P M V Vaccines

REDCHEQHEN

I buy for the whole club. About 1500 doses a year sometimes more. It is co-ordinated so there is little waste, the young birds it's a bit trickier - but old birds - are all done in a week to 10 days - the whole club

how many times are bottles brought to room temperature and put back in the fridge, I think this is done many times, I got a 100 bottle to do old and young birds, maybe i should have got it in 2 bottles

Surgical spirits in a plastic cup with a sponge inside. Needle cleaned after every jag by pushing into sponge and back out. Needle changed every 25 jabs. One needle pushed into bottle and not removed until finished. Vaccine discarded after first use. Now insist it is sent packed with a cool bag. Never had YB sickness.

The most economical way to do this is by club as stated by REDCHEQHEN, but not much chance of this. I believe when it was first brought in, it had to be done by a vet and was done at club level. I have heard stories about the poor manner in which vets carried out the task, but at least they would have followed the guidelines. :)