Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya

sapper756

Allied fighter jets have taken to the skies over Libya after leader Muammar Gaddafi apparently defied the UN’s demand that he stop attacking his own people.

British ships are also involved in a naval blockade of the country, sources told Sky News, as the world launched a co-ordinated response based on an earlier UN resolution to protect Libyan civilians.A French defence official also confirmed one of their fighter jets had fired on a Libyan military vehicle.

News of the developments emerged after a summit of world leaders on the conflict was held in Paris, hosted by Nicolas Sarkozy.

Leaders of nations supporting the UN-backed no-fly zone warned after the meeting that "immediate military action" would be taken because of ceasefire breaches.

earlier today;

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2011/Mar/Week3/15955718.jpg

The pilot can be seen ejecting moments before the crash

Edited by sapper756

So this Country is broke is it? What they heck are we doing messing about with other people's fights. They sacked the trainee pilots in the worst possible way then they reduced the planes, followed by making soldiers redundant. We have sacrificed the pick of our young lives in the Middle East for nothing much already and payed out a fortune to keep the Immigrants in idleness, yet we think it is acceptable to pay in more young lives and money that we do not have.

This Government is as mad and bad as the last one. Now the truth is coming out about the Tuition Fees. The average Grad will have to pay around £84,000 back to put more money into the greedy Bankers' pockets. Of course the young people from rich families will pay there tab without a problem and do very nicely thankyou. Meanwhile the Polititians are making fortunes out of Europe. No wonder they will not hear of getting us out, they have too much to loose. Soon the fuel costs will be crippling and water bills will be sky high but we still think it is OK to pay European workers Family Credits to further encourage them to come and work below the minimum wage levels. However, we still want to show the World how clever we are by spending on something like this adventure. This Government have been watching too many American Films and imagine themselves as Rambo. We must be soft to put up with this rubbish.

David Cameron has promised that Libya will not become "another Iraq" - as British military jets prepare to enforce a no-fly zone over the North African country.

Speaking at the Scottish Conservative spring conference in Perth, the Prime Minister said it was "right" to join international operations to stop the "inhumanity" in Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's Libya.However, Mr Cameron insisted the intervention will not become "another Iraq".

In his address, the Prime Minister said the UN resolution makes it "quite clear there will be no foreign occupation of Libya".

He said: "The people of Libya don't want that, and neither do the UK and its allies. It is not going to happen.

"And it is not just that this time, the action has the full and unambiguous legal authority of the United Nations, nor is it just that this time it is backed by Arab countries, and by a broad international coalition.

So this Country is broke is it? What they heck are we doing messing about with other people's fights. They sacked the trainee pilots in the worst possible way then they reduced the planes, followed by making soldiers redundant. We have sacrificed the pick of our young lives in the Middle East for nothing much already and payed out a fortune to keep the Immigrants in idleness, yet we think it is acceptable to pay in more young lives and money that we do not have.

This Government is as mad and bad as the last one. Now the truth is coming out about the Tuition Fees. The average Grad will have to pay around £84,000 back to put more money into the greedy Bankers' pockets. Of course the young people from rich families will pay there tab without a problem and do very nicely thankyou. Meanwhile the Polititians are making fortunes out of Europe. No wonder they will not hear of getting us out, they have too much to loose. Soon the fuel costs will be crippling and water bills will be sky high but we still think it is OK to pay European workers Family Credits to further encourage them to come and work below the minimum wage levels. However, we still want to show the World how clever we are by spending on something like this adventure. This Government have been watching too many American Films and imagine themselves as Rambo. We must be soft to put up with this rubbish.

well said Owen. so the money they have stolen from us up to now

will go to fuel another war what kind of ass holes have we got

running this country .the killing in his country has been going on for years,he should have been taken out a long time ago.

Good post Owen,we're too busy kissing arses (yanks etc.) rather than kicking them.Then again we've nothing left to kick arses with this so called government's scrapped anything of use.

Good Post ,We are being governed by another Maggie thatcher in trousers God we must have short memories remember last time Falklands War ,Pole Tax ,Mortgage Rate 18 and half % We are always sticking our noses into other peoples wars because of what OIL OIL OIL ,Wasn't long ago the last lot were freeing a mass murderer who blew a jet to bits over Lockerbie ,Blood on there hands the lot of them :emoticon-0179-headbang:

Guest homestead

Good post Owen :emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping:

Guest homestead

David Cameron has promised that Libya will not become "another Iraq" - as British military jets prepare to enforce a no-fly zone over the North African country.

Speaking at the Scottish Conservative spring conference in Perth, the Prime Minister said it was "right" to join international operations to stop the "inhumanity" in Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's Libya.However, Mr Cameron insisted the intervention will not become "another Iraq".

In his address, the Prime Minister said the UN resolution makes it "quite clear there will be no foreign occupation of Libya".

He said: "The people of Libya don't want that, and neither do the UK and its allies. It is not going to happen.

"And it is not just that this time, the action has the full and unambiguous legal authority of the United Nations, nor is it just that this time it is backed by Arab countries, and by a broad international coalition.

How many nations are in the UN ... WHY Btitain again... HOW much is this costing... ?????? :angry:

How many nations are in the UN ... WHY Btitain again... HOW much is this costing... ?????? :angry:

Why are the ARAB nations not getting involved?(yet again)http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0138-thinking.gif

lets have a look at the WHOLE picture here. Yes its unfortunate that our forces are being called upon, but the reason surely is to stabilise a country that's being led by a tyrant. If these countries were permitted to carry out these types of acts AGAINST THERE OWN, can u imagine what that could escalate into. Our forces are not only involved in our countries affairs but also world affairs, so that we can live a reasonably safe life. This my opinion only, please respect it as that, thank you, alex.

lets have a look at the WHOLE picture here. Yes its unfortunate that our forces are being called upon, but the reason surely is to stabilise a country that's being led by a tyrant. If these countries were permitted to carry out these types of acts AGAINST THERE OWN, can u imagine what that could escalate into. Our forces are not only involved in our countries affairs but also world affairs, so that we can live a reasonably safe life. This my opinion only, please respect it as that, thank you, alex.

I agree with you. I think our best modern role is peace keeper under UN mandate as we were e.g. in Balkans, preventing ethic minorities being 'cleansed'in a civil war. Yes, that's a very difficult job, but when 6000 unarmed men & boys were massacred by the Serb Army at Sebrenica (spelling)it shows that it is very worthwhile if you can stop atrocities like that from happening.

Guest spin cycle

as the sites token 'tory' i don't agree with the intervention.....hard as it is it is no longer our job to 'police' the world. i didn't agree with the second iraq invasion or the balkans either. its hard watching innocents suffer but we shouldn't get involved IMO

We have to take on this Tyrant to stop him killing his own civillians what ever it takes.The UN Security Council Resolution gives us the right to do that.

Here pass him his coffee.

Are the UN paying for us to kill and rob Libya? Of course not we will make a fortune out of killing thousands upon thousands.

Stop the killings!!! having a laff eh. Plenty of very much worse ethnic and greed killings many times worse EVERY day!.... but no wealth. Like Mugarbee and Zimbabbee etc. Look at the atrocities the JEW do every DAY with our and the USA's backing against the Arab worlds. - No no Oil! Costs us so we can have US troops and air force stations over there etc.

Like Saddam Hussein said. I' have no WMD. and well you know it.... He hadn't of course and we knew it. Can't stop you coming in to pinch my oil, but you will have it hard to get out. Again very true!

We did nothing to help the 100,000 Marsh People after we incited them to rise up against Saddam... and the reason we went to war? Well officially it was because Saddam put a stop to Kuwait drill under and pinching his oil! Like Iran keeps tell us we are taking too much. USA are over a $75 trillion dollars and us...

Save lives, what a sad joke... it was well documented. Saddam killed and estimated 100,000 to 200,000. Bad, but within the first 3 month we killed with knock on effect 4 000,000 yes 4 million. Sewage /Hospitals, sanitation, electric, gas, contaminated waters etc. etc. etc. etc Food shortages which we keep stump about. Go and sort out Magarbee first I say if you want to waste our money on another good deed.

And just who do you thing will die when we bomb and strike these places! Civilians and enforced service men and woman and KIDS alike that’s who. Definitely a lot more than if we staye out and minded our own business instead of stirring up trouble and strife over there.

as the sites token 'tory' i don't agree with the intervention.....hard as it is it is no longer our job to 'police' the world. i didn't agree with the second iraq invasion or the balkans either. its hard watching innocents suffer but we shouldn't get involved IMO

TORY, when does that come into it when humans are being slaughtered. See thats what happens on this site at times, people just cant help themselves to categorise, even when they dont have a clue who they are talking to, which is sad. who should police the world??? or do we just let these killers go their merry way and let them do as they please?i,d rather it be kept in control.

Guest spin cycle

TORY, when does that come into it when humans are being slaughtered. See thats what happens on this site at times, people just cant help themselves to categorise, even when they dont have a clue who they are talking to, which is sad. who should police the world??? or do we just let these killers go their merry way and let them do as they please?i,d rather it be kept in control.

sorry alex i didn't put it very well....i meant i'm very much in the minority on here...and as it is a 'tory.ish' govt. i don't support the intervention because its a 'civil war' and that IMO sets it apart from example the falklands or first gulf war where nations were invaded by neighbouring countries. if we are to police the world then why havn't we sorted out mugabe? in the end its just JMO and i didn't mean to offend

sorry alex i didn't put it very well....i meant i'm very much in the minority on here...and as it is a 'tory.ish' govt. i don't support the intervention because its a 'civil war' and that IMO sets it apart from example the falklands or first gulf war where nations were invaded by neighbouring countries. if we are to police the world then why havn't we sorted out mugabe? in the end its just JMO and i didn't mean to offend

No need to apologise mucker, we all have views/opinions, i got confused lol.. I was involved in the first gulf war, where in my eyes we made a total balls up of it. bush senior fecked up the first and bush junior went back to finish what daddy didnt finished, but he just slaughtered our own. When my mate got killed in bosnia i left the army, as i didnt want involved in putting my neck on the line for every tom dick and harry that couldnt sort their own shiite out. I wouldnt join the forces at any cost now a days as its a different way of working, but unfortunately i want my wee boy to live in relative safety, and we need to have a safe world to do that. Mission impossible me thinks, when it comes to likes of muggabe, gaddafi ect. when will it ever end? i,ll just keep working as a gas engineer, its safer lol. atb alex.

No need to apologise mucker, we all have views/opinions, i got confused lol.. I was involved in the first gulf war, where in my eyes we made a total balls up of it. bush senior fecked up the first and bush junior went back to finish what daddy didnt finished, but he just slaughtered our own. When my mate got killed in bosnia i left the army, as i didnt want involved in putting my neck on the line for every tom dick and harry that couldnt sort their own shiite out. I wouldnt join the forces at any cost now a days as its a different way of working, but unfortunately i want my wee boy to live in relative safety, and we need to have a safe world to do that. Mission impossible me thinks, when it comes to likes of muggabe, gaddafi ect. when will it ever end? i,ll just keep working as a gas engineer, its safer lol. atb alex.

bigger problem 20 miles away from u across the water with genetical genocide going and no intervention if a protestant marries a catholic the children must by law be brought up in the faith ie roman catholic that is roman law and law of eire which effectually means the protestants will soon no longer exist do u think this is right in this day and age not right imo

The UN are bombing to stop gadaffi killing his own people.....? i think the bombs which have been dropped on behalf of the UN will have killed more civilians than gadaffi has. The only reason we are getting involved is for oil, nothing else.........

If gadaffi is such a bad man, why was it Tony Blair was so friendly with him, doing oil deals for B.P. so he would get his million pound bonus......? and also handing over the murdering lockerby bomber under some scam lies he had cancer and had only weeks to live....?

Time to face it, this country`s governments past and present are corrupt.

Defiant Gaddafi pledges victory

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/51795000/jpg/_51795204_51795203.jpg

The Libyan leader, Col Muammar Gaddafi, has appeared at a site in Tripoli that was recently attacked by the Western coalition and told his followers: "We will be victorious in the end."

In a brief speech at the Bab al-Aziziya compound, targeted on Sunday, he said "all Islamic armies" should join him.

Forces loyal to Col Gaddafi are engaged in fierce fighting with rebels.