Feeding Tic Beans

Tony C

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest triballofts

quite well mate won a few but the main thing is i have not lost many youngbirds there are loads in our club that do year after year it might not be the fastest system but i usually end up with the yearlings i also find it helps with youngbird sickness as well might be as there are no small grains this year i have had a year out through heart byepass so i will be useing the same system  next year i fly the old birds different but thats my youngbird system  Graham

• 1 month later...

beans are a very good part of a pigeons diet.. we have just bought 10 x 28kg bags from a farm 35 miles from us.. £6 a bag.. birds are gulping them down and are looking well on them..

we will also include the maris bead in our channel feeding..

all our birds are on beans now.. mixed with other stuff..

ant

beans are a very good part of a pigeons diet.. we have just bought 10 x 28kg bags from a farm 35 miles from us.. £6 a bag.. birds are gulping them down and are looking well on them..

ant

sre you going to hopper feed beans then add carbs and fats like tony did this year ?

ant

same as you ant, all birds are hopper fed beens now but get other tit bits, red band, homoform in mornings as well

Don't know how to explain this but here goes, I read somewhere that there was something natural in the tic bean

which was the same as what Athletes used to inject themselves with.

This helped  the athletes immune system stay strong, so they could train hard and not go down with anything.

(just what a bird needs when racing 9-10 hours)

we will not do the hopper beans until we have a distance team here in 2011.. I believe the hopper beans play a bigger part at races 600 and over.. I have read many articles regarding beans in distance racing,, One guy said he would feed lots of beans and have great returns but he was off the pace until 600 miles were raced.. he just put less beans in and added more maize as the race got closer.. he was actually racing on 80% beans and would get 90% returns from the distance when some got very few back,, but the beans were the stamina and not the speed..

upto 600 you have to balence the carbs and protein out and look at the wind,, weather,, the top boys will get the balence right..

over 600 the bird has to be bred for the job i think,, but a high protein diet with the addition of carbs and sugar just before release is helpful.. lots give growers pellets before the distance,, full of protein and cheap to buy..

nearly every distance loft I know use beans in their loft .. some all year round,, some 1 month prior to the distance race they intend to win..

there are good beans and bad beans.. they say 1 year old beans are the best,, some say the drier the better.. some say they like them a few months old.. quality does count for a lot..

best of luck

ant

Guest WINGS 04
Will young birds fly much when getting fed beans in a hopper and a daily mixture as well ???????

i feed tic beans and mapel to my young birds and they are on the darknes and they will not fly that well but they will not belong in catching up when you take them of the feed and darkness

Dont no if beans have all the requirements a pigeon needs but seen a vid once of a very good flyer who if i remember hopper fed beans only sun mon tue, then fed mixed corn rest of weak.Feed my own pigeons on roughly the same system up to this year when the beans were sub standard, feed beans to my young birds aswell but once they are flying ghange to a light mixture as they rake better on a lighter feed.First post on site hi all

Guest southern and mason

av just bin to buy sum the day 5 pound a bag and ther gud aswell ther clean and sum barley 3.50 a bag and green peas 5 pound a bag and white peas 5 pound a bag

Guest joshdonlan
av just bin to buy sum the day 5 pound a bag and ther gud aswell ther clean and sum barley 3.50 a bag and green peas 5 pound a bag and white peas 5 pound a bag

where is this magical place? lol

i think alot wont buy beans cos they dont look right for the pigeons with the way we race these days,but i have fed widowhood cocks on beans at sprint races and won with them,an old fancier told me to try it for 2 weeks and said i would win a 1st prize and he was right,they certainly looked out standing hopper fed on them and when they came back from racing they were fit and didnt look tired at all,all ill say is try hopper feeding widowers on beans,they might just put a smile on your face.

les

would be good to hear how the experiment ended uo for you tony

Disappointingly lol The pigeon I had my money on I’m still waiting for, an 04 cock that finished 25th combine from the same race point the previous year (Thurso 507miles). My aim was to finish in the first 25 of the combine this year but fell short, I was some 45 minutes behind the combine winner.

I’ll not be deterred from doing the same again this coming season. Just got to find decent tic beans at a decent price round here, corn merchant wants £13 a bag for yearling tic beans lol they’ll be 5 year old at least before he sells them.

One more thing I’d like to add, even though I’ve raced pigeons for over 20 years I class myself as a novice come 500+ mile racing so to put my failure down to this feeding regime would be wrong. I’m going to stick with it and plan on joining the Essex & Kent distance 5 bird club which will give me an extra bite of the cherry at 500 mile racing.

Disappointingly lol The pigeon I had my money on I’m still waiting for, an 04 cock that finished 25th combine from the same race point the previous year (Thurso 507miles). My aim was to finish in the first 25 of the combine this year but fell short, I was some 45 minutes behind the combine winner.

I’ll not be deterred from doing the same again this coming season. Just got to find decent tic beans at a decent price round here, corn merchant wants £13 a bag for yearling tic beans lol they’ll be 5 year old at least before he sells them.

One more thing I’d like to add, even though I’ve raced pigeons for over 20 years I class myself as a novice come 500+ mile racing so to put my failure down to this feeding regime would be wrong. I’m going to stick with it and plan on joining the Essex & Kent distance 5 bird club which will give me an extra bite of the cherry at 500 mile racing.

I recommend the Essex & Kent 5 bird distance club great secretary ;D :-, but tic beans thats another story :-/