Starting To Annoy Me Now!

greenlands

Bloody bad New Lindsay .Just over week ago I got hit by one .result one missing and two holed and still trembling yet. The gulls &crows were no where in sight that morning :( Just hope they come back home .It' sickening watching them attack the birds !!!!

Two more missing,birds exercising well,buzzards above them the hit by two F*****G peregrines,been gone a hour now ?

Looks like the only time they'll get out now is in the basket.expletive remove

Same here mate,made my mind up no ybs will be bred this year its all over for me after the OBs racing I aint rearing ybs to see them ripped to bits, like everyone else I love my birds and they have done well for me so no more as its now nothing short of cruelty, just my opinion.

Same here mate,made my mind up no ybs will be bred this year its all over for me after the OBs racing I aint rearing ybs to see them ripped to bits, like everyone else I love my birds and they have done well for me so no more as its now nothing short of cruelty, just my opinion.

Same here mate,think I'll race what's left of the old birds if that's possible,the few youngens that I have will hopefully get raced and that's me done with racers.

I have a couple of things in mind but that's close to my chest at the mo. :emoticon-0138-thinking::emoticon-0127-lipssealed::emoticon-0138-thinking:

It's the same everywhere these days , up in south lanarkshire where I stay the birds are getting chased everyday there out , and a know it's cruelty watching them get hit every day but instead of giving up hope we should be fighting these *expletive removed* anyway we can or before long none of use will be able to enjoy the sport we love IMO .

like i said dell the guys thats had there birds locked up all winter and are now just trying to get them out and fit are in for a shock it should have been sorted long ago imo

Same old same old Wattie.The problems not going to go away by itself m8.

Who's waiting for help.Don't jump to conclusions when you don't know the facts.

At least one's made it home.

It wasn't an assumption about you, it was a general one about the whole pigeon fancy.If you are trying your best then that's all we can ALL do.

No problem mate,not in the best of moods :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

its heart breaking lindsay i was getting hit at loft in the winter months so kept the birds in for a week and locked out 2 deterents everyday 6th day one went missing and the problem was moved on but another will take its place so i have to keep it up m8 if everyone worked this way it would help our cause but some choose to just hope it does not happen to them but it will at the loft training or racing there turn will come you reap what you sow m8

Bang on dell but the problem is there's not enough people dealing with there own area if only every1 would try even the smallest amount it would help

dead right guys

I reckon that it very close to being all over here in the Eastern Valley of South Wales. Earlier on we had the Peregrine attacking everything in sight but it is worse now because we have the Spar and his big brother the Gos attacking any bird they can see exercising.

Most pigeons around here, including mine, are so traumatised that they are scared of going outside the lofts. They only have to see a bird in the sky near them and they are diving for cover. I hope I am wrong but I can't see how birds like this could race. I would normally rear around 50 youngsters but I have stopped at 14 this year because like other people I hate to see them ripped to pieces. I have 28 racers which would normally do well but I doubt if they will be given a chance. Maybe I will challenge for the tiddly winks championship next year.

Some days I feel so angry that idiots can not only ruin our sport but kill thousands of song birds while they are doing it. I have always disliked the idea of blood sports that kill wild animals and birds but this is going to extremes. They are destroying a way of life for many of us. Stupid selfish gits. Bring back D.D.T. I say.

I have used rockets to get rid of the falcon and they work really well. I use CD discs and owl profiles to keep the Sar and the Gos away which again works well. The problem is that many of the local fanciers are losing heart and are likely to pack in. There is very poor competition around here as it is so if things get any worse it will not be worth bothering.

The other even bigger problem is that after pigeons have been scared by predators they are ruined for racing and I reckon that most pigeons have been chased either during training or during racing. I don't blame the pigeons for wanting to protect themselves from being attacked but a lot of them don't race any more. They will deliberately fly in bunches and dive into trees if they feel threatened neither of which is any good in terms of winning races. I heard today that a Spar flew into a person's kitchen through an open door in pursuit of a pigeon. I would be willing to bet that the pigeon will not want to risk exposing itself to a potential attack again so that is another one ruined.