How Many Birds Have You Lost This Year Racing

Guest TAMMY_1

lost 2 at appleby ,4 charnock richard ,4 appleton all home from stafford total lost 10 in total .I have 14 left to race 3 out injured all races flown with fauldhouse club transported with the midland fed Has anybody heard how their meeting went tonight ?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should have disposed of the first time.....how many y/birds do yo have off them...?

just to say, Cause a pigeon makes a mistake doesnt make it a bad bird.. A hen of mine went missing from a training toss came back when i was short of hens, So i bred two ybs from her and they both scored, one scoring more than once. every birds deserves a 2nd chance ;)

How many birds have you actually lost racing this year so far ?[or is it a secret]

6 for us,

and as Alf asked in a post if everybody put up their losses/returns then everybody would see how many birds are actually being lost and from where

18 lost racing 3 training left with 5 once they go I am finished with it, giving my youngsters away getting rid of everything

just to say, Cause a pigeon makes a mistake doesnt make it a bad bird.. A hen of mine went missing from a training toss came back when i was short of hens, So i bred two ybs from her and they both scored, one scoring more than once. every birds deserves a 2nd chance ;)

you did not loose your hen she worked her way home....big difference

Lost my first bird from Wakefield on Saturday. Started with 25, still got 24. With the exception of 1 cock that was hawked they have been to all 5 races.

good to see that you have only dropped 1 bird....your left with some birds you can build from,can I ask why are you sending your whole team each week...? how many birds have taken positions in the first three in your club.I would suggest that you start selecting and setting your birds for nominated races rather than entering them all each week.....good luck.

4 from 6 races and tosses 3 at loft one to percy one to sparra hen and one to lampost with percy on its but

another one this aft noon from newark so down to 3 missing from 52 sent so they must be on the move guys some may turn up in the next few days when trainers or racers go over

Guest stb-

dunbar 10 sent 0 lost

st boswells 16 sent 0 lost

otterburn 36 sent 4 lost one of those 4 yr old reported dead with bop

aycliffe 24 sent 3 lost one back last week hawked

weatherby 16 sent 1 awol was the best racing cock in loft

newark 15 sent 7 awol

got my good 16 hen tonight flown right down but good to see her

she had been 1st 2nd 2nd 3rd in her past 4 races and was my fancy on sat .

also got one from ayecliffe half hour before her

you did not loose your hen she worked her way home....big difference

after she knocked, with 9/10 people she wouldn't have seen the light of day again. All i'm saying is that they always need a 2nd chance, And for a new fanciers to know that.

Aye but again your hen worked it out and came hame nobody knows why they ended up on the wrong path the difference is if she came home herself or in a courier box

Yeah totally agree, the hen mentioned is a 2010 bird, And she's still in the loft now. And i've got a 2012 bird from her coming well. I commented for the fact someone said about loosing a bird that had offended before they should have disposed of it.. And my hen is a perfect reason why you shouldn't do this

Just have to look at birds from all federations on the transporter at first races then look at federation birdage now and we are only at 200 mls tells its on story no hiding from figures lots of birds down nationwide must be frightening :emoticon-0138-thinking:

good to see that you have only dropped 1 bird....your left with some birds you can build from,can I ask why are you sending your whole team each week...? how many birds have taken positions in the first three in your club.I would suggest that you start selecting and setting your birds for nominated races rather than entering them all each week.....good luck.

I will split my team now and select individual birds for certain races. Have topped Federation twice this year and not been out of top 20 in any race.

I will split my team now and select individual birds for certain races. Have topped Federation twice this year and not been out of top 20 in any race.

[/quo

reads like you fly a good pigeon,you say that you have not been out of the top twenty this year,would that be club or fed. top twenty .....keep it up...good flying.more to the point good returns.

Yeah totally agree, the hen mentioned is a 2010 bird, And she's still in the loft now. And i've got a 2012 bird from her coming well. I commented for the fact someone said about loosing a bird that had offended before they should have disposed of it.. And my hen is a perfect reason why you shouldn't do this

did your hen find her own way back....or was she given a ride home in a wee van....?

Guest stb-

Rubbish Plenty good doo.s have been lost at training for one reason or another

correct charlie ye can loose doos at nearly every trainer here now with

the peregrine , i see the bassas are into everything thats flying last few days