Feeding Tic Beans

Tony C

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but thats the  crack if you got contacts  kev go to the farms youll get barley wheat oilseed rape

all cheap   buy some maize and some chicken rearer pellets  mix it  best winter mix you will get and the price is right   see what they like come December they will be spot on

alan ye na what it like around here wor farmers wont giv u the skin off their sh.t,, unlike u cos u wud charm the habit off a nun  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D but al investigate m8 thx for the advice al let u na how i get on but dnt hold much hope in this case  ;)

Guest BRYANBROCK

no bother m8 as for feeding tic beans years ago i fed lot of beans it was called pacemaker we used to get it from the pet shop  there was maize.tares.and some maples but mostly beans it was used a lot but mostly for national racing very high in protein

there was one lad i knew who fed this to both young and old birds and he flew extremly well from 80 miles to 680 miles  

but the beans then were dark in color nowadays they seem to be pale not for me

i once put some beans in a jar of water they took nearly to 2 weeks to sprout

years ago they would sprout in about 3 days so i personally dont think they all that good for the birds of today

cheers bryan

Guest triballofts

hi iam after some beans at the moment there is a farm down here that are surpose to be doing them at £4.50 a bag and im waiting for confermation but the are £7 at the corn suplyers so im just waiting to see if they come up as i use bean for breeding and my young birds  

We all used to get a wheat / or  barley or mix for the winter from the farmers. Some still do.

I moved away, and then came back here like and don't know which ones do or don't. The fanciers ' nod nod wink wink scenario ;) ;) and think they are clever. Some will fetch a little for another sometimes. After close seasons finishes you wouldn't believe the drival they spout about whos' was good  or indifferent etc. Best is that they think they are clever. Then wonder why the lad or two won't be training their' birds in the coming season  :-/ :o

But I suppose I should get of me butt and phone a few farmers. The one I posted earlier is a Grain merchant and also a farmer. But sticks naturually with the Merchane prices.

beans good for 2 things part of breakfast  and for horses  nowt else

i won more channel races hopper feeding nothing more than beans years ago, one race clocking 9 on the night, only member to time in on night but now concentrate more on sprint to middle distance so ive changed my feeding but if only interested in distance races again i would be back on beans right away ;)

i won more channel races hopper feeding nothing more than beans years ago, one race clocking 9 on the night, only member to time in on night but now concentrate more on sprint to middle distance so ive changed my feeding but if only interested in distance races again i would be back on beans right away ;)

thx m8 for that bit info  ;)

Guest triballofts
through the 60/70/80s most mixtures had tic beans in them and losses were not like they are now so has this got something to do with it ??

dont tell everyone shhhhhh or the price of beans will rocket :) :) :)

Will young birds fly much when getting fed beans in a hopper and a daily mixture as well ???????

yi have to train them really hard davy thats if yi want to win young bird races but the thing is they will stand up to all the hard train ing yi can give them when fed on beans  ;)

Guest triballofts
Will young birds fly much when getting fed beans in a hopper and a daily mixture as well ???????

hi dave i dont hopper feed beans as you will loose control over them i feed barley in the mornig and beans at night you can judge the amount with the control hard to catch less feed until you get it right as for trainning mine are trainned 3 times a week up to 60 miles every week weather permiting