Does The Snfc Need New Transportation ?

Delboy

Could be said that there are not that many 2 year olds about for the channel because they have been lost in the Inland Nationals the year before.

Lots of good birds lost now Gareth,we are only playing the percentage game look how many

birds have went down going for gold award or an average cup they don't suddenly become bad

doos ,just run out of luck ,as for transporter prob better just hiring good ones then no upkeep

the one that picked our birds up for inland race had lot to be desired regarding width of

passageway to drinkers ,would have been better of taking our own .

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the s.n.f.c do need a more modern transporter.i was speaking to the conveyor at musselburgh .he was explaining how on hot days waiting to liberate birds he pulls evry 2nd basket out so far to let what air their is gets better circulation round the transporter. then their drinker is put on the rear end of the basket i think 1 drinker per basket (might be wrong) then hand filled. don,t get me wrong the conveyors do a brilliant job with the amenities they have .this is how the best distance birds in Scotland are transported. now look at some of the transporters that are used in England self leveling so as water is on 3 sides of basket even through transport. then their is the air conditioning that thees motors have it is excellent. so i think with the money that is generated through the s.n.f.c. season plus what is in the bank is asking for a new more modern transporter to much to ask to make life a wee bit better for our best pigeons.

i think the s.n.f.c do need a more modern transporter.i was speaking to the conveyor at musselburgh .he was explaining how on hot days waiting to liberate birds he pulls evry 2nd basket out so far to let what air their is gets better circulation round the transporter. then their drinker is put on the rear end of the basket i think 1 drinker per basket (might be wrong) then hand filled. don,t get me wrong the conveyors do a brilliant job with the amenities they have .this is how the best distance birds in Scotland are transported. now look at some of the transporters that are used in England self leveling so as water is on 3 sides of basket even through transport. then their is the air conditioning that thees motors have it is excellent. so i think with the money that is generated through the s.n.f.c. season plus what is in the bank is asking for a new more modern transporter to much to ask to make life a wee bit better for our best pigeons.

Well said we should be fully backing the convoyers they are the men who no what is required .

bad call jade, its alright fleecing the lanarkshire,

but dont want the lanarkshire to make money at your expence, its all coming out now is it not think the lanarkshire has now seen, the tail wag the dog,

i just think the basket hire, and hall hire, have just doubled to recoup loses for the lanarkshire fed

who said anything about lanarkshire not me anyway

no good rubishing the other national, when there are members of your own union flying in both, and you allow it

wrong again!!! where did i rubbish the other national. all i said was to point out that if you impose a birdage limit there is an alternative inland national. i dont care about the politics of it unlike you i just want to race my doos

wrong again!!! where did i rubbish the other national. all i said was to point out that if you impose a birdage limit there is an alternative inland national. i don't care about the politics of it unlike you i just want to race my doos

might not seem like it to you jade, but you have already made a politacal statement, when you said a alternative union will gain from it and as you say just want to race your doos, that should always be your comment then

might not seem like it to you jade, but you have already made a politacal statement, when you said a alternative union will gain from it and as you say just want to race your doos, that should always be your comment then

I think you need to read the post again and then you will clearly see that Jade's is a business case statement: put in other words if SNFC fail to provide for a market that makes it a good profit, then its competitors will move in and corner that market, the income will be lost and SNFC finances will suffer.

I think you need to read the post again and then you will clearly see that Jade's is a business case statement: put in other words if SNFC fail to provide for a market that makes it a good profit, then its competitors will move in and corner that market, the income will be lost and SNFC finances will suffer.

if it was only meant, in the right context yes

but they sanction dual membership, what then ends up as there are less birds going to the one or other races, as they have split there teams, in one they fly for a bag of feeding, and in the other they fly for sales, bigda as is

but they sanction dual membership, what then ends up as there are less birds going to the one or other races, as they have split there teams, in one they fly for a bag of feeding, and in the other they fly for sales, bigda as is

I don't know who 'they' are or what 'dual membership' has to do with the transportation of pigeons, but 'dual membership' was your input and basically what club memberships people hold is their right, and frankly none of anybody else's business.

the more you say the more ridiculous you sound. IB obvioiusly understands what i am saying and has explained to you in simple terms so i will leave it at that

As far back as i can remember Lanarkshire have used the same style of trailer to transport the birds, i went round in the wagon on Friday nights with my Da picking the doos up from the clubs. There were THOUSANDS more doos racing then than they are now, the difference now being returns from races are far worse than in the 70's. My point here is in those days every loft in the place had an abundance of old birds because it was harder to lose them, this however has nothing to do with transportation, its to do with what affects the doos AFTER they are released and NOTHING to do with how we transport them. jmo

As far back as i can remember Lanarkshire have used the same style of trailer to transport the birds, i went round in the wagon on Friday nights with my Da picking the doos up from the clubs. There were THOUSANDS more doos racing then than they are now, the difference now being returns from races are far worse than in the 70's. My point here is in those days every loft in the place had an abundance of old birds because it was harder to lose them, this however has nothing to do with transportation, its to do with what affects the doos AFTER they are released and NOTHING to do with how we transport them. jmo

;);););););)

If the money is there, spend it on new equipment like a state owe the art transporter for the members.

yes thats the best answer i have heard all day a new transporter, and to add if you send to both national you are a hypocrite, as you cant burn the candle from both ends, a lot of the fly men are only there to steal the price of a bag of corn and feather there own nests, and end up been able to carry storys, to and from each others agm, they attend

think that rule need to be addressed, i also think the committee need to be brought in to question as to where are they heading penny lane

• 1 month later...

i have read all the posts on this ,and its obvious theres a problem getting age on our doos.

i have raced doos for 38years now,and not a lot of progress has been made regarding the transpot side of things.i can remember loading the fife fed motor,as far back as 70's (we had 3 at that time ,and only lanarkshire was bigger birdage in scotland) and it was so warm the sweat was running down my back,it was that warm in the motor.so i really dont think a bit of perspex on the roof is the problem.

the clocking of the doos has improved since i came in to this sport,stb's t3's ets.

the doo crib....if it works then its right.

we all train our own doos in different cars,vans,trailers etc from years ago, lots of cars have air conditioning do these fanciers get great training with there doos....i doubt it.

the variables we cant control are raptors and the weather.

the raptor problem is responsible for more fanciers packing up than ets or pigeon politics will ever be.

think about the weather ,we have times in the doo season that in a 12hr period we have had rain,wind,brilliant sunshine and heavy cloud in a space of 50mls.

jmo