Drinkers Freezing

sapper756

As many fanciers prepare for the annual get together at Blackpool, some leave their birds to their own devices, so with the cold weather forecast, does anyone have any good tips to stop the drinkers freezing?

have had a few "tips" over the years ,but as yet ,found none of them to work :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

I empty them every night or take them in to the conservatory

how you going to that when your in Blackpool ?? some journey home each night :emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle:

Guest TAMMY_1

have had a few "tips" over the years ,but as yet ,found none of them to work :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

how you going to that when your in Blackpool ?? some journey home each night :emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle:

just over an hours drive Andy :emoticon-0140-rofl: but there are folk living in and they will do the same for us

Guest TAMMY_1

we have this every cold snap we get . never lasts longer than a couple of weeks anyway ,then we forget about it for another year. i said last time i was going to make a polystyrene surround for the drinker to sit in ............ have i done it = NO :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

you still have two days to get it done :emoticon-0140-rofl:

we have this every cold snap we get . never lasts longer than a couple of weeks anyway ,then we forget about it for another year. i said last time i was going to make a polystyrene surround for the drinker to sit in ............ have i done it = NO :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

this works m8, but make sure the birds cant get at it to pick, would choke them ,

this works m8, but make sure the birds cant get at it to pick, would choke them ,

dont have any polystyrene or ping-pong balls at the moment .have put cardboard over the vents in the stock loft and put a base of easi-bed beneath the drinkers ,will look later to see how they fair ?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Guest H@wkBait

dunno y yas stressing over frozen water unless yas arent giving yer birds fresh water each day if its gonna freeze empty em simple as if ur husbandry is spot on ul b filling em wi fresh water next day neway