snfc/snrpc

I would guess alex you were never told the right reasons why the clubs and the feds had a dispute and also the the same with the national , once you get that , then you will understand why the split  happened , and for the members who were hassling johno the same applys you were the ones that caused the split no one else you did,nt think it would materilise but you were wrong  , everything does not need to involve the shu the snfc have rules of there own when i was on they applied them and did,nt wait for the shu to be part of it , thats whats wrong to-day these numptys want to run everything you don,t have body onthe c/tee who can take a grip of things and go in the right direction sam ovens was was the man , but he was to good for you , he called a spade a spade half these guys its on just now are not worth the bother ,£ 150,000  was in the bank when the split took place

you have been losing £15 ,000  a year for the last 2  years that i know of and i can,t see much change this year if any , now you want to see the two org get to- gether  , your having a brain storm   ( i say again you were responsible you all turned up because kelly said so )  and thats what its all about other org doing WELL and you can,t except that , you will not get any reply to anything you post from me O.K.

you were the ones that spat out the dummy and walked out the meeting when you never got your own way.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chris i mean messac.......

Hope not , the members will decide what the race programme will be if they can be bothered to attend the meetings.

When the SNRPC was formed it was to be the next best thing since sliced bread with the view of promoting and encouraging long distance racing in Scotland...... not to be a sprint society

The Messac race is question or Cholet , St Nazaire , Tours or where ever the racepoint maybe have all been convoyed by other organisations so finance isn't an issue.......the feeling of winning one is magnificent.

My opinion is that there appears to be too many clubs chasing too few pigeons (and members). There are divisions and disagreements which help maintain the status quo, and that seems to suit some people.  But at the end of the day it'll come down to finance, it will become pretty costly to ferry a handful of pigeons each in a handful of transporters going to much the same areas in France. If they can't amalgamate outright, then joint convoying to keep transport costs down seems a reasonable alternative.

I would not like to see the inland Nationals dropped, and I think the current convoying of Federations should continue. I think the SNFC has gained membership and birdage from doing this, and Federations get to these longer races at reasonable cost. I know the argument that SNFC is a distance club = 500 miles, but members do use these 300 and 400 mile races in setting their candidates up for 500/600 miles, so for me the club should provide them. I'd also like to see Ypres adopted as a Yearling National, although I didn't get to it myself, it would be one for me for the future.

Haven't been to the channel races yet, working hard on next year, would like to see Tours marking more working-man friendly, as it was this year, maybe help with birdage. And yes, would like to see 700+ miles into Central belt too.

Derick i am not hell bent on nothing. i post facts for all to see. the current secretary of the snfc presided at the meeting that initiated the 10 year ban on me. the senior vice president was attentdant at that meeting and said nothing. i was involved in the snrpc transport when the person who proposed my ban won an snrpc inland national. gordon bought a yb from his pigeon i fed and watered it on a few occassions. while i accept i have no love for these individuals or the organisations they now drive please do not attempt to hood wink people with the idea that i have one agenda. the thing that is keeping the two nationals appart is the example being handed down from the ruling authority in scotland. the snfc now is setting the same example where there is open criticism of elected officials on forums like this and nothing is done. this does rile me a bit.  i was banned for ten years for doing exactly what you and kirky club are rightfully doing, refusing to go down the west route. as to agendas i think we all have our own agendas you included. we are free to make a choice and give our support to whichever individual or organisation we wish to. that is the way it should be. i am confident that example being set by the snrpc will encourage more and more people to join. that is my opinion and i am entiltled to hold. people will be joining the snrpc if they want to move into the fututre with confidence. whether anyone agrees or disagrees with this is irrelelvant as i am entitlted to hold my opinion. as an individual i think anyone who knows me knows i am much more capable than having one agenda.

chris,finance is an issue look at the balance sheets for each race last year its costing a fortune,while i dont hold stock for channel racing and even though they are costing the membership a fortune i still think we should give the guys the means to these races so to cover the loses these races are making and to help more peple race there should be 2 inlands and 2 channel,the national race program looking like this:

race1:newbury

race2:gold cup

race3:maidstone

race4:arras

race5:convoybirds only for guys that want to race nfc reg.m.    no prises given by club only prize from nfc.this would still be heavily subsidised by the numbers that went this year,24 pigeons @ £5 each=£120,that money has to cover prizes, transporation,collecting birds all over scotland marking stations paperwork cost of then driving them to crew and then driving back,these guys are realy lucky that all the members agreed to this,so a big thanks to all.

anyway chris i hope you dont work in finance or have your own buisness like myself as you cant count.

and the feeling of winning one must be great,but i get that feeling every other week at club and fed level,and if you ask most people if they realy are pigeon minded it feels great to win at any level.

and where i stay in the last 100 years thers only been a handfull of national winners as the logistic are not for us,but to be honest with you i think if you took the best fanciers from the west of scotland and put them to race in your loft they would have probably have won more nationals than you have at this bpoint in time.

that said with the greatest respect.

Derick i am not hell bent on nothing. i post facts for all to see. the current secretary of the snfc presided at the meeting that initiated the 10 year ban on me. the senior vice president was attentdant at that meeting and said nothing. i was involved in the snrpc transport when the person who proposed my ban won an snrpc inland national. gordon bought a yb from his pigeon i fed and watered it on a few occassions. while i accept i have no love for these individuals or the organisations they now drive please do not attempt to hood wink people with the idea that i have one agenda. the thing that is keeping the two nationals appart is the example being handed down from the ruling authority in scotland. the snfc now is setting the same example where there is open criticism of elected officials on forums like this and nothing is done. this does rile me a bit.  i was banned for ten years for doing exactly what you and kirky club are rightfully doing, refusing to go down the west route. as to agendas i think we all have our own agendas you included. we are free to make a choice and give our support to whichever individual or organisation we wish to. that is the way it should be. i am confident that example being set by the snrpc will encourage more and more people to join. that is my opinion and i am entiltled to hold. people will be joining the snrpc if they want to move into the fututre with confidence. whether anyone agrees or disagrees with this is irrelelvant as i am entitlted to hold my opinion. as an individual i think anyone who knows me knows i am much more capable than having one agenda.

I have one agenda and that is to enjoy racing pigeons until the day comes , when hopefully my grand children will take over and I can watch from the side lines. All this political stuff is harming the pigeon sport and that angers me.I live and breathe pigeons and it is a massive part of my life.When are we going to enjoy our hobby as we should and stop all this pathetic schoolboy  CRAP. Scotland is not big enough for 2 Nationals, everyone knows that.

Delboy,

Well said mate.Pigeons before fanciers.

We have indeed to work together for the future of our sport. This with a back drop of remarks derogative to clubs, and fed,and of course national clubs.

Fanciers on here wishing other fanciers a bad race.Why i can not understand.

Not very nice.

We do need to act soon in order to secure the future of our great sport.

Happy days

Rab Smith

I would guess alex you were never told the right reasons why the clubs and the feds had a dispute and also the the same with the national , once you get that , then you will understand why the split  happened , and for the members who were hassling johno the same applys you were the ones that caused the split no one else you did,nt think it would materilise but you were wrong  , everything does not need to involve the shu the snfc have rules of there own when i was on they applied them and did,nt wait for the shu to be part of it , thats whats wrong to-day these numptys want to run everything you don,t have body onthe c/tee who can take a grip of things and go in the right direction sam ovens was was the man , but he was to good for you , he called a spade a spade half these guys its on just now are not worth the bother ,£ 150,000  was in the bank when the split took place

you have been losing £15 ,000  a year for the last 2  years that i know of and i can,t see much change this year if any , now you want to see the two org get to- gether  , your having a brain storm   ( i say again you were responsible you all turned up because kelly said so )  and thats what its all about other org doing WELL and you can,t except that , you will not get any reply to anything you post from me O.K.

would you please read the opening part of this thread,i asked what i thought to be perfectly pertinant questions and looking for some answers how to take national racing forward in scotland,i never asked about shu,£ 150,000,committees,george kelly,sam ovens or numptys,so if you find the time i would appreciate your thoughts on the points at the start of the thread.cheers. :-/ :-/

a few thoughts.......

1. there are not enough fanciers or pigeons to support 2 national clubs in scotland.

2. the prestige of winning a national has been devalued by having 2 clubs. 3. snrpc members keep harping on about snfc membership being restricted to shu members yet to join the nfc you must be a rpra member. 4. if the infamous vote had gone the other way those who lost the vote would not have run off and formed another club. why not rejoin the snfc and try again

5. there are enough reasonably minded members in both clubs to get round the table and sort the differences out. its time for those who cant see the wood for the trees (in both nationals) to stand aside

i have read all the posts with a smile on my face firstly the inland nat that was our bigest mistake there is no such thing as a inland nat inland combine yes!! nat should be from the other side of the channel the so called inland nat is not the big money spinner for the snrpc as it was for the snfc so we should have made ours a true nat club and fly from the chanel as for joint transport you may not like it but the points johno has made are true nothing has changed since we left so WHY would the snrpc and its forward thinking feds want to go down that road we have first class transport of many sizes too suit any no of birds too any race now iam not against discussion taking place but there are some very important things have to be sorted out first to give the discusions any chance of success now some may not like that but that is fact the snrpc are best placed to take the racing forward with our transport but only time will tell if the snfc are the dog or the tail!!!!!

Guest bigda
i have read all the posts with a smile on my face firstly the inland nat that was our bigest mistake there is no such thing as a inland nat inland combine yes!! nat should be from the other side of the channel the so called inland nat is not the big money spinner for the snrpc as it was for the snfc so we should have made ours a true nat club and fly from the chanel as for joint transport you may not like it but the points johno has made are true nothing has changed since we left so WHY would the snrpc and its forward thinking feds want to go down that road we have first class transport of many sizes too suit any no of birds too any race now iam not against discussion taking place but there are some very important things have to be sorted out first to give the discusions any chance of success now some may not like that but that is fact the snrpc are best placed to take the racing forward with our transport but only time will tell if the snfc are the dog or the tail!!!!!

maybe another two years the tail will have fell of the dog :)

the snfc are a great club bigda if they were left to run it the way it should be run i have no beef with them thats what i was refering to iam not sure what you were?

i admire your sentements chris but iam sorry to tell  there are not ques of people to take thease jobs just the same at club level both nat have good committes are more than capable of running there clubs so i dont think that would help at all

Guest bigda
the snfc are a great club bigda if they were left to run it the way it should be run i have no beef with them thats what i was refering to iam not sure what you were?

yous guys have made the brake now and you know and i know it will never  join up it will run its course till there is only one club again that is the way the pigeon men are and nothing will change it

there are some Ive heared  refer to if i was in the other club i would have had this a mount of money and also heared it say if i was in that club i would have won the race the members will decide  by choosing a club when the going gets tuff and it will be last man standing :'( :'( :'( :'(

chris,finance is an issue look at the balance sheets for each race last year its costing a fortune,while i dont hold stock for channel racing and even though they are costing the membership a fortune i still think we should give the guys the means to these races so to cover the loses these races are making and to help more peple race there should be 2 inlands and 2 channel,the national race program looking like this:

race1:newbury

race2:gold cup

race3:maidstone

race4:arras

race5:convoybirds only for guys that want to race nfc reg.m.    no prises given by club only prize from nfc.this would still be heavily subsidised by the numbers that went this year,24 pigeons @ £5 each=£120,that money has to cover prizes, transporation,collecting birds all over scotland marking stations paperwork cost of then driving them to crew and then driving back,these guys are realy lucky that all the members agreed to this,so a big thanks to all.

anyway chris i hope you dont work in finance or have your own buisness like myself as you cant count.

and the feeling of winning one must be great,but i get that feeling every other week at club and fed level,and if you ask most people if they realy are pigeon minded it feels great to win at any level.

and where i stay in the last 100 years thers only been a handfull of national winners as the logistic are not for us,but to be honest with you i think if you took the best fanciers from the west of scotland and put them to race in your loft they would have probably have won more nationals than you have at this bpoint in time.

that said with the greatest respect.

Atlantic , cheers for your reply, I look at your race programme with interest , are you going to propose this for consideration at the race programme meeting ? Closing date fast approaching for proposals....

Personaly I do not agree with it, buts thats me,  the longest racepoint  in the past has produced the goods and gave the club its recognition , firstly from Cholet ...... (sorry couldn't resist , look at my avitar ) then the two wonderful performances from John Proctor as well as the other gallant birds that were timed. But if you say a huge chunk of the membership are wanting a 2nd inland national I expect to see more than the norm that usually attend the race programme meetings this year.

Finance....... stuff that , its for hooray henrys who think they can count,  I work for a nationwide / worldwide company and see the money boffins everyday telling me how run my department only to get a polite worded reply.

As for West section fanciers racing to my loft they are more than welcome , utmost respect for them, where do you reside ...... dont be shy. I would love a loft in the west.