East Or West

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well good to see the arguments about to start lol.

Surely by now, it is time to be honest and admit to onesself the truth. But I guess at days' end it is about Loft position and best forthe individual and not the birds, or the betterment of the sport and overall fanciers. I might be wrong... just might be. I was wrong once... I'd thought I was wrong about something ... but I was wrong lol

going west would suit me better guys in my fed that get 20 miles from me on east would give me miles and in a west wind they would be here first , but nope widny go doon the west again to many bad memorys way it in last 10 years :emoticon-0156-rain::emoticon-0156-rain: but its east for me

See , this is what happens, slagging matches start and ye dont get things sorted.I dont know about the Topic heading, EAST OR WEST, surely it should read, whats the best race points for returns?Everyone looking for wee advantages instead of the pigeons welfare.Do you know that if you run a line through lanarkshire to Ingleton and you continue the line right down, you end up at Eastbourne, so east v west is all crap.The doos fly across country anyway as it lies in a dog leg.Its only the pennines that we are thinking of here, which side they come up.This is determined mainly by the wind.

See , this is what happens, slagging matches start and ye dont get things sorted.I dont know about the Topic heading, EAST OR WEST, surely it should read, whats the best race points for returns?Everyone looking for wee advantages instead of the pigeons welfare.Do you know that if you run a line through lanarkshire to Ingleton and you continue the line right down, you end up at Eastbourne, so east v west is all crap.The doos fly across country anyway as it lies in a dog leg.Its only the pennines that we are thinking of here, which side they come up.This is determined mainly by the wind.

most sencible post for a while , if ye misses out some of the real bad bits it would be fine anyside , well as fine as it can be with the winged marauders every where

If my doos get let go at the same time, and the same place as everyone else's i'll be quite content to go anywhere, my only reasonably firm view is that we should start at around 90mls to Motherwell cross. Otherwise i have no strong opinions on the route or the race points used.

Quite fancy an Open race from one of the mid distance races voted in, say at around the distance of the Yearling Derby, i think this would bring something extra to the program and would attract a good entry, JOM mind!!

all the way to here at the foot hills

i dont see why all the west men dont get the boundry opend up hill billy land and glasgow renfrew should all get into for west flying as all the west men are no woried about results they just like flying the west route

i dont see why all the west men dont get the boundry opend up hill billy land and glasgow renfrew should all get into for west flying as all the west men are no woried about results they just like flying the west route

never happen there to feart of pool raids fae the hillbilly commanches :emoticon-0167-beer:

Edited by stb-

If my doos get let go at the same time, and the same place as everyone else's i'll be quite content to go anywhere, my only reasonably firm view is that we should start at around 90mls to Motherwell cross. Otherwise i have no strong opinions on the route or the race points used.

Quite fancy an Open race from one of the mid distance races voted in, say at around the distance of the Yearling Derby, i think this would bring something extra to the program and would attract a good entry, JOM mind!!

i said this in another post john an open race derby whatever u like but open to all the west section lofts ,at around 270/340 miles leicester or newbury right bang center of the country , a combine race ? ive said for years now that east is def best but after watchin the lanarkshire returns im now 50/50 .

Guest Gareth Rankin

East for me

George :o !! you've no been flying long enough to make a decision, and if i remember right your returns in the young bird races that you flew this year down the west were excellent. ;) ;)

cheers

Gareth

Lewis made a Gd point the other day the young birds have been trained down the west so maybe make for better old bird racing next season???

So what's your reason for voting East??

No really want to air them on the forum just to be shot down in flames by everyone as gareth said i have only raced a short time

For my 3 yb races i went last year i dropped 2 pigeons out of 27 i didn't have old birds too race then

you tell them George, EAST IS BEST, AND THE FED TOPPING MEN will tell you that also. they have proved that they have more birds that have went east left, so come along to the race agm and let it be known to the guys EAST is best and if its good enough, for the top fanciers in the fed, well what can i say.