• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AND howmany times have you heard that the pigeons came back in mega time but sat on the roof or in a tree, probably cause they are trap shy at keep being grabbed to pull the rubber off.

This is eliminated with ETS

If the Unit goes down through power failure there is a back up battery, but as I've said before failure is so few and far between I've only eperienced it once in 6 years

As for excuses, I could write a book about all the excuses I heard regading dropping the rubber and timing it in

Is that not part of the attraction of this wonderful sport of ours though?  The nerves.. the anticipation... getiing the pigeon in through the doors & the thimble into the clock??   I've "seen" ETS in operation loads of times & I didn't get excited once - & I've seen the same guys use conventional and ETS.

Is that not part of the attraction of this wonderful sport of ours though?  The nerves.. the anticipation... getiing the pigeon in through the doors & the thimble into the clock??   I've "seen" ETS in operation loads of times & I didn't get excited once - & I've seen the same guys use conventional and ETS.

well mike i can tell you with ets the excitements  still there  :)

Hyacinth, I can tell you last year I sent 3 to Tarbes. On the French/Spanish border 634mls. Got one on second, day none on the day this far. This was the first time I sent that distance. It was three days before I could talk about it properly. I've won on the day from Thurso 443mls, and it just aint the same. That was my first red card. I was 21st section so no cards at-all. He didn't hit the back of the loft, but I truly didn't want to handle him after that effort. You can have a box o' red cards and I wouldn't swap you. When I went to the marking there was a soft top Rolls Royce in front of me. I put my 3 birds on the table next to a baskett marked HRH Queen. A friend who is a National winner himself pulled along side in a new car. I got in my 12 year old car and sulked all the way home. An hours drive. Couldn't find either of them on the result though. What a buzz........ For me tiz all about 500mls on the day and I've not had one yet. Had decided not to come on here again as the argument to me is a bit like saying. I can only afford a Mini so why should you have a Rolls Royce..........

Having just got off the phone to a friend of mine in Scotland, my talking point was ETS.  He said it cost him £800 to set up.  The pads are £90:00 each and the rings are £1:25p each.  THAT is a real stumbling block for an awful lot of people.  He also said there are still a lot of arguments about it and friendships being tested.

I truly don't know if it would all be worth it.

That's very expensive TT, our Unikon System, complete with a pad and I think it was 20 chip rings cost us $750, which at the current rate of exchange would make it about 400 quid.

Of the three national winners we have in our lofts, I have experienced the good fortune of timing in two of them.

The first being in 2002 and I can still recall every detail of those few seconds. The glimpse of our widower in the horizon going like a rocket and I mean like a rocket, as he approached the loft the wings folded and he screamed through the door landing on his box and began battering his nest box front in. Those few seconds were simply awesome, my heart was pounding out of my chest and as I entered his section to lift him from his box the adrenalin rush went into overdrive, the sheer feeling of holding a national winner, removing a rubber, entering it in a thimble and popping it in the STB followed by the banging of the clock is out of this world that words cannot describe. The cock won the race by 50 ypm, was I turned on...... what do you think !!!!

I just simply cannot visualise me having the same feelings with ETS, watching a bird home, pop through a hole and listening of the beep..... whooopy doo , not for me  ;D ;D

Having just got off the phone to a friend of mine in Scotland, my talking point was ETS.  He said it cost him £800 to set up.  The pads are £90:00 each and the rings are £1:25p each.  THAT is a real stumbling block for an awful lot of people.  He also said there are still a lot of arguments about it and friendships being tested.

I truly don't know if it would all be worth it.

Hallelujah!!  Now we're getting somewhere!!  Fairness my ar$e  ;D ;D

Of the three national winners we have in our lofts, I have experienced the good fortune of timing in two of them.

The first being in 2002 and I can still recall every detail of those few seconds. The glimpse of our widower in the horizon going like a rocket and I mean like a rocket, as he approached the loft the wings folded and he screamed through the door landing on his box and began battering his nest box front in. Those few seconds were simply awesome, my heart was pounding out of my chest and as I entered his section to lift him from his box the adrenalin rush went into overdrive, the sheer feeling of holding a national winner, removing a rubber, entering it in a thimble and popping it in the STB followed by the banging of the clock is out of this world that words cannot describe. The cock won the race by 50 ypm, was I turned on...... what do you think !!!!

I just simply cannot visualise me having the same feelings with ETS, watching a bird home, pop through a hole and listening of the beep..... whooopy doo , not for me  ;D ;D

What was it someone said Whatever turns you on??   Chutes are for parachutes - pigeons are for racing  BANG BANG BANG as they hurtle themselves into their beloved home - not some bladdy sort o' trap !    Little words of wisdom once again Jock spark  :D 8) :D ;D :P ;D :) :K) :K)

I can now see clearer than ever Mr. Bang Bang, that you have no tolernce whatsoever for anyone who disagrees with you or uses methods that you don't agree with and you take a great delight in mocking everyone who you don't agree with.

If I get thrown of the forum for what I say now well and good,

I FEEL YOU'RE A FEW SANDWICHES SHORT OF A PICNIC

I wasn't going to post anything else regards ETS on the Forum but I feel I must apologise to those of you out there that couldn't care less what timing system fanciers use as this all seems to have started from a SIMPLE message I posted regards a TauRIS demo.

Sorry to those concerned.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to stop posting against this topic and perhaps certain members wouldn't have anything to rant about.........it's getting rather boring.

I can see how some members are having nothing to do with it and have already left the Forum.  

Roundo.