Canker – Trichomoniasis

birdbrain

Guest TAMMY_1
have to agree that garlic has its uses but its not a cure all and end all if it was why are there so many pigeons still going down with this or that cocci canker respiratory there all about so how has garlic not cured all that lot or does it chase it into remmision ,another case of plastering over a cut .

and somebody is needing to plaster over your mooth :D

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have to agree that garlic has its uses but its not a cure all and end all if it was why are there so many pigeons still going down with this or that cocci canker respiratory there all about so how has garlic not cured all that lot or does it chase it into remmision ,another case of plastering over a cut .

I agree with what you say, Sammy, garlic is not a cure all.

I also agree with your sticking plaster bitty too, but I think that is better applied to continually medicating birds during race season.

Garlic will shift certain stuff, including the three things mentioned,  trich, cocci and chlamydia (just one respiratory org) and provided the bird isn't at death's door garlic used in higher concentrations will cure too, it just takes longer than proprietry medication.

and somebody is needing to plaster over your mooth :D

;D ;D ;Dlisten billy bunter   lookalike neva mentioned plaster over mooth a cut a said kin yi no read  :D :D :D

Guest TAMMY_1

;D ;D ;Dlisten billy bunter   lookalike neva mentioned plaster over mooth a cut a said kin yi no read  :D :D :D

nothin to say about alfs post , naw , just pick on tammy , can youse no leave me alone, keep on at me and i'll be leaving

nothin to say about alfs post , naw , just pick on tammy , can youse no leave me alone, keep on at me and i'll be leaving

Dont let the door hit you on the *expletive removed* on yer way out :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

BYE! :P :P :P :P :P :P

I don't use medication, but I do use half a crushed fresh organic garlic bulb in the drinking water Saturdays & Sundays, 52 weeks a year.

It takes care of a number of things , trichomonads is one.

And if I run out of garlic, my second choice is refrigerated organic cider apple vinegar in the drinking water, 5ml to 2ltr.

took brunos advice over 12 mths ago & never seen it

just checked all birds throats & as clear as a bell.

i use garlic a minimum of once a week & apple cider viniger or white viniger once a week also.

• 2 weeks later...

many differant ways ,, one way is thruogh the navel of a newly born chick other ways are from carriers , they can even catch it slightly tearing their mouth with a peice of grain , sometimes it can be a secondary infection,, man many ways , many differant kinds of canker , usualy made worse by dirt and stress

I'd take the yellow out with a match stick - cotton bud even, and give it a part tab of what a woman uses when she has thrush. Cleanses is proper. Remember there are nearly 30 different strains - and pigeon having a mild strain preasent at all time is a must - and Canker quickly adapts and treatments are soon rendered usless, good point is then change the treatment used after using it twice.

Hi

The best Product over in Belgium for Canker (Trico) is a product called Trico Groen. Excellent stuff. We treated our Widowhood Cocks Last August and Tested Them with A Swab test about 3 weeks ago, A negative was the result so the product keeps it at bay a fairly long time. What it contains i cannot tell you but it does the Job, It cannot be got in the UK

expat1

many differant ways ,, one way is thruogh the navel of a newly born chick other ways are from carriers , they can even catch it slightly tearing their mouth with a peice of grain , sometimes it can be a secondary infection,, man many ways , many differant kinds of canker , usualy made worse by dirt and stress

All pigeons carry canker to a certain degree. The mild formas are a blessing as that virant will be doing no harm and keeping many other forms at bay.

It is a myth that it won't return, it is nothing to be ashamed of, like getting a rat or mouse in the shed at the bottom of a garden 99% of all people have them... especially in the coldr weather when the come in from the fields... likewise with a woman getting thrush... no prevention. Indeed the reality is that if kept completely clear the stronger viarants will take hold. Like I say one must keep changing the treatment for it quickly becomes immuned to them.

I had some birds of a ole felloew that had pigeons for over 60 years ... folks outside of me let him down constantlt, and all promises of 'Training never came off ... I travelled over 10 miles to his loft then went back the way I came to train them. He wouldn't allow that. Any way he had never ever treated for canker, Ecoli, and just the Sheep 'Grig, for worms once a year. So he gave me the pigeons he'd selected to keep as a stock loft and packed up ... yes they went around in droves to help clear his birds lol. Any way first thing I did was give the Trichno from Rhonfeld or whatever it's spelt, a triple for the three Ecoli, Canker etc. I thought the flood gates were open - Had sent a example to Johnny 11 foe his comments... just a slight bit of no importance -£2500 - £3000 Micro machinary.

Golly I thought I'd opened flood gates, absolute drenched the floor, never mind wet droppings... I put in a higher balance of protein and crossed fingers. Spoke to Johnny and the answer was as expected.... needn't and shouldn't have treated! Told Brian and he said 'You What'! Why! He never has treated!!! took about two months to clear and they slowly come around. Water given was a day old with open top, or from a spring only... Yes they have bred a great round now nearly four months later... times I was about to let them all go. Like they should say, 'If it is broken YOU CAN'T fix it'. So a little viarant is good as a World renowned Vet told me for the reasons given above.

All pigeons carry canker and need some resistance to it. I would treat the whole flock, Sparticks will do. I would use a tablespoon of cider vinegar and half a teaspoon of milton on alternate days. One of my best stock hens has a susceptabilty to canker but the first nest are always good. Every loft is likely to have its own variant of canker, abit like the common cold. IT ISN'T  

Guest slugmonkey

You should also try giving them probiotic as well at first I was a skeptic but now I dont think you can get enough of it down them I give 2 kinds and also have a food pellet that contains it as well as brewers yeast

• 3 months later...
one must keep changing the 'Remedy' used as canker gets immuned to it very very quickly ... like after twice, and as there are at least 30 different strains....

Maybe its the other way around, Roland: people using 'remedies' have caused the nasty strains of 'canker' to become immune.

As you have posted many times before - and I think you are 100% spot on - its the low levels of a mild strain of canker in the bird which confer natural immunity to the nastier ones. It's exactly the same principle as vaccination, the pigeon's own immune system does the rest..

Agree with others, a bird that gets into that condition needs outed ASAP - for all the right reasons ... its immune system is shot and it is a danger to the other birds in the loft.