Young Bird Vaccinations

sapper756

Guest bakes

still got to buy some last time sec and fellow club member done them for us charged me 20p per bird but with misses not being well my mind havent been on my birds been all over the place and with work and other things im weeks behind comepair to i wonted to be training wise no were near happy with them but not sending them, to there at least had another 10 tosses as if it comes to it would prefure to send them a yearlings un raced but well trained up then send then as ybs not schooled enough as aint throwing them away if i cant get them jabbed up via the club will have to buy in some colombovac from somewere aint got a clue were to buy it from as like said always been helped out in past with jabbing yb then done before oldbird raceing in past

all best

I always used Colombovac but since it became scarce, a couple of years ago i went onto Nobilis. I vaccinate them in the nest about 21 days old, find it a lot easier at that time as they are injected before they know whats happening. Far as i know the manufacturers recommend it at that age. :)

I always used Colombovac but since it became scarce, a couple of years ago i went onto Nobilis. I vaccinate them in the nest about 21 days old, find it a lot easier at that time as they are injected before they know whats happening. Far as i know the manufacturers recommend it at that age.

i do the same jab them when i wean them it so easy to do

i do the same jab them when i wean them it so easy to do http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

I thought you had to get 2 independant club members to inject your birds, and sign to say sohttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

No Colombovac supplies in Britain as far as I know, bit in BHW saying its down to a buy-out this time and production moved to America. So it's Nobilis or nothing.

I've used both, and I always advise folks to read the label first, because the dosage / age instructions differ: 0.2 ml and min 21 days for Colombovac and 0.25ml and min 28 days for Nobilis.

I prefer Colombovac simply because you use less of it, and you can do the youngsters at an earlier age. I split my youngsters around 28 days old and use the following 14 days to train them to come to the feeder when called.

It's during that 14-day period that I vaccinate and wing stamp them, so it doesn't matter which vaccine I use, they will always be above minimum age, but this year I had to renew all the valves in my vaccine gun after 2/3 years of using Nobilis and I think the mineral oil in it gunges-up the gun.

I thought you had to get 2 independant club members to inject your birds, and sign to say so

The Loft Vaccination Certificate has to be signed by 2 independent members of a club, one who witnessed and one who carried out vaccination. I sign both as owner and the member who carried out the vaccination, and my clubmate (who holds the pigeon, it's a two man job imo) signs as witness. Another clubmate used to vaccinate my birds, he signed as member who carried out the vaccination, and I signed as owner and witness.

Guest bakes

I thought you had to get 2 independant club members to inject your birds, and sign to say so

yes always have been 2 independant members there everytime my birds have been jabbed i hand bird to witness he reads out ring number the other member that jabs the birds writes that down on sheet then jabs birds hand the birds back to me that then goes into separate basket after all birds have been jabbed the 2 members sign form i sign it and hand one copy to club start of season and a copy of the sheet goes into folder out way in loft so i can put my hand on it if need be.

I always used Colombovac but since it became scarce, a couple of years ago i went onto Nobilis. I vaccinate them in the nest about 21 days old, find it a lot easier at that time as they are injected before they know whats happening. Far as i know the manufacturers recommend it at that age. :)

To give the birds maximum protection they should be done in the nest irrespective of witnesses or red tape.

i jab them 3 times twice for pmv and once for paratifus.and rules are there so the job gets done -we have all seen some birds put into baskets that look bad -and they are there all night with your birds,pmv rules are for your birds protection,red tape or not.

I find it very interesting that some think red tape does not count, I would like to see their face if they were ever fortunate enough to win a National, and when confirmation of the winning bird they are asked to produce the vacination certificate, if they feel the same way thenhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif