Sparrow Hawk

peter2010

Let my young birds out today we're out about five mins when the sp hen had a go at them they ended up all over the place so to try and get them off the roofs and in as this was the furtherest most them had been I let my ob out and next thing it appeared from no where chasing one of my yearnings I ve lost three young birds but with it having appeared so soon I'm thinking it either had one or chased it somewhere. I've checked a few of the gardens but as you know you can't check them all totally sick

Guest H@wkBait

Hopefully you will see them tomorrow but this BOP problem certainly takes the enjoyment out of watching youngsters out

its getting almost impossible to let youngsters out that arent strong on the wing the days of squeekers running about the loft roof enjoying emsels b4 they can make it to house roof are long gone they cant get the peace they need

its getting almost impossible to let youngsters out that arent strong on the wing the days of squeekers running about the loft roof enjoying emsels b4 they can make it to house roof are long gone they cant get the peace they need

When you take the current thread on 'Crows' into consideration, I think you're right yb's need to be able to fly well before they are allowed outside. They need to be able to get themselves out of any bother they might find out there. Mine certainly are strong on the wing before they get out.

Unfortunately when you are breeding early it is one of the hazards you have to bear, we have nothing to fly for really so early breeding is not worth the aggro. Breeding in February would reduce the chances of attack by a minimum of 50%, probably more as it is usally the hen that does the damage before she lays.

Unfortunately when you are breeding early it is one of the hazards you have to bear, we have nothing to fly for really so early breeding is not worth the aggro. Breeding in February would reduce the chances of attack by a minimum of 50%, probably more as it is usally the hen that does the damage before she lays.

youve got a point there with the breeding time :emoticon-0138-thinking: