Google Earth

Diamond dave

Has anyone been on Google Earth and keyed in thier Longitude and Latitude......? I done it with mine and it says my loft is nearly 150 Yards closer to the next fancier than it actually is.

-Surely this aint right!!!! If his loft is marked wrong in the opposite direction there could be a difference of 300 yards.

- Can anything be done about this........?

Has anyone been on Google Earth and keyed in thier Longitude and Latitude......? I done it with mine and it says my loft is nearly 150 Yards closer to the next fancier than it actually is.

-Surely this aint right!!!! If his loft is marked wrong in the opposite direction there could be a difference of 300 yards.

- Can anything be done about this........?

I think there is a built in error on Google,it places my loft approx 150yds out,one of the reasons the RPRA will not use it,so I'm told.

Guest Freebird

Read a few weeks back,that the NEHU have GPS on their agenda for 2011,there is a system now that is spot on for distances,anybody know anything about it?

All 24 GPS satellites are programmed with an error for security reasons etc. GPS was developed by the U.S. department of defence and is only accurate to 30 metres for anyone without the correct receivers. Any other system that uses GPS has to correct this inbuilt error. Differential Global Positioning system (DGPS) for the marine environment corrects this error and corrections are transmitted via radio signals and are accurate up to 0.5 metres. I monitor this service and during times of impending global conflict some satellites intentionally disappear or are miles off their true position etc. which has a knock on effect with our system. Don't know what system Google Earth use but the NEHU may well be considering using ours (DGPS).

All 24 GPS satellites are programmed with an error for security reasons etc. GPS was developed by the U.S. department of defence and is only accurate to 30 metres for anyone without the correct receivers. Any other system that uses GPS has to correct this inbuilt error. Differential Global Positioning system (DGPS) for the marine environment corrects this error and corrections are transmitted via radio signals and are accurate up to 0.5 metres. I monitor this service and during times of impending global conflict some satellites intentionally disappear or are miles off their true position etc. which has a knock on effect with our system. Don't know what system Google Earth use but the NEHU may well be considering using ours (DGPS).

Thanks for the info Freebird.atb.