Young Birds

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly or are u bammin me up

No not at all.I dinna use dummies at all.Go in the loft tomorrow morning put the hen in a basket for a few minutes.Boil the kettle,pour the water in a pan then add the eggs and let it boil on your cooker for 2 or 3 minutes.Run them under the cold tap for a second so they aren't scalding hot when you put them back on the nest then let the hen back up to them.Prefer this to dummies as I think the doos know they arnae real eggs.Alternatively you can shake them until you hear liquid slooshing around in them but have found boiling them to be better :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like I will be purchasing new lofts this weekend going to be a 12 by 6 and 11 by 6 if you had these two lofts what system would you fly would you put sections in them any ideas will be a great help

Yes m8, I would have 2 sections in the 12 x 6, each being 6 x 6

It all depends on which system you plan to fly, as if you are flying widowhood, you will need separate sections for the sexes.

Also how many youngsters you plan to breed

Good luck :scotland: :scotland: :scotland:

So how many widowhood cocks do u reckon a would get in a 6x6 section

I have a 12x6 widowhood loft, with 2 sections; a 8x6 for 12 widowhood nest boxes and a 4x6 with 12 widowhood hen boxes in ithttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0137-clapping.gifhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0137-clapping.gifhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0137-clapping.gif

Guest KING BILLY

No not at all.I dinna use dummies at all.Go in the loft tomorrow morning put the hen in a basket for a few minutes.Boil the kettle,pour the water in a pan then add the eggs and let it boil on your cooker for 2 or 3 minutes.Run them under the cold tap for a second so they aren't scalding hot when you put them back on the nest then let the hen back up to them.Prefer this to dummies as I think the doos know they arnae real eggs.Alternatively you can shake them until you hear liquid slooshing around in them but have found boiling them to be better :)

serve on toast with a littel salt and butter :santa-dance::santa-dance::santa-dance::santa-dance::santa-dance:

WELL GUYS ITS NOT LONG UNTIL I MOVE AND GET MY NEW LOFTS TWO TWELVE BY SIXES I PLAN ON USING ONE FOR 16 WIDOWHOOD COCKS THEN A 8X6 FOR THE YOUNG BIRDS AND 4FT FOR THE HENS!

DO YOU THINK THIS IS THE BEST WAY I COULD USE THE LIMETED SPACE AND DO YOU THINK 16 WIDOWHOOD COCKS WILL BE ENOUGH?

IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOUZ WOULD DO DIFFERTLY PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REPLY :egyptian: