Downhearted

Mattydoos79

Feel so disappointed and downhearted about my old bird racing season so far, low score and 2 none returns this week and last week, I’m packing it in and pray that the young birds do better, is it the way I’m feeding them? Or training? Or their health. It’s just so sh** oh well roll on the next time

Feel so disappointed and downhearted about my old bird racing season so far, low score and 2 none returns this week and last week, I’m packing it in and pray that the young birds do better, is it the way I’m feeding them? Or training? Or their health. It’s just so sh** oh well roll on the next time

No trouble keeping rollers mat.

All part of the learning —first cart horses don’t win horse races ,fat chicks dont win races ,starving birds dont win races and sick birds will never win so be critical with yourself —are you flying everyone’s rubbish—are you feeding too much, are you not feeding enough for distance you intend to fly ?

As a rule of thumb —winners breed winners—-so go to lofts that win and buy only birds off winners or from stock that bred multiple winners.

To get a bird to win from 90 miles and compete at 300 plus is asking a lot

Do you want to win sprint races —or middle distance or long ?

Buy the correct birds for the one you want to compete in most and keep them healthy.

You say you have a team of young birds —have you treated them at all other than inoculating for para. ?

Could go on but lads on site might contradict some of my methods but many roads to Rome.

I treat blind and like to use natural products —but some would cringe seeing me put a few twigs [new growrth ]off the top of my privet hedge and throwing them into my youngbirds.

Keep them hungry —keep control but dont starve youngbirds—try feeding a good widowhood mix when you think they need it but put them on inter mix the rest of the time.——barley is most under rated corn .

Sorry for rabbiting on and ignore it if you think you know better.