Pigeon Going Light

Hi guys,

I have a yb racer who started to go light. Her droppings are kind of slimey and she is getting thing. I've noticed she doesn't really eat anything but the smaller seeds like safflower. Any suggestions? I'm hoping to turn her around so I can continue to train her. I've separated her from the rest of the loft.

Thanks

yeah, i was thinking cocci or canker-- what would you use for cocci? - should i treat the whole loft?

Y DONT YOU CONTACT JOHNY 11 AND FIND OUT WHAT IT IS THAT IS A MATTER AFORE YOU TREAT FOR ANY THING  ;D ;D

Get its droppings tested, and take a random sample from your loft and get them tested, I lost a lot of birds two years ago because I treated them for suspected canker, if it gets really bad and shows signs on other birds get a bird post mortemed(it must be live when you send it)

Good luck

Treat for worms then canker 4 days later. Treat whole loft.  In the mean time give either a tablespoon of cider vinegar or lemon juice in the drinker every day for a week. I never dispose of a bird that may have picked something up in the race crate. I never isolate birds either. I would swear by cider vinegar and take it myself every morning. Still play rugby at 45 so it aint harmed me.

Just as an asside I have three pigeons flown Pau 629 miles this year. They have cider vinegar 5 days a week.

BEST TO DISPOSE OF IT,   I POSTED THE SAME QUESTION A WHILE BACK AND THAT WAS THE ADVICE MOST OF THE EXPERIENCED  FLIERS GAVE

Wel did you?

There are severa causes - not least Cocci which is favourite. Never knew Canker made birds go light!

Then it could be yeast of a more serious kind ... Candida, Thrush etc.

Give Johnny11 a buzz, you may well know by this time tomra.... and very keenly priced.

Wel did you?

There are severa causes - not least Cocci which is favourite. Never knew Canker made birds go light!

Give Johnny11 a buzz, you may well know by this time tomra.... and very keenly priced.

IF IT WAS COCCI THEN I DONT THINK TREATING THE PIGEONS IS GOING TO DO ANY GOOD ITS THE LOFT FLOOR S THAT NEED TREATMENT AS ONCE YOU HAVE TREATED THE PIGEONS THEY WILL ONLY BE RE INFEXCTED ,THINK ABOUT IT  ;)

IF IT WAS COCCI THEN I DONT THINK TREATING THE PIGEONS IS GOING TO DO ANY GOOD ITS THE LOFT FLOOR S THAT NEED TREATMENT AS ONCE YOU HAVE TREATED THE PIGEONS THEY WILL ONLY BE RE INFEXCTED ,THINK ABOUT IT  ;)

well when i use the cocci treatment from harkers the treated water the birds have not used i spray on the loft floor that should kill the eggs

iam i wrong or not

well when i use the cocci treatment from harkers the treated water the birds have not used i spray on the loft floor that should kill the eggs

iam i wrong or not

BEST TO DAMPEN THE FLOOR WITH IT AND THEN USE AN GAS TORCH TO DRY IT ALL THEN YOU KNOW THERE'S NOTHING ON IT ;)

Guest TAMMY_1

Wel did you?

AYE.!!!!!!!!!1

9/10 cases of birds going light is as a root result of internal canker.

Agree which is why i do mine reguarly because when your birds are constantly coming into contact with others throughout the season the cocci and canker counts will just keep increasing unless you do something to keep it in check,I use cocci-Tricho in the water about every 4 weeks and probiotics too and I never have a problem.

iam i wrong or not

NOT WRONG BART JUST DAFT AINT NUFFIN GONNA KILL COCCI EGGS APART FROM A BLOW TORCH SO GIT YA CELL WAN  ;D ;D ;D ;D

NOT WRONG BART JUST DAFT AINT NUFFIN GONNA KILL COCCI EGGS APART FROM A BLOW TORCH SO GIT YA CELL WAN  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Disagree Sammy not just wrong but daft as well a nice wet floor will help the development of the eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disagree Sammy not just wrong but daft as well a nice wet floor will help the development of the eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

explain me disagree with what,blow torch , ;D ;D