Roundabout System And Ybs

billy whizz

Ok guys so i think when the time comes for me i will be racing the roundabout system as this seems to suit me best,now my question is i will have a 2 section loft only keeping a small team 10 hens 10 cocks kept in each section im going to breed my own team of a couple of stock birds a fancier is going to give me.now i know they will be YBs the first year for racing etc my question is after the year goes by and i say a need some YBs for the following season were do i keep these if i only have a 2 section loft? Do you cull a few old birds? i dont want to end up with loads of pigeons and also i dont want to be culling birds all the time.

Does anyone out there not do YB racing as much etc

Thanks once again

Ok guys so i think when the time comes for me i will be racing the roundabout system as this seems to suit me best,now my question is i will have a 2 section loft only keeping a small team 10 hens 10 cocks kept in each section im going to breed my own team of a couple of stock birds a fancier is going to give me.now i know they will be YBs the first year for racing etc my question is after the year goes by and i say a need some YBs for the following season were do i keep these if i only have a 2 section loft? Do you cull a few old birds? i dont want to end up with loads of pigeons and also i dont want to be culling birds all the time.

Does anyone out there not do YB racing as much etc

Thanks once again

Three sections is minimum for any system racing old an young. Ye you could have am old bird amd and a yb sect but hard work

i had a read of this its a good read My link

now lets just say i have to make do with the space i have so i have to run my loft the same way as Ron Samford how do i keep the loft to a min of birds year round do i have to pull eggs etc?sorry for all these daft questions lol....

its says he kept 7 Ybs at a time and raced natural so how do you keep up on keeping the lof that way?

Cheers

why do u need 3 sections tho?

Everyone i speak to say natural is sh**?

And you end up with tons of pigeons even with 3 sections if you had YB in there they would be mixed wouldnt they

IF EVERYONE YOU HAVE SPOKE TO SAY NATURAL IS S**T!

THEY MUST NOT NO MUCH ABOUT PIGEONS

MOST OF THE TOP FLYERS ARE FLYING

THIS WAY,

ATB

i had a read of this its a good read My link

now lets just say i have to make do with the space i have so i have to run my loft the same way as Ron Samford how do i keep the loft to a min of birds year round do i have to pull eggs etc?sorry for all these daft questions lol....

its says he kept 7 Ybs at a time and raced natural so how do you keep up on keeping the lof that way?

Cheers

i will be honest , i didnt race 40 years ago . i can imagine things have changed greatly in that time . especially the amount of hawks around now. :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

all a bit of a mind boggle this lol.

does anyone on here not bother with YB races? and just race old birds?

i just cant see how you end up keeping the team small if your always doing YB racing every season are you losing birds all the time or culling non stop?

you must be ending up with tons of pigeons?

dont know what its like in your area billy but up here if your left with half the birds you breed at the end of the season you have done well m8 would think it will be the same where you are if your racing natural just give the eggs a good shake when there about 5 days old then let the birds sit them till they desert the nest and start to go to nest again this way you keep the incentive in the birds and you can always slip a youngster or chipping egg off your stock birds under them when you want more effort from them good luck with it m8 with a small team dont try to compete with the bigger team men choose your races and you will get your turn if you have done your job and your birds are good enough atb

i just cant see how you end up keeping the team small if your always doing YB racing every season are you losing birds all the time or culling non stop?

Q: Why breed young birds?

A: For every 8 youngsters you put into the loft the odds are you'll get 1 good'un, if your very lucky 2.

To build a team of old birds equates to the more you breed the more good'uns you'll find. The only way to find the good'uns is to put them on the road. You will incur losses putting them on the road, you'll breed thick'uns as well as good'uns. There's wires & hawks they'll have to contend with too. Out of the initial 8 you bred you could end up with 4, your now hoping the hawks/wires didn't account for the good'un/s being awol.

Young birds are future of you loft, without them you'll go nowhere fast.

I only train my ybs ,as I work a fair bit at weekends that time of year but do train them well