My Latest Photo

johnny11

Guest Hjaltland

I hope you'll accept a little constructive criticism...

The basic photo is fairly good although on my monitor it could do with slight improvement in contrast and highlight in the eye which would give the bird a bit more life. There has been an over-use of the sharpening tool, I'm aware of the sharpening distortion around the pigeon and text.. this maybe is a result of reducing the file size for this website but the fact is you should look out for this when using sharpening facilities and be able to remedy that problem by correct use of the image editing software.

I'm not a fan of cut and paste in this context, it does seem to be the fashion to use backgrounds like this especially nowadays when there are so many image editing packages available, I find it distracting and much prefer the traditional plain background (e.g. Anthony Bolton) approach to this... but thats just an old fogie talkin..

Well done on the effort - you did ask for feedback so I hope you take this in the spirit it was given..

BTW its a fine lookin pigeon.

All the best

Kenny Gifford

Kenny Cheers

The sharpening tool is just something I have been trying to get used to. I have been experiemnting with the high pass and the straight sharpening filter tools.

Im really glad someone has commented on this. The reason it is cut and pasted as is as you say it seems more and more people want this. My box does not have a contrasting background yet, its still white and the pigeon does not stand as so good as it would on a blue background. Im still trying to get the lighting spot on, which needs improving and hopefully this will improve the contrast in the eye

John