Young Bird Losses

arty whyte

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why Froog the 'Good / Knowledgeable fanciers at the B/B sale will only ever buy back their own. Their birds may be carriers of a aliment, which never affects their immune system … So why risk added a problem that may well turn up from another youngsters loft!

P.s. Just when does one think these fanciers introduce a new swapped bird from a proven sauce with good constitution and genes (Blood)? Not a week or two, not even a few weeks. No that's for sure!

They are left a compartment with the droppings of their' new loft. So the results and immunity will be seen and gained. If they go down, they aren't bolstered up with pills and from the bottle … nor would the original fancier take them back. THEN after they have gain condition etc. Are again healthy and 'ARE' the part THEN and Only then are they introduce to their new mates to be. Logical and simple. Not Rocket ''''''' but common sense.

When Mark Gilert started up on his own, after the the expierenced gain from his father, The first thing he did after building his lofts was take the droppings and placed them in his new lofts. Fact! Later he introduce the birds to breed from... Still would. the rest is history.

Edited by Roland

Hi all

Young bird losses are bad again this year has there been any studies regards low frecquency sound from wind turbines

If you look at a map of the UK you will be shocked by how many there are around and our bird have to navigate through them

During race days l am sure the boffins will say they are safe what's your thoughts cheers. Arty

Arty we used to train from soutra then take the young birds to Lauder with no problems. A couple of years ago we stopped training there as the birds were taking for ever to come home and we were experiencing losses. The only thing that we could put it down to was they had put up the wind turbines. We watch the young birds flying back and forwards at the wind turbines before they would clear them. I have read all the comments put up on your post. We train with fanciers that regularly top the Central Fed and they have experienced the same problems so weak sick diseased untrained birds in my opinion may have a small part in the losses. But we have experienced losses and birds returning days later from lauder your race point last week. I have several AF & DF birds in the stray centre and I can assure you they are in perfect health with one of two flown out they will be returned to their owners tomorrow. The ones in good condition and appear to be healthy, why did they not make it home?. were the up too early? We're they disoriented by the turbines? Or are they stupid this is only my opinion and my club mates have experience the same.

Cheers Davie

Just maybe we should be looking at the grain we feed our birds ie what chemicals are used now to what was used in the past ??? Or even the water we use

Just a thaught

i asked about this years ago john when i found out 80 to 90 percent of the grain we feed is GM grain was it doing something to our birds immune system this and vaccination is the only things we all have in common when i asked grain merchants about it they all backed down only one told me that some farmers were refusing to feed it to there livestock as they were having problems they did not understand and blamed the GM feed makes you think m8