Master Timers?

Guest spin cycle

Guest spin cycle

with the advent of ets and radio clocks why do clubs using conventional clocks need a master timer? surely you could just strike the clocks off against a radio signal clock?? answers on a postcard :emoticon-0157-sun:

with the advent of ets and radio clocks why do clubs using conventional clocks need a master timer? surely you could just strike the clocks off against a radio signal clock?? answers on a postcard :emoticon-0157-sun:

qu you need your master timer print out for your fed and control strikes with fed, ets srike off sheets are sent to fed.

Can anyone tell me how you prove your ETS was actually struck in conjunction with your master ??????

the stamp print on the master timer, we do it with 3 members present, the president has possession of the master timer, and myself and fifer do the ets, so no birds go through, until all 3 of us are present and the strike off takes place, both at basketing and clocks off.

That is NOT conclusive proof Brian

Three guys can easy make that up ?????

3 guys can also say, a bird had a rubber onhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0126-nerd.gif

there has to be an element of trusthttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0126-nerd.gif

Edited by sapper756

Can anyone tell me how you prove your ETS was actually struck in conjunction with your master ??????

under our R.P.R.A rule master is struck with (tim) and ets by radio signal, but thay are concidering allowing all clocks to be struck against the radio signal.

Not sure if this is what your getting at but when you set up the Bricon eqipment for marking it prints out a A4 sheet with the actual setting time and date of when the base was syncronised with the radio clock or GPS receiver.

as long as the clock setter notes the time the clocks are struck there is no reason a radio clock cannot be used.

Some Feds and also the NFC require the role off of the master timer to be sent in with the paperwork from clock stations if ordinary clocks are used.

you do not need to use a master timer with ets if you use a radio control clock under shu rules passed at the last agm

Clubs with Electronic Radio Clock Master Timer do not require to get checks

from Federation Master Timers but must have their radio clocks checked and

registered annually by the Federation,Except benzing ets, and you dont need a master timer for manual clocks if your club has a radio clock :scotland:

Guest spin cycle

some interesting replies thanks :emoticon-0157-sun: i suppose any system relies on honesty and trust to a degree but i'd've thought striking all the clocks against a radio timer is as secure as any. certainly save some work/hassle :)

We use master timers on marking Night ! Some feds and combines race to 3 decimal points, lofts are pricked on a map but are not gaurenteed measurements, yet all the feds and combines i race in let the birds go on the say so of the conveyors watch so a few seconds on a master timer does it realy matter that much as long as your all stuck together?