Cattrysse

Guest arsenal

had some crackers as a youngman thirty odd years ago from a mr and mrs newman but to be honest i did not know what to do with them could get a wee turn in the club with them but in those days i needed a calender for the 5oo mile races i crossed mine with vandenbrookes spelling from wilson and mc shane from eastkilbride also cracking pigeons they also had cattrysse pigeons that flew well louella still has them im sure

Ian Henderson, Gilmerton won the SNFC Rennes race 1987 with a Blue Pied hen, a few weeks later he clocked her full sister to win a prominent position from a very tough SNFC Sartilly 2 race [ won by G. MacAloney & Son ]. These hens were half Newman Cattrysse. Not sure if Ian still races these bloodlines ?

In the early Eighties there was a top loft that raced in Dunbar called Woolf and Thompson they had a great run at the channel races with a team of cattryse pigeons at that time ,there best doo was a cracking blue hen called Deerpark Lady she won Sartilly with the SNFC in 1981 i reckon they had one of the best teams of cattryse pigeons in Britain at the time .was only a kid myself then so i might be a wee bit out with the year they won the National

had some crackers as a youngman thirty odd years ago from a mr and mrs newman but to be honest i did not know what to do with them could get a wee turn in the club with them but in those days i needed a calender for the 5oo mile races i crossed mine with vandenbrookes spelling from wilson and mc shane from eastkilbride also cracking pigeons they also had cattrysse pigeons that flew well louella still has them im sure

Hi Walter I had these birds as well were they from Ely ? Anyway when my uncle jim died he left his birds to me I was 13 at the time he was a racer more a lover of doos but what doos he had ive still got the peds for them he spend a small fortune he had the Newman cattaryse ,busschearts from Bernard Burke from Bradford ,and busschearts from g&c machin of telford who still flys a good doo yet and louella Jansens the Jansens were crackers of all the greats like Arjan,irma,merx I had some fun way these birds wish i had them now everyone that saw the cattaryse admired them big blues and blue flighters all way cracking eyesign I also had cattaryse from a man in penpont down by thornhill these were beauties and won well think his name was Thompson maybe some of the guys from down there cold shed some more light on this man ? Back to Bernard Burke I think Mary Becker ended up way his birds ? And if you look at the highview doos of Hume & curly which the star view doos came out of their top stock came via Bernard some doos I had then just hadn't a clue what I had lol wish I had them now! Forgot to mention I bought som cattaryse from louella I had direct from clan field expected and millers gold i think it was called but were hopeless lol

In the early Eighties there was a top loft that raced in Dunbar called Woolf and Thompson they had a great run at the channel races with a team of cattryse pigeons at that time ,there best doo was a cracking blue hen called Deerpark Lady she won Sartilly with the SNFC in 1981 i reckon they had one of the best teams of cattryse pigeons in Britain at the time .was only a kid myself then so i might be a wee bit out with the year they won the National

i think there team of cattryse originated from Les Davenport but i might be wrong

The first pigeon i got to fly from france into dublin was a newman cattrysse..........it was a few weeks late but i was over the moon he got home . he was 2nd club from talbenny a few weeks earlier..........i remember him well he was a lovely black splashed mealy cock.