Why

peter pandy

I've got to agree with Peter here ,well on the basket training , I've said since I took my race controllers job on that if there's a chance of a race we go end of , only and only when there doesn't look like any chance I put it back 24 hrs , years ago when I started in y,b racing you had at least one hold over ( never done them any harm at all) as yearlings same again as two same again ,so before they went across the water they prob had 5/6 two nights in baskets eating and drinking , at least the stress of it they prob only had 100 odd mile to get home ,now a days I would be their very first time being fed and watered at a race point and with the stress etc they now have 500/600 miles to get home . This is my honest opinion why a lot don't get home from the big races ,some can handle it some can't.

if you at times these feds lid times I quite sure some would have had to holdover Glasgow 1pm s/ lanarkshire 3.30

John the forecasts I was getting was Dunbar was to clear by 2 pm ,so yes we could/would have got a race ,that's why I took the decision to go ,I can bet my life some were sniggering saying he,s made a can,t of it ,how wrong they were :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: