Young Birds

Simonmurray4747

Hi guys my names Simon I'm from Inverness many of you may of known my late father Ronnie, in the months before he passed I looked after his birds for him, so 6 months on I have them at my house just about settled in, I have some youngers they are growing nicely but with the current space I've got I have all birds in the same area, I know it can be bad for youngsters to be with the cocks so I have another shed for young birds ready to go so I am just wondering how long till I can take them away from parents and into my new young birds loft? Appreciate the help. Cheers Simon murray

Like to Wean my youngsters at 25 Days old Pal !! Some lads wean em younger and some older but best to take em away before they start jumping out of the nest boxes onto the floor cos there is a high risk of them being scalped by the cocks in the lower boxes that dominate the floor !!

Hi guys my names Simon I'm from Inverness many of you may of known my late father Ronnie, in the months before he passed I looked after his birds for him, so 6 months on I have them at my house just about settled in, I have some youngers they are growing nicely but with the current space I've got I have all birds in the same area, I know it can be bad for youngsters to be with the cocks so I have another shed for young birds ready to go so I am just wondering how long till I can take them away from parents and into my new young birds loft? Appreciate the help. Cheers Simon murray

The Ybs will be ready to be weaned over from their parents between 24-28 days old.

Get them away at 21 days ,I find if you leave them to their older they can become wildish . And get them out on landing board right away giving them plenty time to have a look of their surroundings .cheers and good luck

Once you have moved them have the drinker somewhere they can

Reach ,some fanciers dip their heads in the water when they split them

I prefer to let them find it on their own ,proves they have at least half

A brain .good luck .