Pigeon Health Questions For Walter

andy Burgess

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chad3646

true m8 lots of clubs dont even ask for your vaccination sheet any more to much hassle now

correct walter to much hassle

so allin all you would,nt know if they were jagged

can u tell me how we get ybs when we only jag our ybs 4weeks before first race and they pick it up when on darkness

ah think i know what your asking if you yb get it before there jagged your old birds have been in the basket with birds that have it and you carry it in to them on feet and clothes m8 derek when para first came out to show us how easy it spread they got a fancier who had para in his loft to sit across atable from another fancier and talked for five min after the five min a guy from the maff swabed the 2nd fanciers nostril and he had the virus in his nostril and they neaver even touched thats what were dealing with hear m8

I also agree as I was told by fanciers themselves that they dont vaccinate when birds reach 2 years old

i must be honest here buster and say that i dont see that as a big problem to others but i do know if old birds are not jagged and they get it there seasons finnished because it takes these old birds much longer to fight it off and even die so there just self harming if you like m8

sorry lads with all the feed back and pm ive mised the no one simptom and the biggest cause of adenovirus spreading vomiting up feed and lets be clear about one thing if a pigeon is vomiting its because its ill no other reason pigeons do not get travel sickness as i heard a fancier say at the national marking station when he saw his birds being sick and saw me looking i told him to take them home he would neaver see them again he was none to pleased but iwas not to tactfull thinking mine might be in a basket with his and this man is much better national flyer than me but that wouldnt be hard anyway i met him three weeks later when iwas out working he came over to me and said how did you know i did not get one till yesterday and it does not look to good i told him they had adenovirus not travel sickness and it affects some worse than others but if one has it they all have it i see the man on here an odd time if he would like to confirm this if not it will remain between us sick birds are vomiting up food in training vans and race baskets and thats one of the reasons that even if we vaccinate the correct way we can still get it when others dont so watch for it i dont pretend i have all the ansers i dont but when i see my birds vomiting i know whats coming and treat for secondery infection of which canker seems to be no one but when there imune systom is fighting the virus they are being attacked by everything so treat for everything till they get over it which if you lucky and catch it early might only take a week or two but dont let them out the loft or every bird in the loft is at risk good luck and be observant

Guest chad3646

walter after all this the secretaries should demand a vaccination sheet

but in saying that anyone can right a sheet out and get another so called fancier to sign it

so we are snookered

walter after all this the secretaries should demand a vaccination sheet

but in saying that anyone can right a sheet out and get another so called fancier to sign it

so we are snookered

true m8 but its not really proof as you sayany one can sign it i want faniers to want to do it to protect there own stock no matter what others do if they dont we all suffer

Guest chad3646

true m8 but its not really proof as you say any one can sign it I want fanciers to want to do it to protect there own stock no matter what others do if they don't we all suffer

you better put a C in faniers or you wll get pulled by you no who

ah think i know what your asking if you yb get it before there jagged your old birds have been in the basket with birds that have it and you carry it in to them on feet and clothes m8 derek when para first came out to show us how easy it spread they got a fancier who had para in his loft to sit across atable from another fancier and talked for five min after the five min a guy from the maff swabed the 2nd fanciers nostril and he had the virus in his nostril and they neaver even touched thats what were dealing with hear m8

cheers walter know what u mean now mate

cheers walter know what u mean now mate

your wellcome m8 im no expert and i dont have all the ansers but i can tell about all f k n problems cause ive had them lol and bythe way your right about nifura thats what they get now pity it was not about years ago but its hard to get billy 99 keeps me right with it

Guest geordiejen

as far as im aware as long as the vaccine is not contaminated by a dirty needle(been used to jab a bird)the vaccine should last.the way i do this is to draw out the vaccine,remove the syringe leaving the needle in the bottle and then put on another needle to jab the bird.when doing this you must make sure there is no air in the syringe.my vet told me even meds that are out of date will still work its all down to the uk laws.all meds must have a sell by date.

Guest dibble

anthony thankyou if the new starts do it right and know the pit falls maybe we can get the old heads to follow suit m8 this is the way we were told to do it when para myxo first came out every one took there birds to the club house or your club officials came to your loft and everyones birds were done within a week or two and there was no such thing as ybs that only came because we got lazy and started jagging to suit the fancier and not respecting the rules of what we were dealing with m8 ybs is a man made problem i know men that jagged there yb on friday aft noon and put them in the race basket that night

spot on that walter and a super read all of it well done

spot on that walter and a super read all of it well done

thankyou dibble but even after all the evidence i fear im banging my head against a brick wall some just will not see the truth when its in front of there eyes and will continue to put us all at risk it does not matter a dam what eny vet says they dont make the vaccine and the people who make it say the bottle should be used when opened if the maff got hold of this they would stop us racing

as far as im aware as long as the vaccine is not contaminated by a dirty needle(been used to jab a bird)the vaccine should last.the way i do this is to draw out the vaccine,remove the syringe leaving the needle in the bottle and then put on another needle to jab the bird.when doing this you must make sure there is no air in the syringe.my vet told me even meds that are out of date will still work its all down to the uk laws.all meds must have a sell by date.

thats just not right m8 as soon as you remove the syringe the air gets in the needle into the vial

• 2 weeks later...

This is what my vet says as well.She said it can last up to 1 year like this but says to customers its better used in 6 months.Food for thought anyway.

Guest chad3646

its a dead vaccine ,so what can happen to it

hi sammy regarding the dead vaccine iwent for my flu jag acouple of month,s ago

isaid to the nurse i have spoken to anumber of people about the flu vaccine and they said after i got the jag i had flu like sympton,s the nurse said i dont why that is because it is a dead vaccine

so where do you go from hear regarding the pigeon vaccine

hi sammy regarding the dead vaccine iwent for my flu jag acouple of month,s ago

isaid to the nurse i have spoken to anumber of people about the flu vaccine and they said after i got the jag i had flu like sympton,s the nurse said i dont why that is because it is a dead vaccine

so where do you go from hear regarding the pigeon vaccine

get the jab every year myself and yes have had symptoms but been able to fight it aff thats what the jab does to you it builds up anti bodies to anable your body to fight it off it dont mean yi dont take it ,the vaccine is the same builds up anti bodies in them and dont mean they dont take it but they can fight it aff

I used to get YBS every year and I have tried all sorts of preventions and cures. The Belgium Vet Henk De Weerd told me that the basic cause of YBS is PMV. He also explained that the vaccine can be used several times in one week if you want to try it. Since he told me all that I am careful to vaccinate all old birds before they are paired and the youngsters twice. Once at weaning and again about 4 weeks later. My youngsters are weaned onto deep litter and this acts as a probiotic which also helps their immune system. The 2 benefits that I have these days is that I don't get YBS and I never see wet droppings in the nests. Better still my old birds look great and do not seem to be under stress to rear their young.

get the jab every year myself and yes have had symptoms but been able to fight it aff thats what the jab does to you it builds up anti bodies to anable your body to fight it off it dont mean yi dont take it ,the vaccine is the same builds up anti bodies in them and dont mean they dont take it but they can fight it aff

nail on the head sammy thats what ive been trying to tell them and every time you vaccinate a bird it attacks every bird in the loft again and again some its hard to tell others dont look or handle right but train or race them and they cant take it you will throw good birds away and blame percy or bad race the only way to stop it is jag all or none and no one in britain should be vaccinating yb while old birds or yb are racing