Next Day Returns/Sunday

sapper756

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gareth Rankin

Are all these controllers getting it wrong or is it a case of when one goes the pressure is on them to let them go

I would love to speak with the Angus controller who had the ba--s to hold over when all round liberated and ask him / her why

Good on you mate hope today was a good one

Ian

Personally i don't think race controllers are to blame for yesterdays bad returns, Scottish feds raced from different sites and released at different times, and rain/showers later in the day that the pigeons might have had to face after the liberation was a secondary issue and not the cause that losses are so high.

This is part of the problem why many members will be leaving the sport, we never get to the route problem of why we are experiencing these types of races, nothing is ever learned, no effort goes into finding out what went wrong. Sport is self-destructing and it's all very feeble the effort that goes into protecting the longevity of the sport..

You wouldn't blame a fancier for leaving this sport :( ,

Guest BRYANBROCK

Personally i don't think race controllers are to blame for yesterdays bad returns, Scottish feds raced from different sites and released at different times, and rain/showers later in the day that the pigeons might have had to face after the liberation was a secondary issue and not the cause that losses are so high.

This is part of the problem why many members will be leaving the sport, we never get to the route problem of why we are experiencing these types of races, nothing is ever learned, no effort goes into finding out what went wrong. Sport is self-destructing and it's all very feeble the effort that goes into protecting the longevity of the sport..

So how do we find out the problem and solve it :huh::huh:

Well said Gareth.

There has not been much mention of the Northern Lights, they could be seen as far South as Germany on Thursday night, that has never happened before and they are all to do with magnetic fields. Quite often when there are big losses we read in the BHW that there was a lot of sun activity. Bilco wrote quite a lot about it.

:angry:;);) how can midland fed put on libline phone back after 12 and liberate at 11.15 and 1 of our members friends was on his way back up from lake district and was driving with head lights on and wipers as it was bucketing down at 10.30am :angry:

not unusual for Midland fed . I remember the race controller asking for the birds to be brought home and the fed secretary told the convoyer to release them.A disaster followed :(

Guest Gareth Rankin

[/quobut

So how do we find out the problem and solve it :huh::huh:

A few things to start with would be a group created of fanciers with a mandate designed at looking into the longevity of the sport were relationships should/would be made with Universitys and goverment bodies, there has to be something fruitful that can come from these bodies that in the long term can help the sport survive.

:angry:

not unusual for Midland fed . I remember the race controller asking for the birds to be brought home and the fed secretary told the convoyer to release them.A disaster followed :(

fine if u get a hard race but the young birds didnt get a chance they were still coming at 9 last night and all day today and still fresh theyve went down :angry:

ame='BRYANBROCK' date=' 8 August 2010 - 20:29 PM' timestamp='1281295759' post='577446']

A few things to start with would be a group created of fanciers with a mandate designed at looking into the longevity of the sport were relationships should/would be made with Universitys and goverment bodies, there has to be something fruitful that can come from these bodies that in the long term can help the sport survive.

I really hope that we are not sayin that bad races is a new thing cos its not. Cmon lads surely my memorys no playin tricks on me is it?

Guest Gareth Rankin

I really hope that we are not sayin that bad races is a new thing cos its not. Cmon lads surely my memorys no playin tricks on me is it?

No its not new, though 50-60 years ago they never had forecasts and if they could see a mile from the race point they would liberate and still get better races than we get now on next to perfect conditions for liberating doos.

had 8 strays on my roof last night 3 were lanarkshire 2 were fife doo`s (could`nt get the numbers ) all were soaked through offered feed but they only wanted to rest all gone this morning . i tossed my ybs in 2 lots 8 mls today 1st lot took 3 hrs (4th toss same place )1 missing , 2nd lot 15mins (1st toss )????? what the hell is happening to them . Greengairs .

derek if the truth be known the secretary G Truesdale and the president of the fed A Garvin (SNFC) Secretary put the bird up from Crawford 37 miles total disaster for 1 reason was to keep everyone away from the meeting to be held from the cheating that went on from the SNFC and yes it was a totaL disaster!!!

Hi Gareth

I have not said race controllers were to blame but even they must wonder why ANGUS held flying the same shorter route than us

Just what did they see that convinced them NOT to liberate

I have had some replies which disagree with your thoughts so just who is telling the truth

So rain was the secondary issue (not in my opinion) read above as stated birds were soaking

What was the primary issue or do we have to go to university or goverment officials to find out, wonder what RSPCA would think of this losses in my opinion WE are responsible for the Travel and care of our birds and should be looking closely at what has happened.

I will take a bet right now it will never be discussed by any committee just accepted as a bad race :angry: :angry:

I ask again why did ANGUS not liberate and who made the Decision which I believe to be correct

I can fully accept weather changes at 500ml but a 100ml or less it is shocking and is ruining our sport and being swept under the carpet every time it happens

No one is going to help us we must investigate and hold ourselves accountable

Losses are NOT new but on the scale we are having in the last few years is NOT acceptable

Look at your own fed and the reduction in members and birds (4000) in one race last year and last Saturdays losses what have you learned?

My Fed had horrendous losses on Saturday. I personally lost more birds on Saturday than I have lost in the last two years old & young birds

As you know we have videos of our liberation. I have checked these and can see no irregularities so must deduce the problem was further up the road.

We will always get the guy's that state I got all mine home but will wait to see next weeks birdage. One thing I can assure you it will be way down and the ones that say I got all mine will be telling us they have split there team to hide the losses

How do we protect the longevity of the sport when we cannot / will not look at these horrendous losses

Either way what was the primary cause ???

I have raced pigeons from 1984 mostly down the centre of the country

and can't remember losses of such magnitude,

since we moved to the east coast,

when we get a bad race from the east it's a disaster. I know about the

hawks etc. but there all over the place now. And I totally agree that

the comments made about why it happened should be looked at and not just

write it off as another bad race, or lay the blame at someone else's door .

wullie g

I know that not all fanciers could get it wrong after a diesater we had on saturday but you always see some fanciers blaming others not thinking did i do somthing wrong.Because i know and u know not every fancier will stick pigeons in a basket fit enough to do the job we,ve all handled pigeons from other members and thought u aint getting that back from the race.And believe me it happens every friday night ive done it sent them not up to scratch so im not innocent just honest enough to say it.SO lets stop looking 4 answers we aint going to get and look after the ones we thankfully got home and get it right 4 the next race.

We are to blame ourselves for the massive losses nowadays. 1. In Scotland there must have been a dozen different liberation points all getting released at similar times. Ive said it before, the governing bodies should be controlling all the races as they can communicate better with other unions and minimise clashing etc. There would be less race points used and more control on liberations 2. We sit back and let BOP destroy our sport.Every single one of you that doesnt do something about this is responsible for the demise of the sport.Ive heard people say, I cant let my birds out because of the BOP,etc etc Well do something about it then and dont ask me , what to do, you know exactly the right thing to do.Get off yer arses and fight back. 3. I have noticed these days that people take great pleasure in other peoples misfortune, what I mean is, if a fed has a disaster and the fed next to it libs later and gets a good race. This mentallity is killing the pigeon sport, wishing bad luck on fellow fanciers is a bloody disgrace.We must all have the same objective in this sport.

Too many disasters with no apparent reasons, well it is now time for the high heed yins to sit round a table and get this solved before its too late.

We are to blame ourselves for the massive losses nowadays. 1. In Scotland there must have been a dozen different liberation points all getting released at similar times. Ive said it before, the governing bodies should be controlling all the races as they can communicate better with other unions and minimise clashing etc. There would be less race points used and more control on liberations 2. We sit back and let BOP destroy our sport.Every single one of you that doesnt do something about this is responsible for the demise of the sport.Ive heard people say, I cant let my birds out because of the BOP,etc etc Well do something about it then and dont ask me , what to do, you know exactly the right thing to do.Get off yer arses and fight back. 3. I have noticed these days that people take great pleasure in other peoples misfortune, what I mean is, if a fed has a disaster and the fed next to it libs later and gets a good race. This mentallity is killing the pigeon sport, wishing bad luck on fellow fanciers is a bloody disgrace.We must all have the same objective in this sport.

Too many disasters with no apparent reasons, well it is now time for the high heed yins to sit round a table and get this solved before its too late.

spot on Derek .

I agree that we cannot continue with these unexplained losses. I also agree that before long government and public opinion will turn against pigeon racing when and if knowledge of these losses becomes public knowledge, as it must. Legislation is already in place which forces a duty of care on all of us for our birds' welfare.

I'm not alone in thinking we need to get up in the air following and videoing our birds' liberations from the beginning through to them arriving into their home area.

Some sort of tracking device is also needed - small enough for the pigeon to carry on its ring - fitted to one bird per member, every race for a season.

No room for wild guesses or coming down on favourite excuses, we are already outside the law on care, stupid to make matters worse, like getting pigeon racing stopped for good.