Snydale Express Lines

philg50

100: right Robert I bought 4 direct never got a single bird to 100 Mls had direct from David fox and had a few winners in the club but nothing from the distance lovely looking birds and will fly all day for fun at the loft but that's where it stoped for me

I'm glad a stopped bidding on a son of Express at £260 in the Blackpool auction as I had doubts about whether they would cut the mustard to my area. A clubmate of mine was very friendly with Chris and also Pearson and Dransfield and had birds from both lofts with little success. That may have been a reflection on him as a fancier and not the birds.

Great reading Micheal and total respect to you and your birds,would you mind telling us your feeding system you used to get these results (if you don't mind)Thanks.

We Man I have been thinking what you have asked me. I change my methods every year but I used to be real hard with them around the loft. They were flagged for an hour evening and morning and ate as much as they liked. With peanuts galore the week of basketing. I think I was too hard with them but they were very good birds which came back.

MJB

We Man I have been thinking what you have asked me. I change my methods every year but I used to be real hard with them around the loft. They were flagged for an hour evening and morning and ate as much as they liked. With peanuts galore the week of basketing. I think I was too hard with them but they were very good birds which came back.

MJB

Thank you Michael, think I will be harder on mine this season maybe to soft on them at times,all the best to you.

MJB

Michael, how high would you rate Ch W/F Cock [ 15th Open Pau ] x Blue W/F Hen [ 7th Open Pau ] as a breeding pair ? As from what I have seen, going through pedigrees of the Fox pigeons they feature in virtually every pigeon.

That is Because Eric and David thought so too so bred many off them for the stock shed. Many of their stock flew out in the race lofts. I think they were great pigeons. But I handled many many birds at the lofts and they soon merge into one! If you know what I mean.

The 46th open red cock also featured too but nothing any good off him came my way. Or I lost them quickly!!

That is Because Eric and David thought so too so bred many off them for the stock shed. Many of their stock flew out in the race lofts. I think they were great pigeons. But I handled many many birds at the lofts and they soon merge into one! If you know what I mean.

The 46th open red cock also featured too but nothing any good off him came my way. Or I lost them quickly!!

I had 1 from the 46th open Pau Cock when paired with a hen that won the section from Nantes [ From 15th x 7th Pau pair ], he left 1 or 2 usefull pigeons.

I always remember Eric saying he was not as good as people thought. He only ever shown once in a smash. I only ever had one good bird from Eric that was FB FOXY. the FB stands for F####ing Brilliant. His sire was bred by Chris Gordon and his dam by Eric who won up to 580 miles MNFC. NFC races.

The hen which bred Eric the Viking was off a good bird named Dinkey who was a cripple. She was odd looking illness looking etc so I killed her. Then found out she had bred Eric the Viking. :cry-blow: :cry-blow:

I formed a family around FB Foxy, Boris and Shimwells red hen.

Walter I used to know all these off by heart once but time is the killer. The Jan Aarden were all from two birds from the Ponderosa stud. The first was a Van de Wegen who bred many good birds for me and others who had him including the then F & J Alstead. The second was a Van Wanroy which Pondersa gave me because I told them about the other cock who was breeding. The Van Wanroy bred many good birds for me. The 1st sec Pau 660 miles winner etc.

The Fed used to be the Derby Burton South Road Fed not sure how many birds were liberated but in 2001 it had reduced by loads and I can tell you just about 500 birds in the Fed. The NFC Pau race always has lots of birds going over 5,000 then.

I think the Ponderosa were are a great stud.

Hope this helps?

MJB

thankyou michael i had birds from the ponderosa 20 odd years ago and they were crackers and well done to you m8 great results