S.P.D.S Please Read

david

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Davy Fleming

Hi Guys,

Yes just spoke to Linda Brooks who gave me Andrew Ormsby personal phone number but as yet he won't answer it. Also just off phone to SPCA Inspector who is now fully aware of the situation and trying to get in touch with the Liquidators as of this second and she promised a return phone call ASAP on the matter so will post a message the second I get anything what so ever. no matter how small it is.

Full credit to you Frank for trying mate. Well Done

Well done Davy , at the end of the day if one bird suffers it's one too many , It's pretty obvious that there will be birds somewhere as they collected right up to liquidisers been in . Also well done Frank for trying . :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Guest Davy Fleming

After having made a few very discreet enquires I managed to get Andrew Ormsby to pick up a phone and have now got and passed on to the S.P.C.A. Liquidators Name, Phone Number, Andrew Ormsbys phone number and there also 2 girls still WORKING in the office but won't answer the phone or door. So fingers crossed and let u know the outcome.

Don't thank me guys but just want to help others who have lost there birds

But your the only one kicking doors down to help these poor birds so credit where it's due :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Guest Northerner

Hello all I am working in Elgin and staying in Aberdeen,Coming down to Cumbernauld on Friday (Home) if I can help anybody then PM me Cheers Lads.

John

Hi

I purchased a pigeon from the Ayrshire auction last weekend and am unable to get a carrier to take north. Is there any way you could pick it up for me if you are in the area and I'll come to Elgin and get it from you?

Yours desperately

Northerner

Guest Davy Fleming

Spoke to the Inspector who was dealing with this about 8pm tonight and she said she finally got in touch with the Administrators who had in turn contacted the owners of SPDS and they assured her any pigeons that were picked up but not delivered has in fact been released SOMEWHERE.

So that seems to be the end of it just release the birds anywhere just open the boxes and let them out HEY. Superb. Would still give them a few months in BAR-L beside the rest of the bandits.

Guest Gareth Rankin

Spoke to the Inspector who was dealing with this about 8pm tonight and she said she finally got in touch with the Administrators who had in turn contacted the owners of SPDS and they assured her any pigeons that were picked up but not delivered has in fact been released SOMEWHERE.

So that seems to be the end of it just release the birds anywhere just open the boxes and let them out HEY. Superb. Would still give them a few months in BAR-L beside the rest of the bandits.

So someone pays 300.00 on a latebred that's just out of the nest and it gets tossed out of the box.

Was the owner of SPDS not a fancier himself.?????

Guest Davy Fleming

???????? I don't know where Andrew Ormsby was at time of me speaking to him but did hear (very clearly) a Female on another line arranging with someone regarding a delivery this coming Thursday but couldn't say or don't know what it was about but all seemed to very busy in the background. So the mind boggles.

???????? I don't know where Andrew Ormsby was at time of me speaking to him but did hear (very clearly) a Female on another line arranging with someone regarding a delivery this coming Thursday but couldn't say or don't know what it was about but all seemed to very busy in the background. So the mind boggles.

SPDS is a 'parcels' delivery service so would expect a lot of deliveries to be affected by this - that's maybe what you overheard on the phone. Agree that they're handling of the pigeons caught up in it has been shoddy, but releasing them does sound as if it was based on the belief that the pigeons would make their way back home, and the firm thought it was doing its best for them in the circumstances.

Also well done on your follow-up on this. News first broke on here on Monday with a driver returning the pigeon he'd uplifted earlier. Based on that I believed all pigeons were cleared on Monday, and didn't feel there was a need to do anything else. It is beyond belief the firm continued to collect birds on Tuesday.

Can't lay my hands on the document the driver left with me on my last delivery - but (1) there is a compensation scheme for birds the firm lose in transit and (2) they can be sued for breach of contract as releasing the birds is a clear breach of the contractual promise to deliver the birds. Seems too it's a Receivership and not a Liquidation, so claims (for payment) can be addressed to them.

SPDS is a 'parcels' delivery service so would expect a lot of deliveries to be affected by this - that's maybe what you overheard on the phone. Agree that they're handling of the pigeons caught up in it has been shoddy, but releasing them does sound as if it was based on the belief that the pigeons would make their way back home, and the firm thought it was doing its best for them in the circumstances.

Also well done on your follow-up on this. News first broke on here on Monday with a driver returning the pigeon he'd uplifted earlier. Based on that I believed all pigeons were cleared on Monday, and didn't feel there was a need to do anything else. It is beyond belief the firm continued to collect birds on Tuesday.

Can't lay my hands on the document the driver left with me on my last delivery - but (1) there is a compensation scheme for birds the firm lose in transit and (2) they can be sued for breach of contract as releasing the birds is a clear breach of the contractual promise to deliver the birds. Seems too it's a Receivership and not a Liquidation, so claims (for payment) can be addressed to them.

yup but can you actually see them having this insurance on a liquidised company ?????? usually when moneys tight and they cut back and cut corners that's the first thing to go , no doubt if this company's failed they'll probably set up under another name but how the hell would a latebred fly home from been released ???? anyway this was a sham hope everyone that had birds travelling with them have received what they paid for or get compensation one way or another ;)

Guest paulrstokes

I would doubt compensation would be payable.

Usually when a firm is in administration after the liquidators have taken all of their fees, they usually offer something like 5pence for every £1.00 owed.

Best of Luck

yup but can you actually see them having this insurance on a liquidised company ?????? usually when moneys tight and they cut back and cut corners that's the first thing to go , no doubt if this company's failed they'll probably set up under another name but how the hell would a latebred fly home from been released ???? anyway this was a sham hope everyone that had birds travelling with them have received what they paid for or get compensation one way or another ;)

If there are Administraters in, they are trying to get a new buyer for the Company, they are not liqudating it, (selling off assets to pay for company's debts).

The company had no right to liberate the birds, they didn't know the invidividual bird's circumstances, could have been just as you say, a bird that had never been outside before, an injured bird anything - the only knowledge they had of them was where they were going from & to and that they were fit to travel on an overnight journey without food and water - and in liberating them they may also have infringed their animal carriers license. I hope the RSPCA have a full understanding of what has happened here and are going to prosecute this case.

Surely the easiest thing to do was contact one of the local fanciers who just had birds uplifted and ask them for help which would have had an immediate response.It smacks of take the cash and to hell with you, after a decent service it's put a massive dent in their past reputation

what ever happens this is shocking that they would just release the birds

surely they must know the possibility that some of these birds could be worth 1000s of pounds :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Also not forgetting that half of them could have been fancy pigeons that aren't bred for flying, just glad i didn't send any as they would be walking around somewhere :(

• 2 weeks later...

With SPDS going into liquidation, what is now the best way to courier birds within Scotland?http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/scotland.gif

UK PIGEON COURIERS.

COVERING;ENGLAND,WALES,SCOTLAND,and IRELAND (EUROPE BY ARRANGEMENT) ENGLAND and WALES, FROM £35, SCOTLAND FROM £40

OFFICE HOURS 9am to 5pm MONDAY to FRIDAY

TEL/0845 409 3582 or 01260 273433 email:info@ukpigeoncouriers.co.uk

UK PIGEON COURIERS.

COVERING;ENGLAND,WALES,SCOTLAND,and IRELAND (EUROPE BY ARRANGEMENT) ENGLAND and WALES, FROM £35, SCOTLAND FROM £40

OFFICE HOURS 9am to 5pm MONDAY to FRIDAY

TEL/0845 409 3582 or 01260 273433 email:info@ukpigeoncouriers.co.uk

quite an increase on the £15 SPDS charged for transporting birds within Scotlandhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0126-nerd.gif