate go that way test im  ;)

Guest Greig the doo Drysdale
i have about 70 to race but its my first year back so i am only concerned with teaching them so will be lightly raced probably four races out to 150 miles. the problem is i cant decide wether to fly north or south

why not split them into 2 teams and fly north and south mate