joint convoying

i hear there is supposedly a ommunique being hand delivered to the snrpc agm today. the content is allegedly a proposal for the snfc and the snrpc to get together on the same motor to tours. this same topic was being banded about as a fait accomplis at a funeral through the week. the llyod grossman analytical approach would have us look at the facts. snrpc. established 2005. membership circa 400.liquidity circa 25k. managed to provide a full race program each season. innovated what is seen by many as the outstanding trophy available in british racing with the inception of the gold medal for the reims winner. slver medals to each other national race winner. and bronze to each section winner. convoys of around 600 birds negotiating their way home under extreme testing condition. proving individual pigeons as the convoy does not allow followers. achieving everything that 600 mile flyers set out to achieve.this year the birds will be transported on the most modern transport available to the fancy worldwide. geraldy transporters circa 2008. innovated Wednesday marking thus reducing the length of stay in the basket by one day. Now snfc. established the turn of the 20 century. membership circa 1200 and falling.liquidy around 100k and falling by over 10% per annum. 2008 program. membership price increase £5 or 25%. late fee £10 or 66% increase. Joining Yb race £10 increase over 30%. prize money decrease by 25%. these are the facts for all to see before any debate or discussion.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hear there is supposedly a ommunique being hand delivered to the snrpc agm today. the content is allegedly a proposal for the snfc and the snrpc to get together on the same motor to tours. this same topic was being banded about as a fait accomplis at a funeral through the week. the llyod grossman analytical approach would have us look at the facts. snrpc. established 2005. membership circa 400.liquidity circa 25k. managed to provide a full race program each season. innovated what is seen by many as the outstanding trophy available in british racing with the inception of the gold medal for the reims winner. slver medals to each other national race winner. and bronze to each section winner. convoys of around 600 birds negotiating their way home under extreme testing condition. proving individual pigeons as the convoy does not allow followers. achieving everything that 600 mile flyers set out to achieve.this year the birds will be transported on the most modern transport available to the fancy worldwide. geraldy transporters circa 2008. innovated Wednesday marking thus reducing the length of stay in the basket by one day. Now snfc. established the turn of the 20 century. membership circa 1200 and falling.liquidy around 100k and falling by over 10% per annum. 2008 program. membership price increase £5 or 25%. late fee £10 or 66% increase. Joining Yb race £10 increase over 30%. prize money decrease by 25%. these are the facts for all to see before any debate or discussion.

very well putjohno but will the s.n.f.c.fanciers accept that or will the powers that be who have changed for the better manage to hammer it home to them we the s.n.r.p.c. have this meeting to-day and take in to consideration the way we were treated by a certain person who assume is not there any more after thursday night and other people who scorned us that it would not work have been proved totally wrong so there will still be members who will not take it kindly about getting to-gether again at any time we have the midland n.f.c. who we go with and the n.f.c. let them find out thereselves , we have the means of success with the fanciers we have let them get of there backside and find away to make money instead of loosing 15k a year as you said we are a healthy org now we don,t need dragged down

Their will only ever be 0ne Recognised National and that is The Scottish National Flying Club.I suspect that the reasoning behind the joint convoying is to score points as to the Best Pigeon in what ever club on the day.Some day in not the to distance future both sets of dismayed and disgruntled fanciers hopfully will be back racing again in harmony ,(if and when we can get rid off the politicians )who are ruining our hobby . :( :( :(

johno have noticed in my area west central scotland more fanciers competing at national level than ever before be it snfc or snrpc,irrespective of previous form or experience, i think the split between fanciers in scotland however strange this may sound has had a positive effect on national racing.your facts regarding the financial affairs of each organisation are a wee bit one sided, apples for apples not the case here,a massive difference between both organisations wouldnt you agree, as for joint convoying why not if it suits all parties and reduces costs for the fancy in scotland. :) :) :) :)

very well putjohno but will the s.n.f.c.fanciers accept that or will the powers that be who have changed for the better manage to hammer it home to them we the s.n.r.p.c. have this meeting to-day and take in to consideration the way we were treated by a certain person who assume is not there any more after thursday night and other people who scorned us that it would not work have been proved totally wrong so there will still be members who will not take it kindly about getting to-gether again at any time we have the midland n.f.c. who we go with and the n.f.c. let them find out thereselves , we have the means of success with the fanciers we have let them get of there backside and find away to make money instead of loosing 15k a year as you said we are a healthy org now we don,t need dragged down

Harry,

The old saying,"theres mair o us than you comes to mind. Also you lot are mostly old dinosaurs, and I'll bet you all your money that the SNFC lasts longer than the new lot.

one of the snrpc races 2007 had only 126 or there abouts.FACT.

practice what you preach jhono.

in saying that i wish the fanciers in scotland would STOP all this childish "we are better than you", crap attitude.

in the big picture of it all the sport in scotland is becoming a laughing stock.

all you guys seem to do is fight.

if you raced as well as you fought with one another my god you would have some racing.

sapper facts are as laid out. anyone who can prove them wrong feel free.

Never at any time said they were incorrect, you were the one that stated "if they,re wrong, they,re wrong" which means if that was the case, then they,re not facts, Now that is a fact ;D ;D ;D

jhono all the facts in your post are not facts ie:convoys of around 600.

well 126 in my book is not around 600.

but lets not get stupid.

the one fact i do know is that there are a lot of realy good fanciers up in scotland and no matter where they race the cream will come to the top.

but your thread is under the banner"joint convoying",may i ask what the financial situation of each club has to do with joint convoying.

surely if both clubs are at the same racepoint then it would make financial sense to convoy and liberate together.

if you dont do this then i can assure you that other fanciers both here in england and the rest of europe will only look on and say "those guys are only interested in politics not pigeons",

and i feel this would be totally unfair to the normal run of the mill back garden fancier who is more interested in pigeons and not the politics of pigeons.

and may i also say that i would state my life on it that if i were a fly on the wall at a commitee meeting for either club,snfc or snrpc and the topic of racepoints were being discussed that i would hear one or more officials saying something along the line of"we are not going to that racepoint,the other mob are there",.

to me there are two national racing clubs in scotland and surely for the financial state of both clubs go to the same inland race points and channel if possible and everyone would save money and there would be strength in numbers for the pigeons.

anyway jhono,are you for or against joint convoying and why?

8) 8) 8)here is a fact at no time at the meeting to-day was it discussed that the 2 nationals will be joint convoying,fact 2theletter you are going on about was race from germany in which the s.n.f.c. was wanting to speak to the officials of the s.n.r.p.c. about in the future as a race into scotland ,fact 3 at no time was the s.n.f.c. mentioned again till the end when a certain person,s name was mentioned as gone from the the said organisation,s doorstep for good  and if any these facts is wrong then i will retract them immediatly.  8) 8) 8)

:-/cricketer the joint convoying i think is only for the 600ml race,the rest of the countries in the uk find room for more than 1 distance club why should scotland be any different,yes i agree with some of your other points regarding politics etc but we in scotland have made our bed and must lie in it. :)

:-/cricketer the joint convoying i think is only for the 600ml race,the rest of the countries in the uk find room for more than 1 distance club why should scotland be any different,yes i agree with some of your other points regarding politics etc but we in scotland have made our bed and must lie in it. :)

may i point out to you the previous post at no time inthe meeting was it discussed to go to  TOURS WITH THE SNFC end of story.!!!  the s.n.r.p.c have other arrangements made with the race being from ST  NAZAIRE  

while there was a race with around 126 at it there have been other 500 mile races with around 600. i fail to understand how making people aware of facts is frightening so many people especially when some of these people do not race in scotland. i would suggest that any efficeint and prudent business would be very wary to get involved wih another similar type business that has repeatedly and consistently stood back and watched while loosing around 15000 pounds per annum on a turnoverof around 100k. . joint convoying should in a normal situation lead to economies o scale. reducing the real cost for those involved. one organisation while managing to convince all the feds in the shu to go to the coast on the same transporter has managed to produce a substantial loss leading to significant price increases. it would make more financial sense for people to examine the facts and make themselves aware of reality. this would lead to no price hikes and no subsidising innefficient and poorly run organisations.