Taffy Bowen

JonesyBhoy

Guest mambo

See picture of Taffy Bowen in the BHW this week from 1949. Heard his name mentioned a few times and he is meant to be considered a Welsh legend..

Any one any info on her or loft reports or pictures?

Just curious..

He had a top sprint pigeons called black jack he used whole loafs of bread with the middle taken out for nest bowls

Guest mambo

See picture of Taffy Bowen in the BHW this week from 1949. Heard his name mentioned a few times and he is meant to be considered a Welsh legend..

Any one any info on her or loft reports or pictures?

Just curious..

If you look up angel brothers,they bought all the champion jack blood lines of taffy bowen and he won races with big birdage

I concidered Tafy as a good friend he knew more than most regarding the condition of pigeons / had some great birds from him over the yrs I visited his home many a time ? the last time I was there was for his funeral which was very well attended by fanciers from all parts of the World

he was well known for his kamizie family I have a videoo somewhere that I took sitting at his kitchen table he aftimes came to Ireland to attend our presentatin nights I will post some of the photos at a later date RIP Taffy Bill Bowen

• 6 years later...

i flew his birds in the 90s also met him in a few occasions at his loft he was a gentleman an a great man i was only 16 an was at one of his sales the starting price was 25 quid an a boy in the crowd offered him 24 he said 25 starting price an taffy said are you giving me 25 or not the boy said no an he handed me the pigeon an said take that son for nothing thats the sort off man he was